Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now, it's over
38%
 38%  [ 60 ]
Sack him mid-season, we aren't at DEFCON 1 just yet
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Sack him end of season, give him a dignified exit as he warms the seat
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Decide end of season (still think he's the man)
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Decide end of season (he's lost me)
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Decide end of season (I genuinely don't know)
16%
 16%  [ 26 ]
Extend him now, he is The Chosen One!
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 156

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Some on this board have openly said on other threads that they think we may make the 8 yet still want Buckley sacked. Really?.

Making the 8 as a goal and baseline is a pretty low base or measure of success isn't it?

I remember hearing Bucks get up a members forum 3 years ago and saying by 2016/17 we will be challenging again. By his own measure, he has failed hasn't he?

I don't want to make the 8 this year because that would further delay the right and inevitable call to bottom out fully and start again with a new coach. We aren't going to challenge for a flag under Buckley, are we wasting time because the president hasn't got the gonads to sack him because he was his choice?

Last edited by MarkOSuv on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
E 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:20 am

thought we played pretty well against the premiers. If we could just forget the COX experiment and get another mobile forward up there, i reckon we are going to go just fine.

Bring in DeGoey, Elliot and Wells and take out Blair, Cox and (i don't know who else deserves to be dropped) and we will keep getting better.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:22 am

The only comment I'll make in this thread is to ask if those who want to sack Buckley keep their hysterical vitriol in this thread and don't pollute the rest of the board with it.

That's it, I'm out. have fun.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:29 am
Post subject: NoReply with quote

I have always supported the best man for the job approach. Nathan is a great coach. But football is a business. We have to win on the field . A loss to Ninethmond would have me reconsider whether he should remain as coach. Sorry Nathan but it's business. Eddie might have to go as well. Let's hope it doesn't get to this.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:41 am

stui magpie wrote:
The only comment I'll make in this thread is to ask if those who want to sack Buckley keep their hysterical vitriol in this thread and don't pollute the rest of the board with it.

Great point.

You guys now have a whole thread where you can gather and tell each other how much more about coaching you know that anyone else.

It's only fair that you don't infect every other thread with the same soapbox lecturing about the footy apocalypse. People can seek you out when they require your infinite wisdom.

One suggestion, maybe you should add a couple of keyboard hot keys so that you don't have to type the phrases 'sack Buckley' or 'accept mediocrity' over and over. Must get tiring.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:45 am

Not as much as losing over and over is...

Here, I'll test it for you guys.

'Sack Buckley' - 'Accept Mediocrity' - 'Sack Buckley' - 'Accept Mediocrity'

'Sack Buckley' - 'Accept Mediocrity' - 'Sack Buckley' - 'Accept Mediocrity'

Mine seems to be working fine.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:55 am

MarkOSuv wrote:
Some on this board have openly said on other threads that they think we may make the 8 yet still want Buckley sacked. Really?.

Making the 8 as a goal and baseline is a pretty low base or measure of success isn't it?

I remember hearing Bucks get up a members forum 3 years ago and saying by 2016/17 we will be challenging again. By his own measure, he has failed hasn't he?

I don't want to make the 8 this year because that would further delay the right and inevitable call to bottom out fully and start again with a new coach. We aren't going to challenge for a flag under Buckley, are we wasting time because the president hasn't got the gonads to sack him because he was his choice?

Nah, I want to win the premiership, nothing would make me happier than to see bud hold up that cup, but if it ain't happening, your dead right, I've said since about July last year when we started to show something, he gets 10 rounds. If it ain't happening, start looking.

Jpies 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:00 am

We literally lost to the reigning premiers, arguably the best team in the competition who have only become stronger with returning best 22 players, by two goals. In circumstances where at least 4 of our own best 22 are n/a (de goey, wells, aish, elliott) along with a bunch more fringe players who may have strengthened the team if they were better suited to a particular role (scharenberg, sinclair, langdon all injured or still building fitness).

What is Buckley supposed to do? Superglue Cox's hand so he doesn't drop a mark every time we go forward? Make Aish not get a virus? Force Blair not to stuff up? (arguably he shouldn't select him in the first place, but with the injuries above, he really had no choice).

To complain about a lack of a playing system in last night's game is simply laughable. We killed the dogs everywhere in clearances, possessions, forward 50 entries. What we couldn't do is a) take a mark in f50 and b) kick straight. Both are skill errors.

If there is a flaw in our game plan, it is our entry to the forward line. To me it looked a bit congested, and there are things that can be done to make it easier for our forwards to get a good run at it. But I am unconvinced that this is the main reason, until I see a forward line which isn't relying on players like Cox and Blair.
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:02 am

think positive wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

Nah, I want to win the premiership, nothing would make me happier than to see bud hold up that cup, but if it ain't happening, your dead right, I've said since about July last year when we started to show something, he gets 10 rounds. If it ain't happening, start looking.

I don't think it has ever looked like happening and will happen so we are merely biding time with him as the coach.

The same old problems exist, 10 goals conceded due to the defensive structures pressing too high and very iffy disposal that is too risky and gets exposed. He's had 5 years to work on these improvements but there are no signs they have improved or even look like improving.
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:07 am

Jpies wrote:
If there is a flaw in our game plan, it is our entry to the forward line.

Incorrect.

They just had Champion Data on SEN and showed last night that the Bulldogs scored 10 goals due to Collingwood's defensive press falling down and their players having greater numbers (sometimes free) in their forward 50. That is a structure issue and nothing to do with forward entry.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 am

MarkOSuv wrote:
Jpies wrote:

Incorrect.

They just had Champion Data on SEN and showed last night that the Bulldogs scored 10 goals due to Collingwood's defensive press falling down and their players having greater numbers (sometimes free) in their forward 50. That is a structure issue and nothing to do with forward entry.

Sorry mate but you've got that wrong - 10 SCORING shots, net 38 points.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:21 am

MarkOSuv wrote:
Buckley is coaching for his career next week against Richmond. If he starts 0 - 2, there is no coming back. Sydney in Sydney, Saints in Etihad. He will be 0 - 4.

The media will smell his sacking.

As for last night, you swap Beveridge with Buckley and Collingwood win last night. 20 extra inside 50's, 20 extra clearances.

9 times of 10 you win with that dominance. And it isn't because of bad kicking.

Some more numbers for you.
- 810: total games for Boyd, Murphy and Morris
- 39: total games for Cox and Moore

----------
------------
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:22 am

MarkOSuv wrote:
Jpies wrote:

Incorrect.

I thought it was 8 by the naked eye.
So 10 it was.
we pick 3 big guys up forward.
they congest our forward line
they get it over the top.
they score 10 goals this way.
Have you seen it before.
Yep Yep Yep.
Remember our constant zoning of the past.
Good sides just carved us up.
good sides just look at our past strategies and plan accordingly
Might be good if we mix things up
But no, it is process, process, process.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:26 am

thompsoc wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Jpies wrote:

Incorrect.

I thought it was 8 by the naked eye.
So 10 it was.
we pick 3 big guys up forward.
they congest our forward line
they get it over the top.
they score 10 goals this way.
Have you seen it before.
Yep Yep Yep.
Remember our constant zoning of the past.
Good sides just carved us up.
good sides just look at our past strategies and plan accordingly
Might be good if we mix things up
But no, it is process, process, process.

LOL - 3 talls caused the over the top goals.
You're still feeling the effects of last nights slab
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:27 am

Redlight wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Great point.

You guys now have a whole thread where you can gather and tell each other how much more about coaching you know that anyone else.

It's only fair that you don't infect every other thread with the same soapbox lecturing about the footy apocalypse. People can seek you out when they require your infinite wisdom.

One suggestion, maybe you should add a couple of keyboard hot keys so that you don't have to type the phrases 'sack Buckley' or 'accept mediocrity' over and over. Must get tiring.

Come to the dark side Redlight!
I am waiting and waiting for you!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100   

Jump to: