Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mike Sheahan calls us 'bogans'

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
I don't boo so don't understand why people do. I thought there were just as many people applauding so not sure why it's an issue or if any other club handle those thing any better or worse. I was at Tommy Hafey's first game back at Vic Park as coach of the Cats coach where he was applauded as he walked to the 1/4 time huddle so that clearly says we're at least situationally appropriate.

Geezuz, that just came back to me - 1983?

MP magpie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Someone should remind Mike about the dees fans and Scully.
I remember that bogan with a full pillow case with $$ written on it.

Also Frawley.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:11 pm

This kind of reporting does nothing but further tarnish our reputation as supporters.

Thank you Mike.

Where was he when his daughter was being carried off the field and there was nothing but sympathy and heartbreak for her?

That's the true disappointment Mike. The fact that you singled us out for getting stuck into a former player, something that every other team does/has done hundreds of times in the past. It was always going to happen. Clokes relationship with the supporters was always a bit questionable.

Nathan Buckley was booed his entire career. Where is the sympathy there? Where was the title "bogan supporters" there?

Goddard was booed by St Kilda supporters. Was that a disgrace? Perhaps some Essendon supporters think so. But when Crameri and Ryder lined up against the old mob for the first time, guess what? Boos. So lets see what happens when Carlisle lines up against them later in the year. And Hibbard/Melksham too.

Will there be an article then? Will those supporters be labelled as bogans then?

And as the above post talks about Scully and Frawley, why not also go back to Shane Woewodin? Or would that be too close to home?

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Sooky sooky la la(Mike Sheahan that is)

Seriously,hasn't he got something more important to whinge about?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:44 pm

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:
I don't boo so don't understand why people do. I thought there were just as many people applauding so not sure why it's an issue or if any other club handle those thing any better or worse. I was at Tommy Hafey's first game back at Vic Park as coach of the Cats coach where he was applauded as he walked to the 1/4 time huddle so that clearly says we're at least situationally appropriate.

Yeah, that'd be about right. Brought a tear to the eye on the day. Tommy had a few issues as a coach but he was loved by all. Well, except Peter Moore.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:47 pm

It's a long established footy tradition for supporters to boo ex-players. Those in the media trying to portray this as a Collingwood 'problem' are simply exposing their own biases.

We see it doubly in this case, the negative focus on Cloke in his career at Collingwood was fuelled by the same people who were cheering him the hardest on Friday night. What would've been a disappointing performance if he was wearing black and white became a triumphant 'comeback' on the back of 12 kicks, 6 marks and 1 goal.

Amusingly, exactly the same as Dale Thomas.

The hatred is real, that's why we should ignore much of what the 'experts' say.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:23 am

Cloke himself laughed it off,
And the boos started at the dodger free kick before he got the ball, I know, I was booing!

Who gives a shit what Sheehan thinks

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:31 am

If only we boo'ed our joke of a coach for his poor performances. You know the coach that drove Cloke outta town and gifted him to the Bulldogs... so glad we have a premiership caliber fwd line with Mayne and White leading the charge....

Honestly, to see Cloke go back and split the middle while I saw Pies fans with short memories having a crack at a premiership hero was just priceless. Justice indeed.

It really makes me sick how far we've fallen since 2010 just to appease one champion player become a joke of a coach
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:39 am

^^^

Yeah let's make this an anti Bucks thread like every other one on here. Good work 🙄

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 am

The media (which Mike is part of) built up Cloke departing Collingwood to get a reaction from Collingwood supporters and they got what they wanted. This is so they can write/report about the reaction to attack Collingwood once again.

Reality is that Cloke's game for the Dogs was on par in what he has given Collingwood in the past few years and that was minimal.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:39 am

jackcass wrote:
piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Yeah, that'd be about right. Brought a tear to the eye on the day. Tommy had a few issues as a coach but he was loved by all. Well, except Peter Moore.

Not quite by all - I couldn't stand him. Didn't boo him, though, ether.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 am
Post subject: Re: Mike Sheahan calls us 'bogans'Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Tbh I though the booing was because Cloke's first mark followed hard upon a disallowed mark to Moore within scoring range. The booing started before Cloke even got it on the rebound from that.

never let the truth get in the way of a bulltish story.....

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
If only we boo'ed our joke of a coach for his poor performances. You know the coach that drove Cloke outta town and gifted him to the Bulldogs... so glad we have a premiership caliber fwd line with Mayne and White leading the charge....

Honestly, to see Cloke go back and split the middle while I saw Pies fans with short memories having a crack at a premiership hero was just priceless. Justice indeed.

It really makes me sick how far we've fallen since 2010 just to appease one champion player become a joke of a coach

Snore......

heres a tissue you giant sook. Dry your eyes and quit polluting every thread with the same anti Buckley crap.

Next thing your little band of chums will be here and and another thread and discussion will go wanting.

The mike Sheehan piece is just another case of Collingwood selling newspapers. Like the poster above I wouldn't read too much into it.

Players have been being booed for the ages ....it's actually quite a polite way of showing your disagreement comparative to throwing verbal insults at someone. Our fan base should be applauded for being nice about it really.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:00 am

It's Sir Bogan of Morwell to you Mike.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 am

I would absolutely bloody HATE it if I was loved by opposition fans because I'm a Collingwood supporter. It would take away all my pride of being able to fight fire with greater fire against those bastards.
If I have a dollar for each time Buck's was booed as a player, I wouldn't have to work today.
Mike Sheahan is just yet another hypocritical hack media wanker. I hate the hack media more than I hate umpires and all other opposition fans except for Carlscum and Essenscum fans who are your exemplary, text book type of ferals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: