Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury List - running tally

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
No more info tonight on Billy or Wells? These are huge injuries, Wells' age & it being the calf aka, the 'old blokes injury', means it could be a long one. Billy's ankle has been a problem and we've looked much better from the day he came into the side. Not to mention he's our best kick for goal. Goldy too would be a big loss as he's been in the best form we've seen from him for several years. If we've lost these 3 for any amount of time it will be a worry.
It would also bring us up to 11 blokes in the stands, which is about where we've been every year since Buckley took over.
It still blows my mind that people can call 6 years of huge injury tallies "Bad luck". It just ISNT!
If it was, then someone else would have had this happen to them in 120 years of the game, No one else has had their chances compromised by huge injury numbers for at least 3 seasons straight, but it's never happened! It MUST therefore mean that Buckley's training and recovery methods are putting much strain on players, especially the older guys. Annoyingly, this isn't a fatal flaw, it can be fixed, but the Donald Trump of footy refuses to change anything regardless how much damage it causes.

So the upshot is, we'd have to stick with Crocker, bring Callum Brown in for Wells, and though Sack is irreplaceable, Either Keefe or Thomas should one in for him. This isn't too bad, depending how Brown goes, but it leaves us with very few replacements, apart from Blair & Daicos, who I'd like to see sooner than later, as he could be anything. Also, depending on opponent, we could bring Cox back. Despite his last game he IS an improving player who could be absolutely dominant. 3 in a row is great, but it won't last long if we keep racking up injuries again.

Not one of your better posts 35F.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:56 pm

We get a few players back during the bye, (Varcoe, Reid etc) so possibly just the Melbourne game that we need to dig deep.

Whilst not ideal in the short term, injuries help build depth in the squad. I like that Buckley has adopted the Clarkson mantra, lose a soldier replace him with another. No panic or whinging.

We have enough depth to cover these injuries.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Greenwood quad injury.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:23 am

^ yes, it's a weird kind of monomania that blames a busted ankle and fractured scapula, both sustained in normal play, on the coach. But 35F's Buckley obsession is well-known, and in the last three weeks he has had little to feed it, so I guess this is straw fodder.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 am

The really critical issue he is Elliott, of course. I suspect a break given the way he fell the pain shown, but I hope for a positive surprise.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:19 am

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
We get a few players back during the bye, (Varcoe, Reid etc) so possibly just the Melbourne game that we need to dig deep.

Whilst not ideal in the short term, injuries help build depth in the squad. I like that Buckley has adopted the Clarkson mantra, lose a soldier replace him with another. No panic or whinging.

We have enough depth to cover these injuries.

fearing the worst too...i sadly missed the whole last quarter of what everyone is saying was a classic win Sad.

This is the perfect chance for young Brown to get a game. Maybe Kirby too ... could give our forward line a different look.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Previously, on Where's Walshy?, things were bad. Now, they're much worse...

Our fearless Football Director is once again in his little glass soundproof booth, al beit in a bit of a darker light. Somebody get a kerosene lamp in there, or something...

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:18 pm

So Varcoe has been missing for 5 weeks and is listed as 2 to 3 weeks.
So I reckon he may get on the park for us ( he will need a run in the VFL ) probably at a minimum 5 weeks from now.
close to a half of a season missing in action.
I love soft tissue injuries at Pieland and if Wells gets back on the park within 8 weeks I will be amazed.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm

What's actually wrong with Jamie ? Presume it's ligaments ?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Mugwump wrote:
What's actually wrong with Jamie ? Presume it's ligaments ?

TBC
To be confirmed.
Whatever that means.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:40 pm

We are being decimated again, yet again, by the seemingly never ending curse of mass injury. Bucks has no luck, shit outa luck, on that front, and has been for the past three seasons. Very frustrating, just when we find some good form and hit our straps, now we face the Deeees, whom I think are only really missing two walk-ups, and its gonna be tough now. Just so exasperating.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 pm

^ But imagine if we win without all those players? I might be wrong, but I feel there is something different about this team now, they are starting to:
- understand how Bucks wants them to play;
- believe in their own abilities and that of their teammates. Take the game on eg Crispy to WHE running goal against Freo;
- work for each other and do the 1%ers eg josh smith rushed behind and Maynard run down tackle against Freo.

Once the collective is on individuals matter less.

I think we win this week.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 am

So there's no problem with training methods, we just have the unluckiest coach in the history of sport. And what's this 3 year rubbish? We were compromised in the second half of 2012 by injuries, lots of them, and it hasn't stopped since. This unprecedented run started in Buckleys first season & hasn't stopped. In 2012 I thought, like everyone else, that it was bad luck. After 2013, I still thought it was bad luck, but for the first time I spoke out against Bucks because after the last 2 games (Port & North), he went off at the players & took no responsibility himself, despite his complete inaction during games, making no changes & regularly leaving guys who were getting beaten where they were. Bonjour, j'ai habité plusieurs arrondissements de paris toute mon enfance dans le 11 , ensuite 7 , 15 et le 17
During 2014 we lost blokes again and collapsed in the second half. After the 'honourable losses' we lost confidence and couldn't win. Injuries didn't help, and I thought that there was something wrong, three years if injuries was too much. I tweeted to the Collingwood account that we'd probably have the same problem in 2015. Whoever was in charge of that account replied that it wouldn't happen, but if it did we'd have to find new training staff. (It's all out there, look it up). But Lo! It DID happen in 2015, and all we got was a bullshit 'Members night' where we were told how great things were and a few selected people got to ask a question, about Membership packages etc. And then it happened all over again in 2016, and we got the same crap, but this time a better produced 'Members night' with slicker packages about how brilliantly we were doing, how great Bucks was, and how great Ed was. Followed by a couple of selected questions about, you guessed it, seating & members packages. The best package of utter crap since the 2013 Copeland! Goebbels would be jealous!

Now, just as we're looking strong, here it is again. The standard mile long injury list, and once again we are behaving like Nile Perch and pretending that the 12 man injury list is a great thing! Sure it gives the kids a run, even the ones who aren't ready. Right now we have a few guys (Kirby, Thomas, Brown, Keefe, who are ready or overdue for a run. With luck we'll have guys back before more injuries happen, and we get to see some new talent. But we really need Varcs & Elliot back, they are irreplaceable. If they're gone for the year you can start booking holidays in September, Collingwood will be missing again. The staff will all be working on lies they can use to convince us we need Buckley in 2018/19. If we keep drinking the Kool-Aid, they'll keep serving it up and those of us who REALLY want us back where we should be will be watching the cricket and cursing the gullible folks who cost us yet another season.
Anyway, rant over, heads back in the sand chaps!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:30 am

dp

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!

Last edited by 35forever on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 am

35forever wrote:
So there's no problem with training methods, we just have the unluckiest coach in the history of sport. And what's this 3 year rubbish? We were compromised in the second half of 2012 by injuries, lots of them, and it hasn't stopped since. This unprecedented run started in Buckleys first season & hasn't stopped. In 2012 I thought, like everyone else, that it was bad luck. After 2013, I still thought it was bad luck, but for the first time I spoke out against Bucks because after the last 2 games (Port & North), he went off at the players & took no responsibility himself, despite his complete inaction during games, making no changes & regularly leaving guys who were getting beaten where they were. Bonjour, j'ai habité plusieurs arrondissements de paris toute mon enfance dans le 11 , ensuite 7 , 15 et le 17
During 2014 we lost blokes again and collapsed in the second half. After the 'honourable losses' we lost confidence and couldn't win. Injuries didn't help, and I thought that there was something wrong, three years if injuries was too much. I tweeted to the Collingwood account that we'd probably have the same problem in 2015. Whoever was in charge of that account replied that it wouldn't happen, but if it did we'd have to find new training staff. (It's all out there, look it up). But Lo! It DID happen in 2015, and all we got was a bullshit 'Members night' where we were told how great things were and a few selected people got to ask a question, about Membership packages etc. And then it happened all over again in 2016, and we got the same crap, but this time a better produced 'Members night' with slicker packages about how brilliantly we were doing, how great Bucks was, and how great Ed was. Followed by a couple of selected questions about, you guessed it, seating & members packages. The best package of utter crap since the 2013 Copeland! Goebbels would be jealous!

Now, just as we're looking strong, here it is again. The standard mile long injury list, and once again we are behaving like Nile Perch and pretending that the 12 man injury list is a great thing! Sure it gives the kids a run, even the ones who aren't ready. Right now we have a few guys (Kirby, Thomas, Brown, Keefe, who are ready or overdue for a run. With luck we'll have guys back before more injuries happen, and we get to see some new talent. But we really need Varcs & Elliot back, they are irreplaceable. If they're gone for the year you can start booking holidays in September, Collingwood will be missing again. The staff will all be working on lies they can use to convince us we need Buckley in 2018/19. If we keep drinking the Kool-Aid, they'll keep serving it up and those of us who REALLY want us back where we should be will be watching the cricket and cursing the gullible folks who cost us yet another season.
Anyway, rant over, heads back in the sand chaps!!

Giants are on top of the ladder and have unquestionably thew worst injury record at the moment. So what to do. Sack the coach for causing all these injuries or extend him because he has guided his team to first place.

Shit happens. If your old guys are your speedsters, eventually they will get his with soft tissue injuries. some guys have bodies that quite cant stand the rigors of AFL footy (and you usually don't find that out until they play AFL footy). other plays due to the fearless courage that they have, are just more likely to hurt themselves. Depending on the loyalty and hostility of your fan base (and to be fair, other factors), some guys are going to get depressed and/or lose the ability to kick goals. Then there are just random bad luck injuries (like bad ankles and broken things).

No club is immune.

I still wonder whether all this high altitude training shit is a cause of our malaise. Marathon training leaves the body more vulnerable to injury in fast bursts or with changes of directions. I have always been amazed how AFL footballers are expected to train like marathon runners and then perform high impact, burst and direction changing activities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26   

Jump to: