Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and fitness (the race for Round 1)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 pm
Post subject: Re: More injuires, why is Davokian a protected species ??Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Well. the injury curse is upon the Pies again. Elliott, Sinclair, Josh Smith, and Cox has done a hammy. It never bloody ends, and the season proper has not even started for chirssakes !! Our last THREE seasons have been utter disasters on the injury front, worse than nearly every other club, yet it goes on and on. My question is, WHY has President for Life, Eddie, refused to sack this Davokian guy, the one who has over seen this utter disaster ?? How much longer must we wait before McGuire finally sees the penny drop and sacks this guy, and most of the whole useless Fitness Dept, before yet ANOTHER season is totally ruined by mass injuries ?? Surprised Rolling Eyes

I must admit that after some long injury filled years, I'm heartily sick of our ever expanding injury list. Enough IS enough FFS. It is ruining my passion for the bloody game when I depend on the damn injury list to see whether we can win a bloody game or not.
If it is in our control, I ask the club to look at all options available in Personnel to assist with this process of treating players to get back as soon as they can.
If it is truly beyond our control, then I ask God for help this year to be at least fair to Collingwood! Either cut down our injuries or put out half of the Carlscum/Essenscum list out with injuries. God dude, you are not being nice to Collingwood lately and this nonsense has to bloody well stop. You heard it from me God so do your thing mate. Sick of it. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:02 pm
Post subject: Re: More injuires, why is Davokian a protected species ??Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Well. the injury curse is upon the Pies again. Elliott, Sinclair, Josh Smith, and Cox has done a hammy. It never bloody ends, and the season proper has not even started for chirssakes !! Our last THREE seasons have been utter disasters on the injury front, worse than nearly every other club, yet it goes on and on. My question is, WHY has President for Life, Eddie, refused to sack this Davokian guy, the one who has over seen this utter disaster ?? How much longer must we wait before McGuire finally sees the penny drop and sacks this guy, and most of the whole useless Fitness Dept, before yet ANOTHER season is totally ruined by mass injuries ?? Surprised Rolling Eyes

I must admit that after some long injury filled years, I'm heartily sick of our ever expanding injury list. Enough IS enough FFS. It is ruining my passion for the bloody game when I depend on the damn injury list to see whether we can win a bloody game or not.
If it is in our control, I ask the club to look at all options available in Personnel to assist with this process of treating players to get back as soon as they can.
If it is truly beyond our control, then I ask God for help this year to be at least fair to Collingwood! Either cut down our injuries or put out half of the Carlscum/Essenscum list out with injuries. God dude, you are not being nice to Collingwood lately and this nonsense has to bloody well stop. You heard it from me God so do your thing mate. Sick of it. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Actually mate, I have a feeling the Big Man Upstairs, may well be a Caaaaarlton fan, after 1970, 79, and 81 Gfs. ! I don't think he will do us any favours, hell, look at that Tiprat Bounce, one tiny deviation to the left, and its OHHH MY GAWD, NOT AGAIN !! Shocked Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Actually mate, I have a feeling the Big Man Upstairs, may well be a Caaaaarlton fan, after 1970, 79, and 81 Gfs. ! I don't think he will do us any favours, hell, look at that Tiprat Bounce, one tiny deviation to the left, and its OHHH MY GAWD, NOT AGAIN !! Shocked Razz

The reality is that GCS and Freemantle had worse injuries than us last year. Not good that a few have gone down of late, but Sinclair is the only long term injury and we should get him back towards the end of the season when it counts. What really kills us is carrying high level recruits on your list who are never going to play a game for us (Freeman for instance). Hidden in our injury list is the return of Langdon, Broomhead, Crocker and Sier to full training and the appearance of McLarty and McCarthy to competitive training. Provided for each one that goes down, we get at least one back, our situation isn't so desperate.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doggies Ruckman Roughead is out for 8 weeks and it seems Cambell their backup is out for a couple. This is a huge advantage for Us in round 1 if Grundy starts well. Lets hope Grundy can take full advantage and capitilize to give Pendles Treloar and co. a chance to murder a possible Hung-over premiership side.

If our mids get on top early and Wells Pendles Treloar get their service then im confident Moore Faz Elliot Mayne White WHE Daicos Steele will get their service and the AFL will be in for a SHOCK very early. A complete 180 turnaround compared to last year.

I cannot stress how important this Rd1 blockbuster will be.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Just as a matter of interest, when was the LAST time Bucks had nearly a fully fit and healthy list too choose his team from, no long term injuries ? Seems like ages too me.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:16 am

E wrote:
I guess you have to watch the games. Listen, Cox is just particularly bad at this. Its just a fact. I will say however, that i agree that this limitation is not as bad if he is the only one there with this limitation. If you surround him with the likes of Blair, Elliot, Faz, WHE and Mayne, obviously the weakness will be alleviated to some extent.

At this point i should note that my main opposition to Cox has been in response to the idea that we should consider playing with all 4 of Moore, White, Cox and Grundy. The thought of Cox, White and Moore in one forward line just wont work (it was painfully obvious last year).

Happy to agree to disagree but I'll certainly put more effort into watching an occasional game. Thanks for the clue that that might help.

I agree there were games in 2016 when our F50 didn't function well, but equally there were games later in the year when it did, even allowing that Cox carried an injured shoulder late in the season. You're taking the negative as an absolute and a predictor of future capacity, I choose to be more open minded.

Last edited by jackcass on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:42 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Just as a matter of interest, when was the LAST time Bucks had nearly a fully fit and healthy list too choose his team from, no long term injuries ? Seems like ages too me.

That's sure to stir up the haters lol
Injury plague started second half of '11 and continued unabated since.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:17 pm

PNC I get your frustration with the injuries I'm over them well and truly as well.
As for the last time bucks had a fully fit list to choose from I don't think he ever has and if he has it would have been 2012.
Every club has injuries no doubt but ours always seem to be in the longer term category than a couple weeks. Maybe we should be looking at all aspects including our rehab to see if we have best practises (I'm sure the club does this)
Our issue is two fold
1 We can't keep close to our best 22 on the park at any given time
2 We can't keep any 22 on the park week to week

All the changes and chopping to the line up every week doesn't allow for the players to learn each other's games as well under match conditions and pressure or any form of cohesion
I'm not concerned if Langdon Crocker Seir Sinclair Kirby miss chunks of the season at best they are borderline players or not even in the mix
We can't afford to be missing Elliott Smith Wells Cox they would be in or close to our best 22
That's what's going to kill us not having close to our best 22
We don't have the experience in depth to handle having 10 players not available for round 1 limits our options and gives us little to no room for any further injuries
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:13 pm

^^^^ ^^^^

Couldn't have put it any better myself qldmagpie67.

Absolutely spot on.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:04 pm

Lazza wrote:
^^^^ ^^^^

Couldn't have put it any better myself qldmagpie67.

Absolutely spot on.

Yes, he said it very well, covered all bases and spot on. For a Queenslander hes a pretty savvy and intelligent lad ! Razz Laughing

E 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:08 pm

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
I guess you have to watch the games. Listen, Cox is just particularly bad at this. Its just a fact. I will say however, that i agree that this limitation is not as bad if he is the only one there with this limitation. If you surround him with the likes of Blair, Elliot, Faz, WHE and Mayne, obviously the weakness will be alleviated to some extent.

At this point i should note that my main opposition to Cox has been in response to the idea that we should consider playing with all 4 of Moore, White, Cox and Grundy. The thought of Cox, White and Moore in one forward line just wont work (it was painfully obvious last year).

Happy to agree to disagree but I'll certainly put more effort into watching an occasional game. Thanks for the clue that that might help.

I agree there were games in 2016 when our F50 didn't function well, but equally there were games later in the year when it did, even allowing that Cox carried an injured shoulder late in the season. You're taking the negative as an absolute and a predictor of future capacity, I choose to be more open minded.

no worries mate. that is why I am here.

remember, I was the one who said Cox would never EVER play an AFL game so I am a complete expert in these matters......

E 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:10 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
PNC I get your frustration with the injuries I'm over them well and truly as well.
As for the last time bucks had a fully fit list to choose from I don't think he ever has and if he has it would have been 2012.
Every club has injuries no doubt but ours always seem to be in the longer term category than a couple weeks. Maybe we should be looking at all aspects including our rehab to see if we have best practises (I'm sure the club does this)
Our issue is two fold
1 We can't keep close to our best 22 on the park at any given time
2 We can't keep any 22 on the park week to week

All the changes and chopping to the line up every week doesn't allow for the players to learn each other's games as well under match conditions and pressure or any form of cohesion
I'm not concerned if Langdon Crocker Seir Sinclair Kirby miss chunks of the season at best they are borderline players or not even in the mix
We can't afford to be missing Elliott Smith Wells Cox they would be in or close to our best 22
That's what's going to kill us not having close to our best 22
We don't have the experience in depth to handle having 10 players not available for round 1 limits our options and gives us little to no room for any further injuries

our third problem of course is that our list isn't as good as other team lists so that we don't do as well as other teams.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Yes we have had our fair share of injuries but as one of the major Melbourne papers reported towards the latter stages of last season the Western Bulldogs were only marginally better off than our situation at the time and yet they still qualified for finals and this in turn ended up giving them the extra time to get a couple of players back in time for the preliminary and grand final.

At present probably only Sinclair is seen as a long term on our injury list and in reality our current situation is probably not to dissimilar to most others.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes we have had our fair share of injuries but as one of the major Melbourne papers reported towards the latter stages of last season the Western Bulldogs were only marginally better off than our situation at the time and yet they still qualified for finals and this in turn ended up giving them the extra time to get a couple of players back in time for the preliminary and grand final.

At present probably only Sinclair is seen as a long term on our injury list and in reality our current situation is probably not to dissimilar to most others.

Correct, without that week off, pre Finals, theres no way the doggies would have won the flag, it was a perfect storm for them of everything going right, including stevie Js suspension, and getting far more free kicks in the GF than the hapless swans. Jeeesus, I wish the PIes could get a dream run of frees like that in a GF, thatd be the day. ! Shocked

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Correct, without that week off, pre Finals, theres no way the doggies would have won the flag, it was a perfect storm for them of everything going right, including stevie Js suspension, and getting far more free kicks in the GF than the hapless swans. Jeeesus, I wish the PIes could get a dream run of frees like that in a GF, thatd be the day. ! Shocked

But you miss my main point.

They made the finals despite an injury list size almost identical to our own.

People say they were lucky during the finals yet overlook they had to win two interstate finals and beat Hawthorn just to make the grand final.

It was an awesome September performance and one I'm envious of.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: