Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 Annual General Meeting - Monday February 27 at 6pm

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:59 pm
Post subject: 2016 Annual General Meeting - Monday February 27 at 6pmReply with quote

Yesterday, I received an email from the club notifying me and fellow members eligible to attend the AGM that it will be held this Monday at the Glasshouse for those wishing to attend the meeting.

The email states:

Quote:
Hi "Jezza",

As a valued member of the Collingwood Football Club, we would like to remind you that the 2016 Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday February 27 2017.

Further details are as follows:

Date: Monday February 27 2017
Location: Glasshouse at the Holden Centre - Olympic Boulevard, Olympic Park, Melbourne.
Time: 5:30pm for 6:00pm start.

Please note if you wish to attend the Annual General Meeting you must bring your membership card on the night.*

If you have any further queries please call 1300 MAGPIE (1300 62 47 43) during business hours or email membership@collingwoodfc.com.au

*Please note entry to the Annual General Meeting is open to members with Social Club Access aged over 18 years.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on when the leadership group will be announced? Usually we know by the AGM.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Eddie is still captain. I think the rest of the leadership group will also be returned unopposed.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:10 pm

As a member id like to ask Edward does he see himself being Collingwood President for another twenty years, but perhaps id better not.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:04 pm

Wow, that's gonna be another rehearsed circle jerk, like every major Collingwood event in the last 4 years. Cant wait to read the report...
"Last season we were perfect and nothing is gonna change" cue standing ovation.

God, the sycophancy is overwhelming.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:34 am

35forever wrote:
Wow, that's gonna be another rehearsed circle jerk, like every major Collingwood event in the last 4 years. Cant wait to read the report...
"Last season we were perfect and nothing is gonna change" cue standing ovation.

God, the sycophancy is overwhelming.

Exercise your democratic right then.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 am

Piesnchess wrote:
As a member id like to ask Edward does he see himself being Collingwood President for another twenty years, but perhaps id better not.

If Eddie were to remain in office for another 20 years, that would say little about him (other than that he remains loyal) and an awful lot about the lack of viable alternatives. Collingwood is not Cambodia under Pol Pot - it's just a football club.
Crimson Mask 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Malthouse apparently given Life Membership for causing mayhem. mischief, instability and rancour in season 2011 and beyond.

Prick hijacked the "back to back" and treated people like McGuire, Pert and Buckley with complete disdain and disrespect.

To my way of thinking has completely tarnished his premiership legacy with his self serving displays of petulance, egotism and greed.

Yet McGuire thinks it appropriate to bestow life membership on this embittered little man who has rejoiced in The Club's demise with it falling down the chasm which he helped to dig.

Maybe I should try an approach like that to get a pay rise or promotion. Probably do me little good as I'm operating in the real world rather than the fantasy land celebrating cronyism and inner sanctums, that the PT Barnum of Collingwood (McGuire) has created.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Well, he left a lasting impact. What can you say? More premierships coached than Rose or Hafey, amongst others.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Crimson Mask wrote:
Malthouse apparently given Life Membership for causing mayhem. mischief, instability and rancour in season 2011 and beyond.

Prick hijacked the "back to back" and treated people like McGuire, Pert and Buckley with complete disdain and disrespect.

To my way of thinking has completely tarnished his premiership legacy with his self serving displays of petulance, egotism and greed.

Yet McGuire thinks it appropriate to bestow life membership on this embittered little man who has rejoiced in The Club's demise with it falling down the chasm which he helped to dig.

Maybe I should try an approach like that to get a pay rise or promotion. Probably do me little good as I'm operating in the real world rather than the fantasy land celebrating cronyism and inner sanctums, that the PT Barnum of Collingwood (McGuire) has created.

I didn't know whether to clap, or puke, but honestly it's time to move on and let bygones be bygones. Not every coach can be a gentleman like Bob Rose. A lot of great coaches are pricks and Malthouse just happens to be one of them. It doesn't detract from his efforts to win us our first flag since Matthews, so I don't see why Malthouse doesn't deserve his life membership award.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Crimson Mask wrote:

I didn't know whether to clap, or puke, but honestly it's time to move on and let bygones be bygones. Not every coach can be a gentleman like Bob Rose. A lot of great coaches are pricks and Malthouse just happens to be one of them. It doesn't detract from his efforts to win us our first flag since Matthews, so I don't see why Malthouse doesn't deserve his life membership award.

He just desperately wanted the games record. it was his only driving force in the end. i still think he wanted that 2011 flag, but our injuries caught up with us in the end. That and getting brutalized by the hawks the week before really hurt us.

By the way, do you think the timing of the handover was done to ensure that MM didn't overtake the record of our Jock McHale? hmmmm.....

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:54 am

He earn't it. as have the rest of them, when they all eventually find their way home.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:06 pm

I actually nearly feel a bit sorry for ol Mick M now, absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess. Hey, he nearly single handily destroyed the Bluescum, we owe him that much, don't we ! LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: