Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury List - running tally

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

what did MM say, the earth is slow but Oxley needs to be patient? Or something like that.

Pretty sure Oxley will never play AFL footy again.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:44 am

So does Oxley qualify for the LTI? Maybe we can promote a rookie, for example, Josh Thomas??
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:49 am

Correct, on both counts.

And before anyone gets upset about such an arrangement and what it means for Cox (or any other rookie), the club can upgrade a rookie without needing an LTI after the mid-season bye...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
So does Oxley qualify for the LTI? Maybe we can promote a rookie, for example, Josh Thomas??

Lights are on, but nobody's home at Lexus...

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:23 am

Mugwump wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Of this lot it's Sinclair and Varcoe we're missing the most. Badly need their drive off half back. We would have won a couple more games with Sinclair in the side over Ramsay.

Absolutely correct. Sinclair's run through the middle has been very badly missed.

his direct opponent kicking 2 or 3 hasn't.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Laughing

On this week's episode of Where's Walshy?, we are pleased to be able to bring to you a report of... status quo... #winning

Walshy still Araldited to the inside of his regular glass poolside booth. I like it how they make it so easy to pick where he is in the complex these days...

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:34 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Of this lot it's Sinclair and Varcoe we're missing the most. Badly need their drive off half back. We would have won a couple more games with Sinclair in the side over Ramsay.

Absolutely correct. Sinclair's run through the middle has been very badly missed.

his direct opponent kicking 2 or 3 hasn't.

Team defence nowadays, so direct opponent goals mean v little and I doubt it regularly happens on Sinkers anyway.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:56 pm

I think it matters plenty when your direct opponent regularly out bodies or positions you, team defence is a bit of a copout. He does offer some dash but always takes the safe approach. Can't see him breaking back into that defence now, it's looking a lot more settled.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:38 pm

I hope like hell that some feral posters on Nick’s don't laugh or ridicule Fasolo missing games because of depression. It is a very serious illness (and I suffer from it) and has to be understood. I feel so bad for poor Fas as I feel his pain and can really empathise with him on this. Crying or Very sad Sad
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Looks like we have Wells with a calf, Elliot with an ankle and Goldy with a shoulder.

Given the history of Wells and Elliot with those injuries they could be out for a little while.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:16 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I think it matters plenty when your direct opponent regularly out bodies or positions you, team defence is a bit of a copout. He does offer some dash but always takes the safe approach. Can't see him breaking back into that defence now, it's looking a lot more settled.

I'd take Sinclair over Ramsey, but it's not a big difference either way.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:03 am

No more info tonight on Billy or Wells? These are huge injuries, Wells' age & it being the calf aka, the 'old blokes injury', means it could be a long one. Billy's ankle has been a problem and we've looked much better from the day he came into the side. Not to mention he's our best kick for goal. Goldy too would be a big loss as he's been in the best form we've seen from him for several years. If we've lost these 3 for any amount of time it will be a worry.
It would also bring us up to 11 blokes in the stands, which is about where we've been every year since Buckley took over.
It still blows my mind that people can call 6 years of huge injury tallies "Bad luck". It just ISNT!
If it was, then someone else would have had this happen to them in 120 years of the game, No one else has had their chances compromised by huge injury numbers for at least 3 seasons straight, but it's never happened! It MUST therefore mean that Buckley's training and recovery methods are putting much strain on players, especially the older guys. Annoyingly, this isn't a fatal flaw, it can be fixed, but the Donald Trump of footy refuses to change anything regardless how much damage it causes.

So the upshot is, we'd have to stick with Crocker, bring Callum Brown in for Wells, and though Sack is irreplaceable, Either Keefe or Thomas should one in for him. This isn't too bad, depending how Brown goes, but it leaves us with very few replacements, apart from Blair & Daicos, who I'd like to see sooner than later, as he could be anything. Also, depending on opponent, we could bring Cox back. Despite his last game he IS an improving player who could be absolutely dominant. 3 in a row is great, but it won't last long if we keep racking up injuries again.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:26 am

So it must be Bucks fault the giants have 15 injured on their list Rolling Eyes

Fnk me , Elliot landed awkwardly, that has nothing to do with trainning or recovery and Goldys shoulder has been giving him grief for years.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Gee whiz 35forver your absolute hated of Buckley knows no bounds does it ?
How can a coach be held responsible for injuries happening during matches ?
Should he have gazed into a crystal ball and foreseen this happening ?
Should he have not picked players he thought might get injured ?
Firstly the coach isn't responsible for training loads etc that's the department of the head sports medicine guy and training guru. The coach is basically instructed as to how much work he can actually put into them through tracking of gps data and loads etc.
Secondly other than Reid who had 2 set backs during rehab (again not under the coaches watch under the fitness staff watch) and Ramsay and Scharenberg colliding at training name any player that has suffered due to the coach over working them at training ?
Simple answer is there isn't any mate
Say he can't coach or has no game style or knock his selections sure but mate don't blame him for accidents in a contact sport you just make yourself look silly and petty
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 pm

35forever wrote:
No more info tonight on Billy or Wells? These are huge injuries, Wells' age & it being the calf aka, the 'old blokes injury', means it could be a long one. Billy's ankle has been a problem and we've looked much better from the day he came into the side. Not to mention he's our best kick for goal. Goldy too would be a big loss as he's been in the best form we've seen from him for several years. If we've lost these 3 for any amount of time it will be a worry.
It would also bring us up to 11 blokes in the stands, which is about where we've been every year since Buckley took over.
It still blows my mind that people can call 6 years of huge injury tallies "Bad luck". It just ISNT!
If it was, then someone else would have had this happen to them in 120 years of the game, No one else has had their chances compromised by huge injury numbers for at least 3 seasons straight, but it's never happened! It MUST therefore mean that Buckley's training and recovery methods are putting much strain on players, especially the older guys. Annoyingly, this isn't a fatal flaw, it can be fixed, but the Donald Trump of footy refuses to change anything regardless how much damage it causes.

So the upshot is, we'd have to stick with Crocker, bring Callum Brown in for Wells, and though Sack is irreplaceable, Either Keefe or Thomas should one in for him. This isn't too bad, depending how Brown goes, but it leaves us with very few replacements, apart from Blair & Daicos, who I'd like to see sooner than later, as he could be anything. Also, depending on opponent, we could bring Cox back. Despite his last game he IS an improving player who could be absolutely dominant. 3 in a row is great, but it won't last long if we keep racking up injuries again.

I stopped reading at this point and it was obvious that little rational thinking or logic has gone into this post and that the opinion is based solely on emotion and making a situation fit ones viewpoint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26   

Jump to: