Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now, it's over
38%
 38%  [ 60 ]
Sack him mid-season, we aren't at DEFCON 1 just yet
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Sack him end of season, give him a dignified exit as he warms the seat
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Decide end of season (still think he's the man)
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Decide end of season (he's lost me)
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Decide end of season (I genuinely don't know)
16%
 16%  [ 26 ]
Extend him now, he is The Chosen One!
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 156

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
We kick another goal today and we are sitting 6th. This thread gets no air. All of a sudden, we lose, the people who claim they support us, take glee in our loss, and unlike the last 3 weeks - they get the opportunity for cheap shots at the coach.
We didn't get smashed - it could have gone either way. Neither the Melbourne nor Collingwood coach could have affected the result by that slim margin.

The players are improving at an acceptable rate, they are playing for the coach and his staff - no doubt about it.

My judgement of Bux is not dependent on today's game.
It is about the last 6 years.
Yes, there has been improvement this year.
But we sold off a half a flag side for this side!
And posters like you seem to think that making the 8 is a Bux miracle!
Christ nearly half the teams get in the 8 at anyone time.
We haven't been there for yonks and when we do make it eventually posters like you will claim the crowing rights..
Making the 8 is only one criteria for me.
Bux has been a dud up until now.
I said at the start of the year we should make position 6 on the ladder this year given the list.
So we are sitting 5 / 7 which is a under achievement.
Exactly where Bux has taken us in the last 6 years.

Last edited by thompsoc on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm

We kick another goal today and we are sitting 6th. This thread gets no air. All of a sudden, we lose, the people who claim they support us, take glee in our loss, and unlike the last 3 weeks - they get the opportunity for cheap shots at the coach.
We didn't get smashed - it could have gone either way. Neither the Melbourne nor Collingwood coach could have affected the result by that slim margin.

The players are improving at an acceptable rate, they are playing for the coach and his staff - no doubt about it.

With the talent difference between the 2 sides and how much better we were in the 1st half, that should never have been a close loss but a comfortable win.

Buckley was completely outcoached after half time and couldn't get us back on top, a poor effort and typical of him being unable to change during a game.

Where the coaching clearly lets us down is how often they try and handball and **** it up and our pathetic backwards play which usually ends up in a goal to the opposition. We take a mark and instead of assessing the options they have to handball to a team mate under pressure!

Playing a key forward would also be handy when games get tight, how many close losses because we kick to a pack in the last qtr and no one big and strong to mark it?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:48 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

With the talent difference between the 2 sides and how much better we were in the 1st half, that should never have been a close loss but a comfortable win.

Buckley was completely outcoached after half time and couldn't get us back on top, a poor effort and typical of him being unable to change during a game.

Where the coaching clearly lets us down is how often they try and handball and **** it up and our pathetic backwards play which usually ends up in a goal to the opposition. We take a mark and instead of assessing the options they have to handball to a team mate under pressure!

Playing a key forward would also be handy when games get tight, how many close losses because we kick to a pack in the last qtr and no one big and strong to mark it?

Moore was plonked there in the last quarter, but he had spent the first three quarters helping out Grundy in the ruck. There's only so much he can do. Cox or White helping him out would have made all the difference in the last quarter. Obviously we need to draft another key tall forward to assist Moore. When that happens our forward line will function much better.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Like what Bucks is saying on Footy Classified. But can somebody ask him why we don't have any tall forwards?
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Bucks is a top media performer
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:37 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:

Would have been great if he kept his media job 6 years ago.
He maybe good as a media performer because he sure aint much of a coach up until this point.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm

thompsoc wrote:

We haven't been there for yonks and when we do make it eventually posters like you will claim the crowing rights..
I said at the start of the year we should make position 6 on the ladder this year given the list.

I get the frustration but apart from Shaw, I can't think of one player we sold off who was much chop anywhere else. That side was in a sweet spot and it ripened and fell off the tree quickly.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:50 pm

it doesn't matter if any sold off player was much chop.
We sold off a lot of players and got picks for them.
We traded out a good hand for this one.
We should be up there given what we have done.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:52 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:

Can't knock his playing days.
Can't knock his media performance.
Coaching still an issue.
AND this just might be an interview (lasting 2 weeks) for a gig next year.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 pm

There is no way Bucks is going to be sacked. When was the last time a coach was sacked whom:
a) the players love and clearly play for;
b) the side is competitive every week, bar a couple of close losses we would be top 4.

Coaches get sacked when their team is losing by 10 plus goals on a fairly consistent basis.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
There is no way Bucks is going to be sacked. When was the last time a coach was sacked whom:
b) the side is competitive every week, bar a couple of close losses we would be top 4.

Coaches get sacked when their team is losing by 10 plus goals on a fairly consistent basis.

He hasn't got a contract for 2018 and beyond.
The players don't love him.
Most respect him but they are not besotted by him.
I am sure Ed would give him an extension if he just makes it into the 8.
I personally can't stand the situation.

Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Obviously our forward structure doesn't allow us to bomb long or allow the long outlet kick when our players are under extreme pressure. However that is the bed we have made up and now we have to sleep in it until we develop another key forward and get 100 games into him.

The breakout will be when we start beating teams around us well and start pushing into the top bracket. Today at half time we looked the goods but that dreaded consistency killed us again.

Still would like a coach to have a Plan B when Plan A is not working or the opposition gain momentum.

This is correct. We struggle when the long ball goes inside 50. We have forwards that can't hold marks and the ball easily leaves our fed half too often.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:

Spot on. The senior team is giving it's members value for money by way of effort, consistency, competitiveness and entertainment (playing attractive, attacking, hard running footy). Every week we know we are more than just a chance to win. We haven't won as many as we would have liked, but its a tough caper. Every team has lost games they would have liked to have won.

Thomsoc goes on about 6 years this and 6 years that. I'm not living in the past, not concerned about 6 years ago. I like what I see now and I am very positive about the future. Bucks is absolutely the right man for the job.

Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 pm

thompsoc wrote:

So true looks at the whole time Bucks has coached no consistency we show glimpses year upon year. In 6 years we should be ahead of the teams around us not struggling. Other clubs have gone past usin the time we have given Buckley. I just don't see the improvement in the team to offer a new contract. We are too soft at board level and too scared to make the tough decisions that will benefit the club.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 pm

We have a president who has nailed his colours to the Coach.
A completely dumb way of doing business.
I have been a vocal critic of the culture of power at Pieland for decades.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100   

Jump to: