Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Tigers def. Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I recall late last season, reading the Tigers fans board forum, some of their fans wanted a twenty goal hiding to get rid of hapless Hardwick ! Look, I really don't want to go down that path, we are a pretty young team, I don't want us getting annihilated, it could ruin the young ones confidence for a fair while. I agree Prez for Life eddie is past his use by date, but if nobody runs against him, as did happen, then he can go on for as long as he likes Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Things aren't near so bad as people think. Look at the ladder. We are in pretty good company bottom feeding at 0-2- Sydney, Hawthorn, Suns, and weren't North Melbourne and St. Kilda supposed to be among the big improvers and contenders this year?

And look at who's at the top of the ladder after two rounds - Richmond (yeah sure, that'll last), Essendon (the only way they won't tank is if they Dank) and Geelong (ha!).

No, things sometime take time to settle. We'll be right.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:47 pm

seriously, we need to work on accuracy at the sticks.

that game could have been won, easily.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:03 am

We should have beaten both the Dogs and Tigers. Seriously, Moore, Fasolo, Mayne, Sidey and Treloar should all hang their heads in shame for the simple shots on goal they butchered. If they have any pride at all, they'll improve dramatically this week and help us beat the Swans.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:39 am

RudeBoy wrote:
We should have beaten both the Dogs and Tigers. Seriously, Moore, Fasolo, Mayne, Sidey and Treloar should all hang their heads in shame for the simple shots on goal they butchered. If they have any pride at all, they'll improve dramatically this week and help us beat the Swans.

True, but on the other hand, Richmond missed some easy shots as well. We were slightly better than them around the ground but they were a lot more effective going forward, and they ran out the game far better than we did. So while we might have won it, it was a pretty poor performance by our boys on measures beyond just goalkicking.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:29 am

Woods wrote:
Things aren't near so bad as people think. Look at the ladder. We are in pretty good company bottom feeding at 0-2- Sydney, Hawthorn, Suns, and weren't North Melbourne and St. Kilda supposed to be among the big improvers and contenders this year?

North were predicted to be a bottom four team this year. Must be confusing them with Melbourne?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:23 am

Eleventh aint nothing to rave about and L L against our name but as yet no thumpings

A good win against Swans boys 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍[/b]

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:49 am

RudeBoy wrote:

We were so close to COMFORTABLE wins, that all the negativity here defies logic.

Its as if we were clearly outplayed and completely uncompetitive in both games.

GO figure.

Last edited by ThePieMind on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Aish's biggest problem is that he lacks all penetration in his play. Like Fasolo plays according to his personality (arrogantly). Aish plays introvertedly. He does those dab 30 metre kicks utowards the boundary line, lacks the run and go towards our goal area and seems to glide passively.

Hope this changes. Reckon some "on ball time" may be worthwhile!

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 pm

We did pretty well to be right in the match until the end.

If you look at the team objectively that took the field against Richmond, how many would attract attention from the top sides if they were available to draft?

No more than half, if that.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:13 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Aish's biggest problem is that he lacks all penetration in his play. Like Fasolo plays according to his personality (arrogantly). Aish plays introvertedly. He does those dab 30 metre kicks utowards the boundary line, lacks the run and go towards our goal area and seems to glide passively.

Hope this changes. Reckon some "on ball time" may be worthwhile!

yes, somethign in that. He still looks like a developing player with a lot of promise to me, but he has had enough time now - should be starting to break out. Hope he does soon.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm having to read Stephen Hawking's "The four laws of black hole mechanics" in Swahili to begin to understand Buckley's game plan based on the first two two rounds this year.

It too seems incomprehensible.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:06 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I'm having to read Stephen Hawking's "The four laws of black hole mechanics" in Swahili to begin to understand Buckley's game plan based on the first two two rounds this year.

I think poor Bucks may be nearing the event horizon.

But more seriously, WPT, I don't find the game plan very strange. We looked far better than the Dogs and Tiggers for much of the last two games, just failed to make the most of our opportunities. If anything, it looks a lot more solid than the first half of last year... do you see it as different ?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:08 am

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

But more seriously, WPT, I don't find the game plan very strange. We looked far better than the Dogs and Tiggers for much of the last two games, just failed to make the most of our opportunities. If anything, it looks a lot more solid than the first half of last year... do you see it as different ?

I agree mugwump. Save for some errant kicking for goal we'd be sitting near the top of the ladder, rejoicing at our great form.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I agree mugwump. Save for some errant kicking for goal we'd be sitting near the top of the ladder, rejoicing at our great form.

Well of course if we kicked a bigger score we would have won, however the inefficiency of our movement is glaringly obvious. We over possess, we finesse & looked forced in our decision making. The movement of the ball is not second nature and not reflexive which it seems goes to lack of practice.

One of the factors last year that switched our form around in the second half of the season was the application of pressure which is well down so far this year. In fact it seems like deja vu al over again (boom boom). Surely we haven't learn't from the first half of ast year. This goes down to coaching.

Two pieces of play last week highlighted the problem & showed the solution (in part):

Problem: Pendlbury gets the ball at half back stops for a few seconds & writes to me personally on level one at the Ponsford that he is going to go wide & transfer the play across the half back line. By the time this occurs we are pressured in a turnover. There were other better choices but the best decision maker going 'round was a slave to format in this instance.

Solution: Grundy gets the ball out of the centre & runs direct to goal & hey presto in stark contradistinction to the way we have delivered the ball to the forward line for most of the match Grundy kick's a great goal.

Having said that it does not mean we shouldn't transfer play across the half back line or go direct all of the time but these two examples highlight some of the problems we are facing currently.

The players are over thinking meaning they are uncertain.

This occurred a lot of the time in the first half last year which ultimately reflects negatively on the coach & coaches.

Another intervening variable is personnel or lack thereof. I don't mean personnel in the HR use of the term but we do need culture & change Wink

Dropping Cox as Dr Pie noted before the game was an error of Colossal proportions - it contributed to us going wide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24   

Jump to: