Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I think we should stick with the 'no dickheads' policy.

As long as it doesn't extend to members. Razz Embarassed

You dickhead. Laughing Laughing Laughing
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 pm

derkd wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Can he play footy? We're short on those types.

The media pump him up. he is solid. we have enough Mids...we need to focus on forwards and backs.

Agree, if we're going to look at another top line mid through FA, throw everything at Fyfe, otherwise focus on KPP types if there are any on offer.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:17 pm

There is no doubt that Fyffe is a better person and a gun midfielder, but Martin can play as a forward and in that role is a more versatile player. He knows where the goals are and is virtually "untackleable" (if you know what I mean) but my question is can we afford him ? After all didn't we shell out about a million a year for Mayne and Wells so we can't have too much salary cap room.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:22 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Our best chance of persuading Martin might be to employ his good mate Swan in some role at the club next season.

Pity Swannie didn't have a couple of years still left in him.

I'm honestly fairly confident he'll choose us Swoop, just get that feeling and Eddie is no fool when it comes too business and I'm sure he's been planning for this for a bit - he'll be in his ear whispering him sweet nothings and selling the Pies to him 'cha-ching'

inclined to agree, dusty wont commit to tiges for a definite reason, theres no doubt a team is into him bigtime, just hope its us, he would be very, very handy to say the very least. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
There is no doubt that Fyffe is a better person and a gun midfielder, but Martin can play as a forward and in that role is a more versatile player. He knows where the goals are and is virtually "untackleable" (if you know what I mean) but my question is can we afford him ? After all didn't we shell out about a million a year for Mayne and Wells so we can't have too much salary cap room.

I've heard very strong rumors suggesting that Fyffe is the most disliked player at the dockers......and the only player NOT invited to a couple of recent player weddings. If it's true, then neither the Dockers or Tigers will win a Premiership. We need leaders who inspire their teammates, not piss them off.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:

I've heard very strong rumors suggesting that Fyffe is the most disliked player at the dockers......and the only player NOT invited to a couple of recent player weddings. If it's true, then neither the Dockers or Tigers will win a Premiership. We need leaders who inspire their teammates, not piss them off.

Which is disapointing that Gault retired so young.

www.facebook/the hybernators
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Forget Fyfe if doesnt stay at dockers he will be a hawk lock it in. I tipped you guys O'Meara 3yrs ago to Hawks. Fyfe wants million plus a year and dockers don't want to commit that much. Hawks started end of last season clearing the cap space Hodge goes this year with Bugoyne and they land Fyfe.
Tigers won't have the cap space for Martin simple. Rance is in near a million Prestia near $800k there still paying Delido $250k for this and next season. Martin likely to be at saints or north.
We won't be a player for him
Our war chest is going to be thrown at a power forward to assist Moore. The likes of Cameron or Paton or Schache will be in our sights.
Schache is most likely hasnt settled well into Brisbane life and is keen to move home. Don't know if we could work a trade though would be tough.
We have mids to burn but lack forward fire power.
As for this weeks match Aish will come in for sure. Varcoe will miss 1 week but wouldn't discount Broomy getting a run as well. Think we were 1 tall to heavy last week and think the same this week.
Cox looks the most likely to miss as he offers the least around the ground and mobility wise. Goldie can play both ends, White can ruck enough and offers more athletism. WHE can play mor forward and is very mobile and takes a good grab.
If Elliott is fit then he's automatic and means Blair misses
Really only poor kicking cost us last week fix that and we should win.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:12 pm

I think we should put Moore behind the ball.
Rance will most likely beat him. So why not suprise them and put Big Cox on Rance, and let Fasolo Elliot and co. take the load.

I would like to see Howe Reid and Moore at Half Back.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Yeh, blair must go, on reflection, and as suggested on the other thread, time to give Kirby a go, even only half fit, hed be an improvement on blair, who tries hard but does bugger all with the ball. Sorry TP, but even my patience has run out with your fave player, he just isn't cutting it, must have a spell in the magoos. Its time.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:31 pm

If we bring the effort that we brought against the Dogs on Thursday night, the result against inferior opposition will look after itself. We should win this game comfortably and if we don't it is going to be a very long year, but I can't see that happening unless we butcher the ball worse than last Friday night or we don't bring the same effort and intensity.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:01 pm

From what I gathered from Buck's presser on Fri night Elliott won't play this week. Varcoe won't either unless he escapes with a reprimand.
Means at least 2 ins. Presume like for like but there will be consideration to match up on the Tigers. I wouldn't mind Wills in to tag Martin but his fitness is questionable too.
Interesting selection ahead.

As for the chatter re Martin coming to Collingwood next year - no thanks. I'm in the "no dickheads" opinion camp.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:05 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
If we bring the effort that we brought against the Dogs on Thursday night, the result against inferior opposition will look after itself. We should win this game comfortably and if we don't it is going to be a very long year, but I can't see that happening unless we butcher the ball worse than last Friday night or we don't bring the same effort and intensity.

I agree. Someone said elsewhere that they expect the tigers to get decapitated on Thursday night, and if we bring that game I think that's a likely outcome.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:17 pm

There are two schools of thought. No dickheads vs players aren't robots and it takes all sorts to make a footy team.

Bucks is criticised for wanting everyone to be a cleanskin and be as dedicated and clean living as he was.

Do you want a footballer as talented as Martin or not. I do. Have no doubt Bucks would too.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I think we should stick with the 'no dickheads' policy.

As long as it doesn't extend to members. Razz Embarassed

You dickhead. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I resemble that remark. Embarassed

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:26 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:

So a bit of FIGJAM?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: