Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Tigers def. Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep seeing these bleeding posts about Collingwood missing all their shots at goal and that's all that's wrong. Maybe watch both teams.richmond also missed fundamental shots at goal whilst still achieving a 6 goal turnaround in the last quarter and a half. Do we count all richmonds missed chances as goals also? Collingwood are so poorly coached and Buckley is a polarising personality that was good as a player, disastrous as a coach. 6 years on, it's over.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 pm

slangman wrote:
Cloke should give the money back from last year. That was an absolute pathetic "effort" from a player on top dollar.
He shouldn't blame anyone for not being at Collingwood but himself.
Has put more effort and lead out more in one game for the bulldogs than he did the last few years for us who were paying him triple of what the bulldogs are.
Disgusting to know that he cares more about helping the bulldogs young forwards on a low wage than honour his contract (hell, even reduced) helping Moore develop.
Just shows how much he really cared about us.
There have been many players leave us for other teams that have hurt.
Daisy land beams leaving hurt the most coz I loved watching both of them play. But at least I understood that the money they were offered was hard to knock back. I couldn't blame them too much.
But Cloke....now that a totally different one altogether. Held us to ransom to suit himself for what he wanted then left us when the time came he once again did only what suited him.
Get stuffed Clokey. I won't respect him until the money is returned.

And those now singing his praises also forget how his old man Demir tried to royally screw us at every bloody turn. Lets see how Cloke goes by around round 14, when the dogs play the really good teams in the run home, and Roughead comes back in for the dogs too. Dogs have a dream early draw too, compared to our nightmare next four games. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:
While others would disagree I've always been of the belief that it's harder for most young players in there first couple of seasons to find self belief and confidence at AFL level playing in defence.

Whether it be because they're so worried about concentrating on there opponent they neglect there own, lose confidence by having a bag kicked on them or making a mistake that directly results in an opposition goal there form can quickly diminish as self doubts move in.

Personally I'd love to see Maynard unshackled from the burden of being a defender in our side for a few weeks and given a role across half forward with some stints in the midfield to see what he can produce in a different position.

I'd like to see what he can do with some freedom and weight of responsibility lifted from those shoulders and for our coach to think outside the square and mix things up.

Hell he take Blair's position!

I love this concept. I love Maynard's courage, his strong body and attack on the ball. I think you are right in suggesting that defence is an added burden for young players. I would love to see Maynard unchained in a forward role. You can see how much he loves going forward from the way he plays.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:52 pm

Just a thought, anybody considered that Richmond with the additions of caddy And Prestia are a better team than last year?

NOT excusing the shitty skills displayed last night but the swans got rolled by more than we did by the Dogs.

Hope for finals not lost, unless the players think so.

Jamesy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 pm

Add Nankervis to that list, Dalyc. When it counted, the Tiges looked more polished in close. We need to train far better, as what we are seeing mimics the past.

Go the Pies!
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:38 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
We sure could have used Cloke last night.

Yeah Trav would've nailed them all for sure!

Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:58 pm

dalyc wrote:
Just a thought, anybody considered that Richmond with the additions of caddy And Prestia are a better team than last year?

NOT excusing the shitty skills displayed last night but the swans got rolled by more than we did by the Dogs.

Hope for finals not lost, unless the players think so.

Prestia kept us in the game last night. I swear he had a black and white jumper on. Likewise Caddy, no influence at all.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 am

Can't help but notice that Travis Cloke played a really excellent game for the Bulldogs tonight, and coach Luke Beveridge was overflowing in his praise. I am sorry, but there is no explanation for this other than that our coach was utterly incapable of working with Travis Cloke to bring out his best. To claim that Cloke was "lazy and too well paid" is mind bogglingly stupid. For a coach who understood him, and gave him confidence, he would have been more than willing to reproduce his best efforts for us. To leave Darcy Moore alone in the forward line, without the support that Travis Cloke could have provided,was incredibly destructive. We are now seeing the impact of this massive failure.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:01 am

MarkOSuv wrote:
Wrong to pot Moore.

He is 21 and built like a rake.

A fool of a coach is expecting him to hold together the forward line and engage the best defender.

A fool of a coach couldn't see Darcy's development would be hindered without adequate support in Cloke.

MarkOsuv, so happy to agree with someone besides Cam. Moretrealore who knows nothing will argue with you all day.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:06 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Can't help but notice that Travis Cloke played a really excellent game for the Bulldogs tonight, and coach Luke Beveridge was overflowing in his praise. I am sorry, but there is no explanation for this other than that our coach was utterly incapable of working with Travis Cloke to bring out his best. To claim that Cloke was "lazy and too well paid" is mind bogglingly stupid. For a coach who understood him, and gave him confidence, he would have been more than willing to reproduce his best efforts for us. To leave Darcy Moore alone in the forward line, without the support that Travis Cloke could have provided,was incredibly destructive. We are now seeing the impact of this massive failure.

Finally some sense.. come on Moretrealore give us an educated answer on why this is not correct!
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:06 am

The best game Cloke has played since the win over GWS last year. He was then dropped 2 weeks later, as if the plan was to always drop him. Another example of Buckley having no concept of getting the best out of players, a poor people manager who has already been given far too long in his role.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:43 am

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Wrong to pot Moore.

A fool of a coach is expecting him to hold together the forward line and engage the best defender.

A fool of a coach couldn't see Darcy's development would be hindered without adequate support in Cloke.

MarkOsuv, so happy to agree with someone besides Cam. Moretrealore who knows nothing will argue with you all day.

Travis Cloke was not interested in working with Darcy Moore. Travis doesn't like him, thinks he is arrogant. He was also a bit peeved at the addition of Mason Cox to the Pies as he viewed him as a threat to his position.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:26 am

slangman wrote:
Cloke should give the money back from last year. That was an absolute pathetic "effort" from a player on top dollar.
He shouldn't blame anyone for not being at Collingwood but himself.
Has put more effort and lead out more in one game for the bulldogs than he did the last few years for us who were paying him triple of what the bulldogs are.
Disgusting to know that he cares more about helping the bulldogs young forwards on a low wage than honour his contract (hell, even reduced) helping Moore develop.
Just shows how much he really cared about us.
There have been many players leave us for other teams that have hurt.
Daisy land beams leaving hurt the most coz I loved watching both of them play. But at least I understood that the money they were offered was hard to knock back. I couldn't blame them too much.
But Cloke....now that a totally different one altogether. Held us to ransom to suit himself for what he wanted then left us when the time came he once again did only what suited him.
Get stuffed Clokey. I won't respect him until the money is returned.

And, funnily enough, managed to get a few free kicks for his efforts. I don't think we should have traded him, but the lack of frees he got while he was playing for us was on him, and had nothing to do with colour of his jumper

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:55 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Wrong to pot Moore.

Travis Cloke was not interested in working with Darcy Moore. Travis doesn't like him, thinks he is arrogant. He was also a bit peeved at the addition of Mason Cox to the Pies as he viewed him as a threat to his position.

This is a load of codswallop.

Darcy Moore himself has said Cloke taught him many things as a player and person to be a better player.

Cloke was a scapegoat last year for a coach who has been in over his head since the start. He kicked 4/6 goals against GWS and two weeks later, he was dropped.

He came in against Port on a wet rainy day that wasn't suited for key forwards and was dropped immediately.

Shocking man management by Buckley.

Anyone with half a brain would tell you that Moore is all at sea without Travis. Darcy' best game was against West Coast last year.

Travis engaged West Coast's best defender all night and Darcy was free to jump at the ball on their second defender. It is shocking player development by the coach to expect a 21 year old with a build of a rake to hold down the number 1 slot.
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
I keep seeing these bleeding posts about Collingwood missing all their shots at goal and that's all that's wrong. Maybe watch both teams.richmond also missed fundamental shots at goal whilst still achieving a 6 goal turnaround in the last quarter and a half. Do we count all richmonds missed chances as goals also? Collingwood are so poorly coached and Buckley is a polarising personality that was good as a player, disastrous as a coach. 6 years on, it's over.

Agree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24   

Jump to: