Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now, it's over
38%
 38%  [ 60 ]
Sack him mid-season, we aren't at DEFCON 1 just yet
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Sack him end of season, give him a dignified exit as he warms the seat
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Decide end of season (still think he's the man)
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Decide end of season (he's lost me)
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Decide end of season (I genuinely don't know)
16%
 16%  [ 26 ]
Extend him now, he is The Chosen One!
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 156

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgia wrote:
Buckley is 63rd on the list of games coached and 19th on the list of games coached without making a grand final. In six seasons he will have coached the most games without making a grand final and we will still be paying the next set of 32 year olds with four year contracts who were recruited so that we could make the eight.

Those that say let's keep him because he will get better etc are accepting mediocre performance. A good coach is a good coach and generally, like Beverage, they have vision from day one.

I was at the G today watching us beat Brisbane and was uninspired yet again, we won but it wasn't fast flowing exciting football. I thought that after the second half against the hawks Buckley might have realised what style we should play but alas I was wrong.

Anyway by the end of the season he will be 9th in games coached with no grand final and 5th in most games coached without multiple finals wins.

Uurggghhh , it's really a no brainer.

I couldn't agree more with you, but according to presti35 we're going to win our next 17 games, so you never know.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Like I said a lot of noise has come out of the club with little results.

2 massive 8 point games coming up against Freo and Melbourne will shape our season.

Next 2 weeks will show us where Bucks and our club really stands.

If we get all 16 points we could be on top of the ladder at the bye Cool

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:31 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
What rubbish, no coach in history has a 100% winning percentage so not sure why you're bothering raising last week.

It's no fluke Clarkson has won 4 flags, Longmire yet to miss finals, Beveridge being named coach of the year twice or C.Scott having a 75% winning percentage with a list with as many premiership players remaining as Collingwood.

Good coaches get the best out of there team more often than not.

Poor coaches don't.

Simple.

Rubbish or not, Swoop, Clarkson doesn't look such a genius now as he did three years ago. Nor does Lyon. How do you explain that ?

Longmire is a different case because Sydney have such a financially-tilted playing field, and such a big home ground advantage, that they bloody well should make finals every year.

This argument that hawthorn has finally gone down hill and the coach doesn't look that flash is just plain wrong.
4 flags in 10 years and we got 4 flags in 80 years!
What an amazing result for the Hawks.
When Clarko fails for 10 years in a row then I might start to question him.
But it maybe I will question him after the next 20 years.
I was thinking the other day that the hawks have won 13 flags in the last 60 years and we have won 2.
Yep just 2.
Most punters would say we win a flag every 20 years or so.
So to make it to 13 flags in the modern era then it would take us another 220 years to catch up with the mongrels.
So we may get on par with them by the year 2237!!!!!
And that is based on one premise.
That they won't win another flag in that time.
It makes me sick thinking about how great hawthorn have been.
And yet we get these remarks about the hawks decline.
Clarko will be always a better coach than Bux.
Bux has done not one thing in 6 years.
He may turn it around but I doubt it.

Yep, of course Clarko is a great coach.
My only problem is, if you are going to continue to measure everyone against the benchmark, then 17 other clubs don't look as good either, not just Collingwood.
Let's not talk post war. It became a different game in 1986 when the draft was introduced. 2 flags since then is ok, not great but ok.
Having said that, I wouldn't think that Bucks will be the coach of our third one either.
Georgia 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:43 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Georgia wrote:
Buckley is 63rd on the list of games coached and 19th on the list of games coached without making a grand final. In six seasons he will have coached the most games without making a grand final and we will still be paying the next set of 32 year olds with four year contracts who were recruited so that we could make the eight.

Those that say let's keep him because he will get better etc are accepting mediocre performance. A good coach is a good coach and generally, like Beverage, they have vision from day one.

I was at the G today watching us beat Brisbane and was uninspired yet again, we won but it wasn't fast flowing exciting football. I thought that after the second half against the hawks Buckley might have realised what style we should play but alas I was wrong.

Anyway by the end of the season he will be 9th in games coached with no grand final and 5th in most games coached without multiple finals wins.

I couldn't agree more with you, but according to presti35 we're going to win our next 17 games, so you never know.

I'm barracking for Presti35 from here on in cause I love optimists

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Georgia wrote:
Georgia wrote:

What about Damian Hardwick. He has been at Richmond (Currently in his 8th season) and is yet to win a final.

Buckley won a final in his first season in (2012) when we defeated West Coast in the Semi Final.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Georgia wrote:

Fast flowing exciting football when it's raining? Your joking aren't you?

Georgia 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:38 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
Georgia wrote:
Georgia wrote:

What about Damian Hardwick. He has been at Richmond (Currently in his 8th season) and is yet to win a final.

Buckley won a final in his first season in (2012) when we defeated West Coast in the Semi Final.

True Hardwick hasn't won a final yet nor made a grand final and Brad Scott hasn't made a grand final and both have coached more games than Buckley. Both however have had seasons with more wins and a higher finish than at least one of their previous seasons. i'm devo that Buckley hasn't. I supported the handover and really wished he had of succeeded .

Georgia 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Georgia wrote:

Fast flowing exciting football when it's raining? Your joking aren't you?

I just want to see some semblance of a n exciting and consistent game plan.... I want to enjoy watching us play more often than once every few weeks..... I am proud of the team for playing hard football and winning contested ball but that really isn't a game style...... I know it was raining today for a bit but that probably means that we should have gone forward more often than we did. The need of the third quarter was backwards, sideways, boring football...

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Skids wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Like I said a lot of noise has come out of the club with little results.

2 massive 8 point games coming up against Freo and Melbourne will shape our season.

Next 2 weeks will show us where Bucks and our club really stands.

If we get all 16 points we could be on top of the ladder at the bye Cool

I like the way you think Skids; if these trends continue...heeeyyyyyyy

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Georgia wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:
Georgia wrote:
Georgia wrote:

True Hardwick hasn't won a final yet nor made a grand final and Brad Scott hasn't made a grand final and both have coached more games than Buckley. Both however have had seasons with more wins and a higher finish than at least one of their previous seasons. i'm devo that Buckley hasn't. I supported the handover and really wished he had of succeeded .

Richmond made the finals in 2013 to 2015 and yet still could not even win a final. He even lost to the 9th team Carlton in 2013.

Yes we have missed the finals in the last 3 years (which has been disappointed) but wouldn't u think that there should be more pressure on him to deliver.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Beat the Dockers, in Perth, and this thread might start looking a tad silly.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Beat the Dockers, in Perth, and this thread might start looking a tad silly.

Agreed, 5-6 should be enough for a two year contract extension at least......

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Miss the finals again and he must go. He doesn't even look close to winning anything, other than maybe a wooden spoon.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Like all Magpie supporters I'm terribly disappointed that we've had very poor results for the past few years. In terms of results alone, it's hard not to agree with those who think we need a new coach. However, I'm of the view that there are a whole range of factors which impact on a team's performance, including first and foremost, the quality of the players. As well there is the stability of the football department. In regards the first issue, I think we suffered in recent years due to the early and rapid decline of Travis Cloke, the chronic injuries to Reid and our absence (until this year) of a dominant ruckman. In addition, the revolving door of our Director of Football position has been disastrous. Despite all that, I genuinely feel that Bucks has got better and better as a coach and the competitiveness of our team each week demonstrates they are on side with him. Finally, I really only think that a coach should be moved on when the team is being regularly spanked and the players no longer believe. On that score, history would suggest it was wrong of Eddie to replace MM when he did. However, that is now ancient history. The point is, we are playing very competitive football, we are improving week by week, and if we had only kicked more accurately we would be sitting near the top 4 right now. I still think we can make the 8, but regardless of where we finish, while the players keep giving their all and trying to implement Bucks' game plan each week, then I firmly believe we should stick with Bucks. I'm not persuaded by arguments from outsiders and amateurs (like me) about the supposed faults of Bucks gameplan. There isno one way to win games of footy. The most important thing is that the strategy of the coach is embraced and implemented by the players. On that score, I'm convinced the players are in sync with the coach, and that's good enough for me. The results, this year, next year or the one after that, will look after themselves.
Georgia 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
Georgia wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:
Georgia wrote:
Georgia wrote:

Richmond made the finals in 2013 to 2015 and yet still could not even win a final. He even lost to the 9th team Carlton in 2013.

Yes we have missed the finals in the last 3 years (which has been disappointed) but wouldn't u think that there should be more pressure on him to deliver.

Personally I wish Hardwick would coach every other club with no pressure to deliver.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 91 of 100   

Jump to: