Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sons of Legends, Daicos, Brown, when to play ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

barrybc41 wrote:
Kirby also got an excellent reveiw on AFL State League happenings

Can someone bring me up to speed as i feel on here... Kirby suddenly seems to be the second name to god.

I did not watch alot of the pre-season "junk"comp....because it is junk to the real stuff.

But did Kirby play well...or is all this hype built off one VFL game?

For the point of the thread I would like to see Daicos given a game, If Elliott is not fix to play we could do worse then to give him a shot in the forward line.

Last edited by derkd on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:49 am

Actualy this discussion on the kids is Ok but when it comes down to it the 22 from Friday plus when fit Elliot ,DeGoey ,Wells and Greenwood are paid good $$$$$$

So if we have to contemplate these kids what does it say for the guys who should resurect our zip start

Kids will come sure but if the more experienced perorm to their pay packet then we dont need kids just yet

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm

Heaven forbid, but if we are 0-5 after five rounds, youd have to roll the dice an play them, and young Kirby too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 pm

We are not zip times five yet but agree we would have to really look at it in the event of a loss to Tigers

Fortune favours the brave they say

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:47 pm

The romance of the names is jading things here. Both will be players but they won't be our saviours in the short term. Like everyone else they'll have to earn it. A win last week and we wouldn't be having this convo. A high priced free agent and an idiot who broke his hand are in front in the queue, as is Broomhead.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Daicos is a great kid. He's going to make it. Brown would have debuted last week if he hadn't got glandular fever. Kirby could be a great find in the second half of the season. We have to be patient. All three could turn out to be great players. Unfortunately none is ready yet.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:28 pm

It all depends on the injury toll. Greenwood, DeGoey, Elliott and Wells and Aish and Sinclair (when fit) are all going to be ahead of Josh and Callum and Kayle on what they have shown so far. I can only see Blair as a likely "out", and he is outnumbered by those "ins".
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Mugwump wrote:
It all depends on the injury toll. Greenwood, DeGoey, Elliott and Wells and Aish and Sinclair (when fit) are all going to be ahead of Josh and Callum and Kayle on what they have shown so far. I can only see Blair as a likely "out", and he is outnumbered by those "ins".

Exactly true. We've already got Smith, Maynard, Ramsay, Aish and Moore with barely 20 games each of experience. Greenwood, JDG, Elliot, Sinclair and Wells when ready are the ones to come in. We can look at Callum, Daicos, Kirby and McLarty after they play a few VFL to decide whether one of them deserves a game, but god forbid, if they all end up getting games this season, because it means that severe injuries and/or loss of form of players has hit us again.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 pm

derkd wrote:
barrybc41 wrote:
Kirby also got an excellent reveiw on AFL State League happenings

Can someone bring me up to speed as i feel on here... Kirby suddenly seems to be the second name to god.

I did not watch alot of the pre-season "junk"comp....because it is junk to the real stuff.

But did Kirby play well...or is all this hype built off one VFL game?

For the point of the thread I would like to see Daicos given a game, If Elliott is not fix to play we could do worse then to give him a shot in the forward line.

He kicked 3 goals as a small forward in a team which often struggled to get the ball over the centre/HFF, while also taking a terrific pack clunk and laying some nice tackles/defensive efforts, coming off a pre-season which the scuttlebutt has was nearly derailed by self-inflicted damage (read, packing on the pud).

So, it was a nice return.

But, the headlines obscure the facts obvious to those who were there (ie, your truly), namely that he came through in patches and still has an obvious problem with his fitness.

This has really all come about because of Blair exposing just how ineffective he really is, particularly in a losing team, and the people are lashing around for a replacement. I understand that (as a member of the Drop Blair crowd), but the idea of playing Kirby in his place at this stage is fanciful. Thankfully, Buckley has knocked it on the head.

So, yes, it is a bit of Internet hype on top of a rather reasonable and pleasing performance.

I see Kirby did indeed get a nice wrap on the AFL website, but my advice would be to weight those reviews lightly. Half the time, the reporters in question do not even go to these games, instead just reporting what's fed to them by the clubs.

As for Daicos, he was alright as well. Didn't hit the scoreboard but was classy with ball in hand. That being said, I don't feel he's quite there yet either, though he is visibly more further advanced than Kirby. I suspect he'll debut at some point this year, but we haven't quite reached that stage yet, so if people want to have a look at the Son of Peter Daicos (or flavour of the moment Kirby), they best get down to a VFL game in the coming weeks, if they can...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I'd play Daicos over Blair any day of the week.

Mods, I've had enough of this nonsense - please install a "like" button on the forum FFS! Very Happy

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:17 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Daicos is a great kid. He's going to make it. Brown would have debuted last week if he hadn't got glandular fever. Kirby could be a great find in the second half of the season. We have to be patient. All three could turn out to be great players. Unfortunately none is ready yet.

100% this.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm

The fact that Daics has been named as an emergency for a senior berth so early demonstrates how much class he's got. He's clearly ahead of the earlier schedule which suggested he was a fair way off senior selection. Who knows he may yet debut in a week or so. Can't wait.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 pm

I must admit that when I saw Daicos is an emergency, I got a little happy in pants.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm old enough to recall that Daic's first child was a girl (Madison, from memory). This was before AFLW, I was a little "well, as long as she's healthy, but...." about it. I'm glad the great man went on to have some sons, though ... Smile
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm very excited that sooner rather than later, we will have sons of Daics and Brown, and this Kirby excitement machine in the same team. Its going to be a very good team then, with others around them like Moore, Elliott, hoskin Elliott, de goey, broomhead, Wells, Mayne, Langdon, Cox etc etc.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: