Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The (ahem) Boys Did Me Proud To Beat The Yids-WKB please rea

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:36 pm
Post subject: The (ahem) Boys Did Me Proud To Beat The Yids-WKB please reaReply with quote

WKB,
Yeah mate it's that time of year again the masters tournament for old(er) players.

I watched it on TV this morning & in the southern area matches Arsenal looked to be taking it rather seriously with a star studded line up that included Ian Wright,Perry Groves,Martin Hayes,Anders Limpar,Liam Brady(God),Chris Whyte,Steve Williams,Paul Davis,Brian Talbot & Kenny Sansom as manager.
Well in the first game Wright started off like a headless chicken swinging & missing & taking out defenders but then he clicked & scored one & we beat Southampton.

Then it was the yids & before the game Kenny Sansom was interviewed & said that he was going to send out one of the players with sol Campbell on his back-well when this news was relayed to Wrighty he went mad saying yeah let me do it, i'd love that to wind that lot up.Then he said how sol had made a great move & then he said the reason everyone got on at Arsenal is because we're winners & that's how we've been brought up & they don't like it.
Well I was in stitches, this is for some old fogeys fun tournament & Wrighty was wound up like a Swiss watch as if it was the World cup.Well needless to say after the Yiddos took the lead we dealt them a lesson & ran out 2-1 winners.The Yids finishing bottom of the group.Unfortunatley we went on to lose to West Ham in the southern final.Wright was magnificent though scoring about 6 goals in all.

In the north west group Liverpool, Everton,Man City, Man U were in the same group & Man U spanked Everton 5-0 whilst Liverpool humbled city 7-2.I think they botht drew against their neighbours & Liverpool beat Man U 1-0 but there was a final with the top 2 sides Man U & Liverpool again & Liverpool beat them again 4-2 this time to progress to the finals with West Ham.
I've gotta say it's great stuff & there was bit of niggle between southampton & spurs when Spurs goalie Tony Parks did something a bit naughty to Jimmy Case it nearly went off.I can't help thinking that 20 years ago Jimmy Case would probably have broken TPs legs but he must be about 50 now.

So there we are WKB my old mucker same Old Arsenal taking the piss & beating the Yids 2-1 after they took the lead.(just like the 1987 League Cup semi finals-oh memeories memories)

I'm off to Arsenal West Ham today but I've got to keep my gob shut (difficult) as I'm gonna be amongst the WH season ticket holders.Let's hope my cover doesn't get blown as I don't like hospital food.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bummer isn't it getting the only good team left in the semis whilst there's 3 crappy teams in the other one.
It's a double bummer when that side is your bogey team, but it has to be said that the Yiddos are looking pretty good.Strongish at the back with an ability to score up front, the worst thing is that sicknote is making his customary play for inclusion in an England squad at a major champioships-which doesn't please me.

There was a lot of booing when it was announced that 'Sir Les' had got the 10,000th goal, even the bloke on the tannoy said '...it's bad news...'I like West Ham cos they hate Tottenham nearly as much as we do-LOL.

As for the game well i did manage to stay incognito throughout, thankfully but we turned up a couple of minute's late after a trip to the pub & just as I was getting to my seat (& still standing) the chant went up 'Stand up if you hate Arsenal' so everyone satnds up & I felt it might be a bit innappropriate of me at this moment to sit down so i had to stay standing with my mates grinning at me.It was a pretty good game, both teams looked ok, Joe Cole is playing in centre midfield now for WH & he's looking good, he's finally living upi to all the hype & he's gotta be a chance for the WC.
Arsenal hit the bar twice, once form Dennis & the other from Grimandi.Grimandi! I hear you say, yeh he was playing due to injuries to Parlour & Llundberg & really I think if we'd played someone decent instead of him we'd have won.It just makes the side too defensive when he's there in midfield next to Viera.

At one point my mate said to me 'who's that no23 for Arsenal', & after a little look I said 'That's Sol Campbell' & he said'Oh shit I still can't get used to him playing for Arsenal' & then we had a little laugh at how it pissed the Yids off-LOL.You'll be pleased to know that he's looking good now, strong & sure of himself & indeed the whole Arsenal defence looked pretty good.

Anyway as for Spurs being a big club or not it's all due to perception & from my perspective they're not but from the perspective of Chelsea(who are 2nd rate themselves) they are so hopefully that means that Chelsea will do well aginst you.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 10:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it has to be said this is the best Tottenham side for about 10 years.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: