Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Possession Kings but when will we see the benefit?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting we'll see the benefit on Thursday night. Go Pies!
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:24 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
BHPIE wrote:
To me its simple, by the time we have gone backwards and sideways and or over handballed that when we actually get in to the forward 50 the oppositions flooded and covered our fwds

We navigate around the boundary giving every player a chance to get back into our F50.

If we actually took the shortest route, we would see us getting so many more easy goals.

As much as people complain that it's our lack of marking big forward letting us down, coast to coast goals air usually kicked by small forwards / mids who run into space because of quick ball movement.

As I said, Bucks can't seem to move on from the press / boundary game plan that he helped perfect in 2010.

Seriously mate I wonder whether you have your eyes and ears painted on.
During the JLT is was very clearly that we had changed the game plan and used the corridor at every opportunity. All the experts made a point of this.

On Friday night we used the boundary because the corridor was being denied to us by the WB setup.

You have again exposed your ILL -INFORMED anti Buckley bias.

Frankly it's getting predictable and boring.

It laughable that you actually believe we are playing the same game plan as 2010 under MM.

Perhaps we extend Buckley's contract based on us never losing an intra club practise match and the fact that our structures during training a first class....because, you know......what we do it training and JLT games is what matters.

At least you've conceded you're mistake that there has been work on a new game plan - and you were wrong to label Buck with retaining the 2010 plan.

But just keep your heads in the sand, ignore any evidence of progress because it doesn't suit your agenda - just like you've tried above re pre-season and JLT.

Its very amusing - and again you've shown yourself to be out of touch and lacking in any credibility or insight in a post.

Lift your game sport.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:36 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
The worry is what will be the result if we don't win the Inside 50's and clearances like we did on Friday night. Either way, the next month will decide the coaches fate.

Seriously sport - were is your head at with a comment like the above.

The fact is we obliterated WB everywhere expect the score board - the fact that you make the inane comment above, just proves that you have no capacity for perspective while Bucks is in charge.

How about:
- we would have won if MM was coaching
- if only Cloke had stayed and was back to his 2010 best
- or if only the fountain of youth had been found to enable Didak, BJ, Tazza, Leon, Krak to still be playing.

All these are as irrelevant and nonsensical as your lament above - but far more creative.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm expecting we'll see the benefit on Thursday night. Go Pies!

I really hope so my friend or else we may need to shut this site down for a few weeks as it might well "break the internet"to use a parlance of our times Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:02 am

After watching the game tonight it reminded of another point I should have raised in my OP.

3.How is it that time and again when we actually construct a fast break situation from half back our player looks up only to find no options to kick to?

This wasn't a unique situation we witnessed tonight, it's a continuing problem over a few years and it's something that becomes only more visible when you're actually at the ground and can see the play unfolding unlike the narrow focus of television broadcast.

While I can accept this would happen sometimes just like sometimes you do see a benefit on the scoreboard in relation to a fast break or sling shot as some would call it but really does anyone believe a scoring shot eventuates anywhere near the amount of times we see our progress up the field come to a grinding halt because no one is there to kick to?

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:07 am

Modern football. Exciting, isn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: