Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury List - running tally

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Manchester United manager was asked about some big name players who would be missing from their upcoming match due to suspension and injury and he responded:

“They [the injured players] are not important. The important ones are the ones who are ready to play , that's the way we have to think we cannot be here crying or speaking about the players who are not available to play."

Interesting way of looking at it.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:41 pm

^^^ It's a little easier in a sport where there is no salary cap, so that the "next soldier up" is also worth 25 million pounds. I'm not interested in the whingeing about our injuries but the administrative structures of the two sports are fundamentally different. I'm thinking about AC Milan, circa 1994, with Holland's best striker of all-time still on the payroll, trying unsuccessfully to recover from his ruined ankle, being able to replace him with an Italian, Romanian or French star striker. And having 11 of the greatest midfielders of all-time on their list, knowing they needed to field 4 or 5 on any given day.

It's difficult if your "next solider up" is Blair or Cox. It isn't quite so difficult if your "next soldier up" is Roberto Donadoni.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:29 am

Every team has injuries and many of those teams still win games. Shocked
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:38 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ It's a little easier in a sport where there is no salary cap, so that the "next soldier up" is also worth 25 million pounds. I'm not interested in the whingeing about our injuries but the administrative structures of the two sports are fundamentally different. I'm thinking about AC Milan, circa 1994, with Holland's best striker of all-time still on the payroll, trying unsuccessfully to recover from his ruined ankle, being able to replace him with an Italian, Romanian or French star striker. And having 11 of the greatest midfielders of all-time on their list, knowing they needed to field 4 or 5 on any given day.

It's difficult if your "next solider up" is Blair or Cox. It isn't quite so difficult if your "next soldier up" is Roberto Donadoni.

Yes...well said.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:31 pm

derkd wrote:
35forever wrote:
WHEN?
When are people going to figure this shit out?
Would you PLEASE just go through the stats and history 7find me an occasion when any club was badly affected by injury for 3 straight seasons?

WHEN?
The answer of course is NEVER! No one has ever had their season marred by injury 3 years straight, we are currently into our 6th! SIX! plus we add to it by our own stupidity, suspending our own blokes & just copping idiotic penalties like 2 weeks for Varcs, we may as well give up! Every commentator & every person said it was nothing, wouldn’t even be looked at, no problem. Now we've lost possibly our most vital player against Bitchmond,

WHEN?
When is Ed going to go back to being a President instead of a fan celebrity? Half the sides shitting on us wouldn’t exist if not for Collingwood, but we NEVER make waves against the nazi filth known as the AFL! Never have a problem with an insane draw which sees the 12th placed side play ALL of last years prelim finalists by round 6, and both Grand Finalists by round THREE!!!!

WHEN?
When are we going to quietly mention to the AFL that perhaps there might be a teeny cultural bias against Collingwood. Did ANYONE think the umpiring was fair & reasonable last week? All rules applied equally? Since when does Cloke ever get a free kick? Obviously they didn’t recognise him.

And finally;

WHEN
are we going to sit down and just admit that 2011 was a mistake, it was the wrong thing to do for the club to replace a successful coach with a complete novice, and start over from scratch. Give Buckley a few more rounds and just WATCH his game day performance. He does NOTHING! If a guy is getting flogged he stays there all day, WHY? as punishment? He can't even do RE-active coaching, forget PRO-active! Worse, the training methods he & Davoren have implemented load the players TOO heavily, leaving them far too vulnerable to injury, and even illness. There is NO such thing as SIX years of bad luck! Give him a job in player development and selection under Dekka & keep him the fk away from Game day!

If we don't do these things we will re-live the 60s & 70s, having a great side, playing finals most years & no flags. Because we have some mental self-loathing syndrome. We DO have one of, if not THE best list in the game and we lose a dozen games we should win. I know they won the flag but we should NOT get beaten by Footscray, or Bitchmond or Sydney either, we match up on the soon as you kick 1.5 to 5.1 against the good sides you should pack up and go home. You have a confidence problem. Our lack of confidence cost us maybe 6 games last year. Probably this year too, but then we WONT play our best 22 this season, not even once, and we haven't for 5 years. NOTHING is going to change until we do. I mean ALL of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure you will like this, but i will give my two cents 35forever. Feel free to contradict me.

When are people going to figure this shit out?
Would you PLEASE just go through the stats and history 7find me an occasion when any club was badly affected by injury for 3 straight seasons?

WHEN?
The answer of course is NEVER! No one has ever had their season marred by injury 3 years straight, we are currently into our 6th! SIX! plus we add to it by our own stupidity, suspending our own blokes & just copping idiotic penalties like 2 weeks for Varcs, we may as well give up! Every commentator & every person said it was nothing, wouldn’t even be looked at, no problem. Now we've lost possibly our most vital player against Bitchmond,

I am sure this was a rhetorical question Very Happy .... To be honest i think we have rounded a corner this year with injuries (we really really may hope). But even if you disagree, we have to be better then using injuries as an excuse for poor performances. The doggies won a grand final last year with nothing short of a horrific injury run....But what they had was squad depth.....that is the antidote to injuries. It is what as a club we have to build.

WHEN?
When is Ed going to go back to being a President instead of a fan celebrity? Half the sides shitting on us wouldn’t exist if not for Collingwood, but we NEVER make waves against the nazi filth known as the AFL! Never have a problem with an insane draw which sees the 12th placed side play ALL of last years prelim finalists by round 6, and both Grand Finalists by round THREE!!!!

I am not the one to answer this as I have been for sometime very much opposed to Eddie remaining the president. For all the good that has been done by him their has been equally as many stuff ups. I have also argued that like many public positions of power one person in one place for too long has never been a healthy thing. The club has to plan for life beyond Eddie the president...but it seems to be unwilling to even entertain the idea.

As for the draw by the AFL.....does it really matter? you have to play these sides at some point in the year...also your basing this "form" on last year...we all know sides come up and down...every chance one of those top four sides from last year will be an outside the eight team by mid this year. Equally the same chance that one of the bottom eight sides will be well inside the eight. Hawthorn the former....Melbourne the latter.

WHEN
are we going to sit down and just admit that 2011 was a mistake, it was the wrong thing to do for the club to replace a successful coach with a complete novice, and start over from scratch. Give Buckley a few more rounds and just WATCH his game day performance. He does NOTHING! If a guy is getting flogged he stays there all day, WHY? as punishment? He can't even do RE-active coaching, forget PRO-active! Worse, the training methods he & Davoren have implemented load the players TOO heavily, leaving them far too vulnerable to injury, and even illness. There is NO such thing as SIX years of bad luck! Give him a job in player development and selection under Dekka & keep him the fk away from Game day!

If we don't do these things we will re-live the 60s & 70s, having a great side, playing finals most years & no flags. Because we have some mental self-loathing syndrome. We DO have one of, if not THE best list in the game and we lose a dozen games we should win. I know they won the flag but we should NOT get beaten by Footscray, or Bitchmond or Sydney either, we match up on the soon as you kick 1.5 to 5.1 against the good sides you should pack up and go home. You have a confidence problem. Our lack of confidence cost us maybe 6 games last year. Probably this year too, but then we WONT play our best 22 this season, not even once, and we haven't for 5 years. NOTHING is going to change until we do. I mean ALL of us

preaching to the converted 35 re:2011 was a wasted year...yes we should have won the grand final that year.....we sadly didn't we must move on and not live in the past....Should Malthouse have been replaced...his effort at Carlton would suggest we made the correct move...has any club effectively sacked a coach who took them to a grand final....probably not....the question best asked and one that will be born out this year...Was Buckley the correct man to replace Malthouse...or did we again get blinded by the "favorite son" aura ah la Tony Shaw. Should it fail my only hope that the club at long last learns a valuable lesson... Collingwood players make for the most part fairly rubbish coaches (certainly in the modern era Phonse Kyne was the last Collingwood player to coach a Collingwood premiership been a long long time)... Now Bucks please make me regret that line and prove me wrong...

As for this year...mate my view as i have said before is a simple one. If we make the eight....we are showing signs of improvident.... Buckley keeps his job...... If we don't then by Buckley's own admission his probably going to be out of a job.

Fairly simple equation I would argue.

My opinion anyway.... take or wave away what you will of it.

I hate doing these half page quote things, other sites just have first couple lines of the quotes & a "more" button if u wanna read it all. Can we do that? If not, maybe its time for a re-boot of the site (aesthetically, nothing more ), it is looking a bit dated.

Derkd: My congratulations for answering questions, well done! Clearly we won't agree on some things but I certainly respect your views & willingness to "play the ball"

The one thing I really think we should agree on is that the game has changed a helluva lot & the draw can make or break a side. We no longer play all sides twice, and we play at all kinds of hours on several days, at several different time slots. It has been argued that in most recent seasons the top 8 changes very little, if at all, by round 6. I thought that was stupid at first, but I did the research, and its dead right. The first 6-10 games seem to be absolutely crucial. Lets just assume there's something to this, even if you disagree.
As the 12th placed side, who have been travelling South for 5 straight years, I would never expect to get both grand Finalists in the first 3 rounds. I would never, ever expect to get ALL FOUR prelim finalists by round 6! That is off the charts!! Look at the draws of the sides who are around us, and those of the top sides. NONE have a tougher draw than us, and that has been the case for several years.
As Ive said before, you can do the math, its quite simple:

Look at each teams first 6 (or first 10). Assign points by awarding 18 for the side who finished first (or won the flag, up to you whether you go by H&A results or post finals results) and 1 point for the Woodies. (So Coll. would have 18 for rd.1, 6 for Rd 2, & 17 for Rd.3... (or 12-6-18 on H&A results - and I hafta admit I've only done the former method).
The sides with the most points are the ones who got screwed by the league.To be completely fair the results should mirror the ladder... they don't!
We've come first for several years. try it for yourself, its mathematical proof that the AFL goes out of its way to disadvantage us and help the crap sides, and has done for years. And that’s just one metric, there are plenty more. This method doesn't take into account other factors such as 6 day breaks, location, day & time, etc, but I will bet large dollars none of these favour us either.
The draw is no such thing, there is no "draw" out of a hat. every match is carefully placed, and is done to make the most money, and advantage weak sides at the expense of others.

Still, at the end of the day, there is one thing that will turn our fortunes around, the AFL be buggered. It should have been done in late 2013 at the latest. Every week since then we have destroyed ourselves, and every single thing we "negative" people have predicted since then has come to pass.
4 years on we still have a top 4 list, and wasted it. Now 2017 is all but gone, as sides which change coaches during the season don't do well, and we will NEVER do as well as we should until our problem, caused by 2 people who refuse to put the club first despite saying they do every week. Those 2 have destroyed all the good they did us in the previous decade & should be sacked & banned from even holding membership at CFC. They have broken more Black & white hearts than "Jesaulenko, you beauty!" in September 1970, or Wayne Harmes & his boundary umpire in '79.

And after all that, if we manage to stumble into 8th spot in September, all is forgiven!

Collingwood people just never learn, none of us. All we need is a change of mindset, and our very natures ensure it won't happen.
Sad huh?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:58 pm

makri wrote:
Manchester United manager was asked about some big name players who would be missing from their upcoming match due to suspension and injury and he responded:

“They [the injured players] are not important. The important ones are the ones who are ready to play , that's the way we have to think we cannot be here crying or speaking about the players who are not available to play."

Very true and it's called depth with development. If not mistaken, Bulldogs were missing 7 first team players and still won the Grand Final. Or is it just a good or is it great bldy Coach...

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:03 pm

35forever wrote:
Collingwood people just never learn, none of us. All we need is a change of mindset, and our very natures ensure it won't happen.
Sad huh?

Because if everyone on an internet forum thought like you we'd be top of the ladder, right?

I mean, right?
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 pm

makri wrote:

Mick used to use that line when asked about injuries.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:39 pm

^ I think Nathan has said the same thing on many occasions, when he had even greater reason to sook.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:42 pm
Post subject: Blackmores reportReply with quote

Very encouraging as both Callum Brown and Rupert Wills available to line up against North Ballarat and Rupert will be played for possibly half a game

Both Greenwood and Elliot trained strong and will be looked at before Wednesday training
but are expected to be right
Wells in two weeks an excellent chance to play in some game

De Goey hand should be right in two weeks --he is training (all running)

Get these senior experienced guys in then reek havock

<Mod edit: There is a permanent Injury List thread at the top of the page. Use it. Merged. - the mods>

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:54 pm

Latest report...

Walshy and the screen have been moved again, this time in the glassed-off corridor overlooking the rehab pool. And was that a small smirk I detected from Walshy when he says that the number of injuries is "going in the right direction"? Even he knows this is absolute bulltish... Wink

EDIT: I see Sinclair has disappeared from the report. They didn't send him to the morgue by accident, did they...?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Are we absolutely certain Langdon isn't deceased?

If so he can take Blair's spot as I reckon a rotting corpse in the pocket would open up space for our forwards on the lead.

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:48 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Latest report...

Walshy and the screen have been moved again, this time in the glassed-off corridor overlooking the rehab pool. And was that a small smirk I detected from Walshy when he says that the number of injuries is "going in the right direction"? Even he knows this is absolute bulltish... Wink

EDIT: I see Sinclair has disappeared from the report. They didn't send him to the morgue by accident, did they...?

Don't know if you looked mate but Walshy posted an update video to say he had forgotten to mention the club accidently sent Sinclair to the glue factory. Laughing

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:00 pm

My bad... Embarassed
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Are we absolutely certain Langdon isn't deceased?

If so he can take Blair's spot as I reckon a rotting corpse in the pocket would open up space for our forwards on the lead.

Langdon may not be deceased but Sinclair may well be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 12 of 26   

Jump to: