Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Schade: Smooth Operator

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

courtza wrote:
I was thinking he should have been dropped last week, glad I'm not the coach

Indeed, a few of us had him rested and replace by Dunne for the task on Franklin, who lucky for us didn't kick straight tonight.
Enter Schade into Magpie Folklore, as the first Pie to keep The Ego goalless.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:28 am

Had my doubts pre-game that he could match up on Franklin, but he did a terrific job.

He was my BOG along with Adams.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:58 am

He did well.

Franklin kicked 3 behinds and was a constant threat as always but Schade took the chocolates.

Boot 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:01 am

Buckley spoke about how Robert Harvey had done a great job in the lead up to this game in coaching the defensive ream on how to cope with buddy and how he was happy with Henry Schade. I was all for dropping Schade after the Richmod game but obviously the coaching panel like what he brings to the team. Schade is still very inexperienced and I think has limitations but maybe he will develop into our 2nd tall defender to support Ben
I thought Goldsack's experience strength & speed supplemented Schade well last night. His defensive toughness and ability to shut down talls is doing well this season however a couple of kick ins following Sydney behinds were howlers. I hope that Scharenberg will eventually deliver on his potential and become a regular defender to provide the equivalent in team structure to Hawthorn's Grant Birchell with elite disposal and decision making coming out of defense. I think that Josh Smith may be the player to make way for Scharenberg but Smith appears to be a favourite of Buckley. Maybe Scharenberg can be the 7th defender off the.onterchange bench?
I thought Maynard was terrific last night showing great endurance and regular ability to beat his opponent one-on-one be that opponent small with speed or tall with strength and his kicking was very good. Clearly Maynard is one project player who Buckley has persisted with for good reason. Maynard reminds me of Essendon's Dean Soloman but without the "mongrel" in him and more speed.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:51 am

Reminds me a lot of a more offensive/aggressive Prestigiacomo.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:11 am

I didn't think so. Buddy was starved of opportunities and was a little out of sorts but always looked like he had Schade's measure. Schade was also saved by a couple of great tackles from teammates and overall team defence. Not knocking the kid, Buddy has destroyed better defenders but I thought he got beaten pretty much every contest.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:58 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I didn't think so. Buddy was starved of opportunities and was a little out of sorts but always looked like he had Schade's measure. Schade was also saved by a couple of great tackles from teammates and overall team defence. Not knocking the kid, Buddy has destroyed better defenders but I thought he got beaten pretty much every contest.
but he worked hard enough to put Buddy of his game. Good defenders don't have to get the ball, their job is to stop the forwards, and he had the Goliath to contend with, give the kid his credit. Defence is also very much an area where team play comes into it, and as you noted, last night for first time in god knows how long. They looked like they had a plan, not leaving defence wide open at times. With Reid and Jack to contend with too, I thought the defence put in a mighty effort. I'd be checking sacks cornflakes, I want some, the old man has come out fighting. I've been super critical of our defence, take out those kicks across goal (a sin on my soul!) and the dreadful kick ins, (Presti where are you!) and the swans are down a good 30 points, and that will come with experience. Those cross goal shots cost three, and not doing them is a painful lesson that has to be learnt, they will remember that moment. Howe and Reid look to have found the company they need last night. The swans love to play in fast and tight, and low, and to find them wanting do close to goal was all you could ask for. They are the ones we have been letting though.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:11 am

Don't get me wrong, he did well and I've been generally impressed with his efforts. Wouldn't say he beat Buddy though.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:20 am

Beating Buddy can never be a one man show.

Henry certainly had some good support from the back six which is just as pleasing for me as saying Henry did it all off his own bat.

He was beaten on a couple of occasions but he never stops trying and that running intercept on the wing in the last 10 minutes was CRUCIAL.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:58 am

cant really remember decent 1 on 1 that he beat buddy with. its just the delivery up the field from the swans was limited and his other defenders came into assist.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:24 am

I wonder about the thinking that went behind Schade taking on Buddy - I was expecting Reid to go with him especially when he started roaming.

I was thinking that Buddy may have thought he was being 'undervalued' by having Schade on him - sort of "I'm a way better player than having a first year kid on me".

May have just put a bit of doubt in Buddy's mind and when Schade started doing all right maybe thinking "maybe I'm not as good as I think I am" and putting him off his game

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:19 pm

He's the Real Slim Schadey.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:27 pm

That's terrible, Cam. Just terrible.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Well if I'm wrong,

Will the real Slim Schadey please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Slim Schadey please stand up?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Impressive last night. Well done sunnies, the smooth operator. (looks like 3 Shaade threads)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: