Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now, it's over
38%
 38%  [ 60 ]
Sack him mid-season, we aren't at DEFCON 1 just yet
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Sack him end of season, give him a dignified exit as he warms the seat
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Decide end of season (still think he's the man)
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Decide end of season (he's lost me)
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Decide end of season (I genuinely don't know)
16%
 16%  [ 26 ]
Extend him now, he is The Chosen One!
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 156

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
Tonight proves he should be sacked tomorrow and whichever assistant took over at half time can have the job!

look much better playing direct but it doesnt seem to be the first plan?

I would suggest that playing direct is the preferred game plan eddiesmith. It just takes some of the players a while to get it in motion. Very Happy When the likes of Sidey, Treloar, Crisp and De Goey suddenly realize that they have to apply themselves and do some gut-busting work, then the game plan suddenly swings into action.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:49 am

Redlight wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
But lets be honest, this is the one we're hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M02bAWDFkI

'Hate to say I told you so' - 'tick, tick, boom'.

While most of the magpie army were in pain you were loving every second.

You've been exposed. Yet again.

Nope its been YEAAAAAAARS of pain. But I stand by my words, Buckley should be _Sacked_ (note how I underscored that)

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:12 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Jezza wrote:
De Goey, Elliott, Greenwood, Sinclair and Wells are all on the injury list.

It has to end. We can't beat top 4 teams. We can't even compete against top 4 teams. Find someone that can

You quite sure about that?

So far in 2017 we've beaten last years Minor Prems, last years 2nd, last years 3rd, & last years 4th (who we beat last year) were very lucky to escape with a "goal-on-the-siren" 3 point win. We also did very well against last years Prems.
and beat the undefeated top placed Geelong who were top 4 last year
Can't beat top 4 sides? Actually it's bottom 4 mobs we need to worry about!

Tonight was a fabulous win, but what it demonstrated in stark detail is that Buckley, whatever you think of him, just isn't a match day coach. He appears to be good at taking training, and someone there is extremely good at bringing young players, and new players , on. However on match day he has no answers. Far too often his solution to a player getting badly beaten is to leave the player where he is. Tonight's win was simply a matter of ignoring the game plan after 1/4 time. We returned to the plan briefly at the start of the last, but fortunately went back to the style which wins us games. Direct, free-flowing play, using the corridor when possible, kicking long to a contest rather than handballing to a man under pressure. When we do this we seem more confident, and play a much harder, more desperate game, displaying the kind of pressure that made us the top side in 2010-11. What we've shown this year is not far from bi-polar footy. We are either brilliant, fiddly, or simply absent (see Carlton game). It's possible we will win enough games to snag 8th, or pick up a third spoon, but if we brought a new coach in NOW, we will finish top 4 & give the best sides a damn good run. I know this like I know my dog's name. Quite simply, very nearly no one, either here or in the footy world, has the faintest idea how good we are. or how good we could be. At our best we aren't much different to the 2011 side which was our best ever, and broke records weekly. Then again, unlike most, I believe the Minor premiership is the true indicator of the years best side. Grand finals are very unusual games which can go any way, often because of weather, injuries, breaks, or other factors.

Nice win though, I've already watched it twice, (the 1st qtr 3 times). Amazing that it doesn’t make beating Brizzo more or less likely. But there it is.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
If he had a shred of decency and respect for the Club he would resign tonight, there is no point continuing this farce any longer

You're looking for this link Crackerjack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGtBZX32I0

Well, tonight didn't work out as you two hoped, did it eh. Razz Razz

I stand by my words; he should go and that right swiftly

Whatever, Hardwick still lives on at tigerland though, go figure. Surprised

Are you suggesting Richmonds start has been on par with ours?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 am

At quarter time everyone was questioning the coach, even himself. For those who say they weren't, I call bulltish. What transpired at the quarter time break and the half was inspiring as well as annoying. Where has that intensity been all year? Buckley deserves all the plaudits along with the players after the game. In saying that we are just as likely to play shit against the Bears next week as has been our form this year.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am

I just wonder why when we are playing poorly and just can't get our hands on it, miss targets - at will, show little intensity, and generally appear to be slow to act; that is when we are following the game plan.

Yet... when we are playing free flowing instinctive, moving the ball on quickly footy and just generally running to be the first to the contest; that is not the game plan.

Do the players just make it up on the spot?

Yes that appears to be sound logic, that must be it.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Nah I think it's all to do with the coaching panel. There never seems to be a distinct game plan when we start games. Why do we have to wait until
our backs are against the wall to have this play on at all costs mentality.

Why can't we attempt this footy/mentality each week. If l hear people say we are a young team I'll spew. MM had a clear plan and a young team delivered in 2010 others like the Bulldogs showed what can be achieved with clear direction.

If l hear Bucks say "we need to be more consistent" 1 more time in his presser.......FFS he has been saying it since 2014.

Last edited by Johnno75 on Mon May 22, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Just keep talking to me as long as you can.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:09 pm

I loved the passion he showed at the quarter time huddle. Perhaps he does this indoors, but I can't recall him doing that in public (well, except once with Jarryd Witts). I really sensed that this lifted them. Perhaps he should show this more often. These are young men who may not always understand his zen-like calm.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 pm

35forever wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Jezza wrote:

It has to end. We can't beat top 4 teams. We can't even compete against top 4 teams. Find someone that can

So far in 2017 we've beaten last years Minor Prems, last years 2nd, last years 3rd, & last years 4th (who we beat last year) were very lucky to escape with a "goal-on-the-siren" 3 point win. We also did very well against last years Prems.

Tonight was a fabulous win, but what it demonstrated in stark detail is that Buckley, whatever you think of him, just isn't a match day coach. He appears to be good at taking training, and someone there is extremely good at bringing young players, and new players , on. However on match day he has no answers. Far too often his solution to a player getting badly beaten is to leave the player where he is. Tonight's win was simply a matter of ignoring the game plan after 1/4 time. We returned to the plan briefly at the start of the last, but fortunately went back to the style which wins us games. Direct, free-flowing play, using the corridor when possible, kicking long to a contest rather than handballing to a man under pressure. When we do this we seem more confident, and play a much harder, more desperate game, displaying the kind of pressure that made us the top side in 2010-11. What we've shown this year is not far from bi-polar footy. We are either brilliant, fiddly, or simply absent (see Carlton game). It's possible we will win enough games to snag 8th, or pick up a third spoon, but if we brought a new coach in NOW, we will finish top 4 & give the best sides a damn good run. I know this like I know my dog's name. Quite simply, very nearly no one, either here or in the footy world, has the faintest idea how good we are. or how good we could be. At our best we aren't much different to the 2011 side which was our best ever, and broke records weekly. Then again, unlike most, I believe the Minor premiership is the true indicator of the years best side. Grand finals are very unusual games which can go any way, often because of weather, injuries, breaks, or other factors.

Nice win though, I've already watched it twice, (the 1st qtr 3 times). Amazing that it doesn’t make beating Brizzo more or less likely. But there it is.
i

You watched the first quarter three times??? You really are a sadist. Lol

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Mugwump wrote:
I loved the passion he showed at the quarter time huddle. Perhaps he does this indoors, but I can't recall him doing that in public (well, except once with Jarryd Witts). I really sensed that this lifted them. Perhaps he should show this more often. These are young men who may not always understand his zen-like calm.

I didn't think it worked though. The team looked like it was treading water in the second quarter. The real change to me occurred in the third quarter. I'd like to know what was said behind closed doors in the half time break, because the players played liked they feared for their playing careers in the second half. Obviously whatever was said to the playing group worked because we won, but the worry for me is that the players shouldn't be playing "scared" football. They should be enjoying their football. You can't sustain a football team that way.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 pm

I thought the turnaround started in the second, but it built in the third. And Blair is quoted today as saying that the first quarter rev made a difference, because they were complacent after last week's performance against the giants. Who knows ? But it was good to see the passion, anyway.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Only the Shadow knows.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:54 pm

35forever wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Jezza wrote:

'Sack the coach NOW and we finish top four' this guy is the gift that keeps on giving 😂 What's your dog's name man?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
If he had a shred of decency and respect for the Club he would resign tonight, there is no point continuing this farce any longer

You're looking for this link Crackerjack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGtBZX32I0

Well, tonight didn't work out as you two hoped, did it eh. Razz Razz

I stand by my words; he should go and that right swiftly

Whatever, Hardwick still lives on at tigerland though, go figure. Surprised

Are you suggesting Richmonds start has been on par with ours?

Worse actually, poor Mick Molloy looked like he was going to commit hari kari post that latest fiasco loss of theirs. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 87 of 100   

Jump to: