Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kayle Kirby for Blair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:11 pm
Post subject: Kayle Kirby for BlairReply with quote

C'mon Nathan abandon your conservative selection policy and pick a player with X factor against the Tigers on Thursday night!
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he fit enough to play AFL?
If not then dont play him

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Of course that goes for any replacement
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:54 pm

Nup. Not ready. Daicos would be ahead of him for mine.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:55 pm

I'd literally take a 75% fit 2-3 goal Kirby effort vs anything Blair could come up with which we know is:

* no goals
* 3-4 clangers
* 2 behinds
* 4 missed tackles
* elite "look at me body language".... I really am trying

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:58 pm

It should happen but won't. Blair was a part of the successful 2010 forward press and therefore a part of Buck's "winning" strategy.

2010 was successful as Malty was forced to stop playing his favourites. Fast forward 6 years and here we are again. Maybe we should announce the new succession plan to get Bucks to stop playing his favourites.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:05 pm

I doubt Kirby will get a go until he builds up some fitness and form in the VFL. Ditto Daics.

Broomhead would be in front of him and Elliot is a walk up start once fit. We only really need 1 of Blair and Mayne as the defensive forward.

Like some older players were pushed out by young ones in 2010 (Blair was one of the young ones then), it will happen, but not until they either earn a spot or Blair isn't doing enough.

That's enough in the eyes of the coaching and selection staff who know what his KPI's are and whether he's achieving them or not, not the lynch mob who's fixated on dropping him.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Agree any replacement must be more advantage to side than a current player

Kirby 'Brown and Daics have to produce as gifting a place wrong

Natural attrician will occur tho in meantime want more "W" than "L" when i look at ladder

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:32 pm

NO argument from me, yep, give it a shot.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Damien wrote:
Nup. Not ready. Daicos would be ahead of him for mine.

As a Small Forward I have Kirby ahead of Daicos

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Watching blair the other night, I don't doubt his commitment he does get the pill, tries hard, but the trouble is, when he gets it, he does not do anything really constructive with the bloody thing, rarely does he finish off. On that basis alone, he needs a spell, and this Kirby guy needs to debut, he could only be an improvement, one would think.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Blair was among our better players on Friday night until the last quarter, when he drifted out of it. He played his role far more effectively than (for example) Darcy Moore or Varcoe played theirs. In the Game Day thread, people were screaming for his head by quarter time. Yet in the first quarter he laid the tackle that saw the ball spill to Sidebottom for our first goal. He hit the post with a front and centre gather off Cox. And he laid a poor handball to Varcoe when he should have had a shot, because in half a split second he saw Varcoe running to goal and he tried to do the team thing.

It has got to the point where people sweat on every little error he makes, while they overlook all others. Howe played well on Friday, yet he made several terrible disposal mistakes that nearly cost us several goals. Both
Maynard and .Ramsay made stupid misjudgements that cost us goals. Yet it's all Blair's fault. Elliot would be better value (he's better value than just about any other small forward in the league when he is on form), and when he is ready then he might push Jarryd out. But the hate on a player who backs up week after week, gets a lot of it for a small forward, and creates opportunities, is truly weird.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:42 pm

This post is a joke right???
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:54 pm

no, but I was expecting this kind of thoughtful response. Watch the game without your blinkers on. Did you see different facts to anything I wrote ? When a lot of people have agreed on something because they have been told what to see, it is often untrue. The bloke made a few mistakes. So did most of the others wearing black and white.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Blair was among our better players on Friday night until the last quarter, when he drifted out of it. He played his role far more effectively than (for example) Darcy Moore or Varcoe played theirs. In the Game Day thread, people were screaming for his head by quarter time. Yet in the first quarter he laid the tackle that saw the ball spill to Sidebottom for our first goal. He hit the post with a front and centre gather off Cox. And he laid a poor handball to Varcoe when he should have had a shot, because in half a split second he saw Varcoe running to goal and he tried to do the team thing.

It has got to the point where people sweat on every little error he makes, while they overlook all others. Howe played well on Friday, yet he made several terrible disposal mistakes that nearly cost us several goals. Both
Maynard and .Ramsay made stupid misjudgements that cost us goals. Yet it's all Blair's fault. Elliot would be better value (he's better value than just about any other small forward in the league when he is on form), and when he is ready then he might push Jarryd out. But the hate on a player who backs up week after week, gets a lot of it for a small forward, and creates opportunities, is truly weird.

My case rests.
Another poster who lives on a different planet to me.
when his manager tentatively put him out for tender last year, the silence was deafening.
He is not AFL standard anymore nor has he been for a number of years.
There is absolutely no point in playing him.
Play Kyle next week, give him some sugar and after this he may just want so more.
Is he ready for the big time ......no! but hey it may be of some benefit with the future in mind.
Play Blair and it will be the same old same old.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: