Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury List - running tally

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently and according to the club , Levi is closer to 1-2 weeks.

Recovering more quickly than expected.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:56 am

This is what the club said about Jamie Elliot in Feb.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-20/magpie-jamie-elliott-sent-for-scans-after-ankle-mishap

Quote:
The Magpies confirmed late on Monday that the star forward will miss a couple of training sessions due to a minor ankle strain but said there were no major concerns.

Some 40 days after that assement he is still not training fully.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 am

MarkOSuv wrote:
This is what the club said about Jamie Elliot in Feb.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-20/magpie-jamie-elliott-sent-for-scans-after-ankle-mishap

Quote:
The Magpies confirmed late on Monday that the star forward will miss a couple of training sessions due to a minor ankle strain but said there were no major concerns.

Some 40 days after that assement he is still not training fully.

It's not good enough. The club should be upfront with its members and tell the truth as much as they can with their injured players. No point hiding anything as opposition club spies can turn up at training and see for themselves.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am

WHEN?
When are people going to figure this shit out?
Would you PLEASE just go through the stats and history 7find me an occasion when any club was badly affected by injury for 3 straight seasons?

WHEN?
The answer of course is NEVER! No one has ever had their season marred by injury 3 years straight, we are currently into our 6th! SIX! plus we add to it by our own stupidity, suspending our own blokes & just copping idiotic penalties like 2 weeks for Varcs, we may as well give up! Every commentator & every person said it was nothing, wouldn’t even be looked at, no problem. Now we've lost possibly our most vital player against Bitchmond,

WHEN?
When is Ed going to go back to being a President instead of a fan celebrity? Half the sides shitting on us wouldn’t exist if not for Collingwood, but we NEVER make waves against the nazi filth known as the AFL! Never have a problem with an insane draw which sees the 12th placed side play ALL of last years prelim finalists by round 6, and both Grand Finalists by round THREE!!!!

WHEN?
When are we going to quietly mention to the AFL that perhaps there might be a teeny cultural bias against Collingwood. Did ANYONE think the umpiring was fair & reasonable last week? All rules applied equally? Since when does Cloke ever get a free kick? Obviously they didn’t recognise him.

And finally;

WHEN
are we going to sit down and just admit that 2011 was a mistake, it was the wrong thing to do for the club to replace a successful coach with a complete novice, and start over from scratch. Give Buckley a few more rounds and just WATCH his game day performance. He does NOTHING! If a guy is getting flogged he stays there all day, WHY? as punishment? He can't even do RE-active coaching, forget PRO-active! Worse, the training methods he & Davoren have implemented load the players TOO heavily, leaving them far too vulnerable to injury, and even illness. There is NO such thing as SIX years of bad luck! Give him a job in player development and selection under Dekka & keep him the fk away from Game day!

If we don't do these things we will re-live the 60s & 70s, having a great side, playing finals most years & no flags. Because we have some mental self-loathing syndrome. We DO have one of, if not THE best list in the game and we lose a dozen games we should win. I know they won the flag but we should NOT get beaten by Footscray, or Bitchmond or Sydney either, we match up on the soon as you kick 1.5 to 5.1 against the good sides you should pack up and go home. You have a confidence problem. Our lack of confidence cost us maybe 6 games last year. Probably this year too, but then we WONT play our best 22 this season, not even once, and we haven't for 5 years. NOTHING is going to change until we do. I mean ALL of us.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:29 am

Since the new and improved AFLPA drugs policy came out - can we really trust any injury report?

My incredibly loose interpretation of it is that is player on a 2nd strike is likely to be suspended but not named for 4-6 weeks?

Really leaves a fake injury as the only option ?

Given 42 of our 43 players had positive hair tests it is rather likely we have had one soldier taken down by the new code?
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:32 am

Richmond have 2 players on their injury list.

For as long as I can remember our injury rate has been the biggest in the AFL. A year or two you can say it's bad luck but when it happens 4 years in a row it is not luck but poor management.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm

35forever wrote:
WHEN?
Would you PLEASE just go through the stats and history 7find me an occasion when any club was badly affected by injury for 3 straight seasons?

WHEN?
The answer of course is NEVER! No one has ever had their season marred by injury 3 years straight, we are currently into our 6th! SIX! plus we add to it by our own stupidity, suspending our own blokes & just copping idiotic penalties like 2 weeks for Varcs, we may as well give up! Every commentator & every person said it was nothing, wouldn’t even be looked at, no problem. Now we've lost possibly our most vital player against Bitchmond,

WHEN?
When is Ed going to go back to being a President instead of a fan celebrity? Half the sides shitting on us wouldn’t exist if not for Collingwood, but we NEVER make waves against the nazi filth known as the AFL! Never have a problem with an insane draw which sees the 12th placed side play ALL of last years prelim finalists by round 6, and both Grand Finalists by round THREE!!!!

WHEN?
When are we going to quietly mention to the AFL that perhaps there might be a teeny cultural bias against Collingwood. Did ANYONE think the umpiring was fair & reasonable last week? All rules applied equally? Since when does Cloke ever get a free kick? Obviously they didn’t recognise him.

And finally;

WHEN
are we going to sit down and just admit that 2011 was a mistake, it was the wrong thing to do for the club to replace a successful coach with a complete novice, and start over from scratch. Give Buckley a few more rounds and just WATCH his game day performance. He does NOTHING! If a guy is getting flogged he stays there all day, WHY? as punishment? He can't even do RE-active coaching, forget PRO-active! Worse, the training methods he & Davoren have implemented load the players TOO heavily, leaving them far too vulnerable to injury, and even illness. There is NO such thing as SIX years of bad luck! Give him a job in player development and selection under Dekka & keep him the fk away from Game day!

If we don't do these things we will re-live the 60s & 70s, having a great side, playing finals most years & no flags. Because we have some mental self-loathing syndrome. We DO have one of, if not THE best list in the game and we lose a dozen games we should win. I know they won the flag but we should NOT get beaten by Footscray, or Bitchmond or Sydney either, we match up on the soon as you kick 1.5 to 5.1 against the good sides you should pack up and go home. You have a confidence problem. Our lack of confidence cost us maybe 6 games last year. Probably this year too, but then we WONT play our best 22 this season, not even once, and we haven't for 5 years. NOTHING is going to change until we do. I mean ALL of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure you will like this, but i will give my two cents 35forever. Feel free to contradict me.

WHEN?

I am sure this was a rhetorical question Very Happy .... To be honest i think we have rounded a corner this year with injuries (we really really may hope). But even if you disagree, we have to be better then using injuries as an excuse for poor performances. The doggies won a grand final last year with nothing short of a horrific injury run....But what they had was squad depth.....that is the antidote to injuries. It is what as a club we have to build.

WHEN?

I am not the one to answer this as I have been for sometime very much opposed to Eddie remaining the president. For all the good that has been done by him their has been equally as many stuff ups. I have also argued that like many public positions of power one person in one place for too long has never been a healthy thing. The club has to plan for life beyond Eddie the president...but it seems to be unwilling to even entertain the idea.

As for the draw by the AFL.....does it really matter? you have to play these sides at some point in the year...also your basing this "form" on last year...we all know sides come up and down...every chance one of those top four sides from last year will be an outside the eight team by mid this year. Equally the same chance that one of the bottom eight sides will be well inside the eight. Hawthorn the former....Melbourne the latter.

WHEN

If we don't do these things we will re-live the 60s & 70s, having a great side, playing finals most years & no flags. Because we have some mental self-loathing syndrome. We DO have one of, if not THE best list in the game and we lose a dozen games we should win. I know they won the flag but we should NOT get beaten by Footscray, or Bitchmond or Sydney either, we match up on the soon as you kick 1.5 to 5.1 against the good sides you should pack up and go home. You have a confidence problem. Our lack of confidence cost us maybe 6 games last year. Probably this year too, but then we WONT play our best 22 this season, not even once, and we haven't for 5 years. NOTHING is going to change until we do. I mean ALL of us.[/quote]

preaching to the converted 35 re:2011 was a wasted year...yes we should have won the grand final that year.....we sadly didn't we must move on and not live in the past....Should Malthouse have been replaced...his effort at Carlton would suggest we made the correct move...has any club effectively sacked a coach who took them to a grand final....probably not....the question best asked and one that will be born out this year...Was Buckley the correct man to replace Malthouse...or did we again get blinded by the "favorite son" aura ah la Tony Shaw. Should it fail my only hope that the club at long last learns a valuable lesson... Collingwood players make for the most part fairly rubbish coaches (certainly in the modern era Phonse Kyne was the last Collingwood player to coach a Collingwood premiership been a long long time)... Now Bucks please make me regret that line and prove me wrong...

As for this year...mate my view as i have said before is a simple one. If we make the eight....we are showing signs of improvident.... Buckley keeps his job...... If we don't then by Buckley's own admission his probably going to be out of a job.

Fairly simple equation I would argue.

My opinion anyway.... take or wave away what you will of it.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Seems Sier has hurt his hamstring and Cox may have hurt his ankle or knee in the VFL hitout today.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:48 pm

It never ends! Sad
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 pm

We can add "broken football club" to the list.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:11 pm

melliot wrote:
We can add "broken football club" to the list.

I think the club actually did an acl tonight.... will have surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:08 am

Presti35 wrote:
Seems Sier has hurt his hamstring and Cox may have hurt his ankle or knee in the VFL hitout today.

Cox came back on and seemed unperturbed when he did. Think he dodged a bullet there...

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 pm

Assuming Elliott gets through training this week, sitting at 0-2, he plays in Sydney.

No time to run the Rolls Royce through the VFL.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:21 pm

ad4eva wrote:
Assuming Elliott gets through training this week, sitting at 0-2, he plays in Sydney.

On the flip side can they afford to just throw him in the seniors without match conditioning. No point cutting the nose off to spite the face. By that i mean no point playing him if he is spent by half time. or risk him doing a hamstring

Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:56 am

derkd wrote:
ad4eva wrote:

On the flip side can they afford to just throw him in the seniors without match conditioning. No point cutting the nose off to spite the face. By that i mean no point playing him if he is spent by half time. or risk him doing a hamstring

To answer your question - YES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 11 of 26   

Jump to: