Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Blair is still in, as Thomosoc reaches for his blood pressure tablets. !

When you think about Blair tomorrow night just remember his first kick from last week.
It was a perfect kick .....direct to a Bulldog player by himself.

Funny, I remember Moore doing that sort of kick last Friday, and Howe, and Adams, and Crisp and Maynard (usually Maynard does it when kicking out to someone within 20m of the opposition's goal). Blair rarely does it, but all players except Pendlebury will have their moments.

It's getting so I enjoy Blair in the side because of the blood pressure wind-up factor. "Blair screws something up !" .... blood pressure spurts. "Blair kicks fine goal!".... blood pressure steeples further. "Blair busts a gut"... blood pours from nose of haters, worms appear on temples, small veins fragment in the eyes....

Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 am

Happy to see Broomhead in the team, kid has talent just needs a good run without injuries.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:24 am

I want to see a Mean side to Collingwood continue tommorow night following Varcoes bump and our general aggression toward player and ball.

It would be great to see Taylor Adams pay 'special attention' to Martin and do what he does best and hurt Dusty. Legally or illegally let this guy know he is not untouchable and we will target him and stop him.

Specifically interchanging Crisp and Adams like a WWE handicap tag-team every 3 minutes will do the trick.

If you tell me we pump the tigers by over 5 goals but Adams got 2 weeks for taking out Dusty. I'll take it and then i wont be able to shake my cocky smirk during the week

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:32 am

OK here is the one you have all been waiting for.

My eerily accurate prediction that we will lose to the Bulldogs because of going too tall at selection (before the sides were picked) and that WHE would have a great start in the B&W was a bullseye.

This week looks a bit easier.

The positives for the Tigers are few, Prestia looks a great inclusion for them and the form of Cotchin and Dusty significant.

Castanga looks like a 200 gamer and future on-field leadership material.

However these are hardly surprising, nor overly threatening, and given their initial encounter was against an extremely disappointing Carlton side, it doesn't hold a lot of weight.

The negatives for the Tigers are the form of Houli and Rance.
Both look a touch under-done still compared to last year.

Given this and the fact I'm not sold on Nankervis I'm expecting and will be backing the Pies to win comfortably.
Grundy to be in our best 3.

Collingwood to win 24+
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 am

piedys wrote:
Damien wrote:
I vividly remember watching the old man kick one of his very best ever goals against the Tiges from the forward pocket at Vic Park against Terry Keays. Had the perfect view of it from the Ryder Stand.

Should have been watching from inside the Social Club, behind glass.
So much air-borne beer accidentally launched from all rejoicing in the sheer excitement of the moment; August 1991.

Nah mate. I preferred to stand in the walkway and get my cans from the dungeon. I do remember going into raptures though.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:32 am

Tigers often play a resting mid as there FF sitting 10-20m behind the last defender (slowly sneaks away) we need our small defenders not to fall for this. Cotchin Martin Butler did it numerous times last week.
I like the fact we've gone much smaller this week. Our game style dictates that we have to have relentless pressure and be able to move the ball quickly.
A mobile forward line is important it gives our smaller players more options and our mids a chance to impact the scoreboard.
I still want to see Sidey play more forward than midfield we lack real class in our 50 so we need all we can get. If I see Faz stand there waving his arms stationary tonight I'm liable to have replace my TV in the morning. Faz get on your bike become a mobile target don't stand there waiting for someone to bomb it on your head numb nuts
I want to see some one tackle Martin every time he touches it wouldn't even mind if we give away a few frees early sitting him on his ass
All in all I'm bullish we can get this one and really show improvement on last week

Pies by 26
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:53 am

I'm now just concerned that this board may be completely uninhabitable if the unthinkable happens and we lose.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:02 am

Adams should take prime responsibility for Dusty.
Our hardest tackler and closest playing mid.
Attack him like we attacked Hodgey and Selwood.

Shame Levi is not up and about for tonight.

When Dusty goes forward I like Maynard with Adams as close by as possible.

Damm right Mugs - if we lose to this mob and go 0-2 the knives will be twisting.
Surely even you will be jumping on-board the Perceptive Train.
It will be the final boarding call.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:15 am

Mugwump wrote:
I'm now just concerned that this board may be completely uninhabitable if the unthinkable happens and we lose.

It's not even unthinkable.

Dont' get me wrong, I hope we win, and I'll be there cheering us on to do so, but we are far off our best team tonight.

In fact it might be the weakest 22 we field all year.

Varcoe out is big, and we've replaced him with two smaller players who have no physical influence at all.

Good thing is we are playing the tigers who aren't a very physcial team.

But Richmond aren't easy beats, there's only two of those this year and the Blues and Lions don't pop up on our schedule for a while.

We need to start better this week. We lost that game to the Dogs in the first quarter really. But if we are with the Tigers at quarter time our stars should get us over the line in a close one.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:16 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:

My eerily accurate prediction that we will lose to the Bulldogs because of going too tall at selection (before the sides were picked) and that WHE would have a great start in the B&W was a bullseye.

The positives for the Tigers are few, Prestia looks a great inclusion for them and the form of Cotchin and Dusty significant.

However these are hardly surprising, nor overly threatening, and given their initial encounter was against an extremely disappointing Carlton side, it doesn't hold a lot of weight.

Given this and the fact I'm not sold on Nankervis I'm expecting and will be backing the Pies to win comfortably.

Collingwood to win 24+

1. Nankervis kicked 2 goals for them last week.
2. They have also added depth to their midfield by getting Caddy from Geelong
3. Vlastuin, Lennon & Short are all good additions.

Add those to the usual suspects & Reiwoldt playing closer to home, I wouldn't be writing them off too early.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:18 am

Woods wrote:
Damien wrote:
collingwoodfan wrote:
Can someone tell me why on earth we would name someone like Josh Daicos as an emergency? Wouldn't we name him in the squad if he was playing not give him a late chance on Thursday afternoon as an emergency, just seems a strange way to potentially debut a huge father-son recruit?

Just getting his name in there and giving the lad some encouragement that if he keeps putting his best foot forward he's in the mix. I'd LOVE to see him debut on ANZAC day.

Just thinking. Did his Daicos junior's old man play his first game for Collingwood against Richmond. Anybody know?

Peter debuted against the Saints at the old VFL (Waverly Park) and the mighty 'pies won by a mere 175 points if I recall correctly. I was there but my memory recall is a bit fuzzy, Piesnchess like...Smile Twisted Evil Laughing

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 am

Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Blair is still in, as Thomosoc reaches for his blood pressure tablets. !

When you think about Blair tomorrow night just remember his first kick from last week.
It was a perfect kick .....direct to a Bulldog player by himself.

Funny, I remember Moore doing that sort of kick last Friday, and Howe, and Adams, and Crisp and Maynard (usually Maynard does it when kicking out to someone within 20m of the opposition's goal)

Yes Butcher Adams, Howling Howe, Crucified Crisp and Mangler Maynard....yes you picked some of our poor disposal players there!
Does that tell you something????? we have a problem with effective disposals that is led by Blair.
Some more recruitment of players like Hoskin Elliott please.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:25 am

watt price tully wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Collingwood to win 24+

1. Nankervis kicked 2 goals for them last week.
2. They have also added depth to their midfield by getting Caddy from Geelong
3. Vlastuin, Lennon & Short are all good additions.

Add those to the usual suspects & Reiwoldt playing closer to home, I wouldn't be writing them off too early.

1. Kreuzer got 40 hit outs on him.
Jesse White would have kicked 5 against Carlton last week. They were woeful.

2. Caddy is a slow goal-hungry hack - be lucky to make our best 30.

3. Vlaustin looked better last week but hardly a match winner.
Lennon has been playing ressies footy his whole career.
Short is well ... he is just Short - come on !

If we can't beat a side who is barely in consideration to make the top 8, we can give up on 2017 - because we will barely beat anyone. Have u seen our draw?

Or are we blaming injuries and suspensions already?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:28 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Collingwood to win 24+

I fully agreed with you last week but I'm not too sure that I do this week CC. The problem I have is :-
1. We are far from putting our best team on the field.
2. We have 3-4 new players getting the feel for the new game plan, changing old grained in instincts.
3. Inconsistency, very lazy running defensively and far too slow with transition from defence to attack.

This is NOT pessimism but reality from what I observed first hand last Friday.

NOT saying that the pies cant wen but not prepared to guess and speculate either. I can only hope and pray for a win, not honestly be certain of it following last week's display.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:29 am

Lazza wrote:
Woods wrote:
Damien wrote:
collingwoodfan wrote:
Can someone tell me why on earth we would name someone like Josh Daicos as an emergency? Wouldn't we name him in the squad if he was playing not give him a late chance on Thursday afternoon as an emergency, just seems a strange way to potentially debut a huge father-son recruit?

Just getting his name in there and giving the lad some encouragement that if he keeps putting his best foot forward he's in the mix. I'd LOVE to see him debut on ANZAC day.

Just thinking. Did his Daicos junior's old man play his first game for Collingwood against Richmond. Anybody know?

Peter debuted against the Saints at the old VFL (Waverly Park) and the mighty 'pies won by a mere 175 points if I recall correctly. I was there but my memory recall is a bit fuzzy, Piesnchess like...Smile Twisted Evil Laughing

You were there Lazz?
I thought it was at Vic Park !
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17   

Jump to: