Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Three man leadership group announced (Pendles, Adams, Sidey)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:45 am
Post subject: Three man leadership group announced (Pendles, Adams, Sidey)Reply with quote

The club this morning unveiled the leadership group for season 2017.

Captain - Scott Pendlebury

Vice Captains - Steele Sidebottom, Taylor Adams

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-03-14/midfield-to-lead-the-way-in-2017

Quote:
Scott Pendlebury will again lead from the front in 2017 after being named Collingwood captain for a fourth consecutive season.

He is joined by vice-captains Taylor Adams and Steele Sidebottom in a streamlined three-man leadership group.

The midfielders were selected by their peers, a decision supported by the football executive and ratified by the Collingwood Football Club board.

The unanimous vote brings together a trio with 474 games experience between them and represent all ages of the group at 29, 26 and 23 years respectively.

Pendlebury is the five-time Copeland Trophy winner who also has five All Australian honours and a premiership to his name.

Sidebottom brings three years of experience in the leadership group, in addition to placing in the Copeland Trophy’s top five for five consecutive years.

Adams is the youngest of the three, but comes with a tough-edge and the respect of the entire playing group. The 23-year-old entered the Collingwood leadership group last year in just his second season at the club.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected, sensible.

A question: Has Sidey been AA? He's now 26, time to put the foot down and make a bigger impact.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Sidey is top footballer but frustrating how he does not utilise his skills enough

But would,nt not want him in the 22

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm

didick wrote:
As expected, sensible.

A question: Has Sidey been AA? He's now 26, time to put the foot down and make a bigger impact.

Answer no hasn't been a AA or been nominated.
He's in his prime now with over 160 games time for him to show the standard many believe he has but doesn't live up to more often than not
mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:52 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
didick wrote:
As expected, sensible.

He's in his prime now with over 160 games time for him to show the standard many believe he has but doesn't live up to more often than not

To be fair, Steele is a big game player, as in finals and grand finals.

The problem for Steele is since that prelim in 2012 he (and we) have only played in one final.

Not many chances to show what he can do.

I do like that he is going to spend more time forward though in 2017. Let some of the youngsters get more time on the ball and also he will be a major headache for any defender.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Like him in forward line too!!!
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 pm

mattys123 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
didick wrote:
As expected, sensible.

The problem for Steele is since that prelim in 2012 he (and we) have only played in one final.

I do like that he is going to spend more time forward though in 2017. Let some of the youngsters get more time on the ball and also he will be a major headache for any defender.

Thanks Matty. I disagree somewhat about Steele only being fairly judged on finals/big games. We aint getting to finals unless players can bring their best to the H&A season! He plays a lot of games during the year to influence them and show his best, but we don't see it enough. Maybe this year if he does play forward more often that will take him to the next level.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:30 pm

mattys123 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
didick wrote:
As expected, sensible.

Agree Matty been saying it for ages he's a small forward more so than a midfielder.
I never understood why we drafted a guy who kicked 10 goals in a TAC final and then play him away from goal.
Anyways we need to see those finals type games in the H&A season to give us a chance to make the finals.
Here's hoping it works well
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Sidey is a consistently good player. His ability to run all day is pretty amazing and is a great asset for our team. His problem imo has been that his flexibility means he has been used all over the ground to plug holes. This year, hopefully he'll get to spend more time up forward, where he is most suited, and the results will flow.

On the leadership question, I'm kind of surprised that Treloar didn't get a VC spot. Still, they can't all get in there. No-one can question the leaders named. All good leaders. Adams will be our next captain in 2 yrs time with Treloar and Moore the VCs.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Maybe not a desinated leader but I was very impressed with Phillips

All three games with most possesions --led by example in lead ups to main season

Fact the more leaders (who do it by encouraging talk or deeds) is good

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Puts an awful lot of responsibility on the shoulders of our three leaders. Important that all three play the majority of games this season and if any one is injured, I hope we have other players who step in on the field and assume leadership responsibilities to take their place.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Totally agree with Rudie on this score. Treloar will be in leadership along with Moore after Pendles steps down. Got some great quality coming through.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:48 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Puts an awful lot of responsibility on the shoulders of our three leaders. Important that all three play the majority of games this season and if any one is injured, I hope we have other players who step in on the field and assume leadership responsibilities to take their place.

And to think that last year we had Brown and Caff in our leadership group....with both struggling at times for senior games. Our list is much stronger this year.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:38 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
didick wrote:
As expected, sensible.

Agree Matty been saying it for ages he's a small forward more so than a midfielder.
I never understood why we drafted a guy who kicked 10 goals in a TAC final and then play him away from goal.
Anyways we need to see those finals type games in the H&A season to give us a chance to make the finals.
Here's hoping it works well

maybe because he kicked those goals playing midfield, not forward?

in his career with the Pies he averages 0.8 goals per game and 0.5 behinds per game. (same as blair)

I suppose that's not bad for a midfielder when you consider our key Forward for the last decade, Travis, only averaged 1.8 goals and 1.5 behinds per game

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Happy with this. Just the 3 guys.

1 Captain and 2 Vice-Captains. Perfect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: