Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Practice Match #1 - Collingwood vs Geelong at Olympic Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to win, even if it's only a practice match.

Anyone attend the match?

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Saw the second half apparently Sier Kirby Brown and someone else played the first half only
broomy The Berg, Keefe J Thomas I think played the whole game lots of players with numbers over 46
Take sways for me is that Lynch had a presence both in the ruck and forward Good that The Berg and Broomy played it out
I noticed MCarthy and MackieI am new at this) but my take away is that McLarty still has puppy fat but he jumps at the ball in the air and has good hands took a couple of really strong marks especially in the last quarter
Apparently there is another game on Friday night at the Holden centre
I hope Broomy The Berg Keefe Jthomas all play
Langdon was hobbling with a heavily strapped right ankle, J Elliott was there but only watching
Pushing for senior selection Broomy Keefe I think the Berg just need to play games to get some confidence so not in the AFL
But I like McLarty and Lynch and have always been a Broomy fan
Hope this helps

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Oh and the 50 metres paid to Jthomas was a shocking piece of over umpiring
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
the good news is, our good friend Dave The Man has agreed to swing into the breach and provide updates on the VFL today. Any questions, direct them to him.

We're counting on you Dave, so don't let us down! Smile

Awesome job Dave. Wink

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:14 pm

The Average Tourist wrote:
Oh and the 50 metres paid to Jthomas was a shocking piece of over umpiring

Shush... Wink

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Presti35 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
the good news is, our good friend Dave The Man has agreed to swing into the breach and provide updates on the VFL today. Any questions, direct them to him.

We're counting on you Dave, so don't let us down! Smile

Awesome job Dave. Wink

He lost his password and couldn't get into his account.

Nevertheless, it was a major fail on his first test and the retribution from the High Council of ModGods will be swift and brutal.

What do you fancy, Dave? Regular, or extra crispy? Here's a hint: I'm not talking about fried chicken... Wink

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:35 pm

My take from what I've read on various sites:

8. Tom Langdon - Cant find much on him. Seems he played the full game but looked slow. Received a minor leg injury and was tapped up.

12. Matthew Scharenberg - Played the full match and looked really good down back. Good signs again. His confidence will be getting higher.

17. Callum Brown - Played the first half only. Looked raw after missing out on much of the pre season due to illness. I'd expect to see him get his match fitness back through the VFL. It's extremely good news to see him run around today, even if it was only for 2 quarters. Has some work to do.

23. Lachlan Keeffe - Played the full game and had a good match. Kicked a goal and a couple of behinds. Spent some time in the ruck and his presence around the ball was seen. Good sign, but some say he slowed down towards the end.

24. Josh Thomas - Played the full match and became the hero with a goal on the siren to win it. Played well without being a star.

27. Kayle Kirby - Only played the first half. Looks like he likes to take the game on, but match fitness still a small issue. Reminds some like Harry O when he arrived at the club.

29. Tim Broomhead - Was best on ground. Played an inside mid role and also kicked a goal. Hopefully he can follow on with this form.

34. Mitch McCarthy - Moved around the ground well. Spent some time in the ruck, to the surprise of some.

35. Sam McLarty - Played the full game. Reads the play well but made some basic skill errors.

36. Brayden Sier - Only played the first half. Played in the middle. Has a lot of work to do.

44. Liam Mackie - Played a full game and was named in the bests. Played mostly in defence. Even tho names in the bests, made a couple of kicking errors. But encouraging signs.

45. Max Lynch - Played a full game and was named in the bests. 2 goals to his name.

I'm sure more info from the club and coaches will be available soon.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:33 pm

McCarthy is the interesting one. He was initially hopeless playing down forward, then when moved into the ruck was much better. He even looks dangerous as a forward when he plays as a ruckman. He is extremely athletic with a huge leap and fast off the mark and covers a lot of ground. Has the look of a tall defender rather than forward, but appears best when involved in the action, so ruck could be his position. Obviously very raw who hasn't had much match experience, his development in the VFL this year will be very interesting to watch.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:59 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
McCarthy is the interesting one. He was initially hopeless playing down forward, then when moved into the ruck was much better. He even looks dangerous as a forward when he plays as a ruckman. He is extremely athletic with a huge leap and fast off the mark and covers a lot of ground. Has the look of a tall defender rather than forward, but appears best when involved in the action, so ruck could be his position. Obviously very raw who hasn't had much match experience, his development in the VFL this year will be very interesting to watch.

Agree. Started up Forward and got no where near the Ball at all.

But put him in the Ruck and Looked Way better.

No 3rd Man up could help him play in the Ruck.

Raw as Hell but has some Exciting Attributes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Presti35 wrote:
My take from what I've read on various sites:

8. Tom Langdon - Cant find much on him. Seems he played the full game but looked slow. Received a minor leg injury and was tapped up.

12. Matthew Scharenberg - Played the full match and looked really good down back. Good signs again. His confidence will be getting higher.

17. Callum Brown - Played the first half only. Looked raw after missing out on much of the pre season due to illness. I'd expect to see him get his match fitness back through the VFL. It's extremely good news to see him run around today, even if it was only for 2 quarters. Has some work to do.

23. Lachlan Keeffe - Played the full game and had a good match. Kicked a goal and a couple of behinds. Spent some time in the ruck and his presence around the ball was seen. Good sign, but some say he slowed down towards the end.

24. Josh Thomas - Played the full match and became the hero with a goal on the siren to win it. Played well without being a star.

27. Kayle Kirby - Only played the first half. Looks like he likes to take the game on, but match fitness still a small issue. Reminds some like Harry O when he arrived at the club.

29. Tim Broomhead - Was best on ground. Played an inside mid role and also kicked a goal. Hopefully he can follow on with this form.

34. Mitch McCarthy - Moved around the ground well. Spent some time in the ruck, to the surprise of some.

35. Sam McLarty - Played the full game. Reads the play well but made some basic skill errors.

36. Brayden Sier - Only played the first half. Played in the middle. Has a lot of work to do.

44. Liam Mackie - Played a full game and was named in the bests. Played mostly in defence. Even tho names in the bests, made a couple of kicking errors. But encouraging signs.

45. Max Lynch - Played a full game and was named in the bests. 2 goals to his name.

I'm sure more info from the club and coaches will be available soon.

I would have thought we'd be overwhelmed by these player by player types of reports from those posters actually lucky enough to attend. Even a bit of a spiel on the new VFL guys. But nada... zip.. Very poor form really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: