Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kate Sheahan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:03 pm
Post subject: Kate SheahanReply with quote

I attended a lunch yesterday at the Club. Amongst other things, Kate was interviewed by her Dad. By the time the interview was finished, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Kate is now 35. From the time she was 14, she wanted nothing more than to play senior football. Her dream was finally realised in last week's game. Sadly, she lasted 3 minutes before her ACL gave way. To hear her speak of her passion and how grateful she was to Collingwood for giving her the chance was deeply moving. To his great credit, Ed made a very fine speech himself, immediately afterwards.

I don't personally have great interest in the AFLW but I left the room feeling that it has been a great tragedy for many, many people who do that they have had to wait so long.

I think the hearts of everyone present yesterday went out to Kate and - perhaps more surprisngly - her disappointed but proud (and formerly-Collingwood-hating) father. It got me to thinking: it's 3 minutes more senior football for the Club than I ever got to play.

The level of dedication and commitment Kate showed was spectacular and a thing to be admired and praised. If I could have run out just once with Andrew Ireland's 24 on my back, that would have done me nicely, too.

Well played, Kate.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, well played.

I love this point you made:

Quote:
it's 3 minutes more senior football for the Club than I ever got to play.

Ditto (although even at 50+ i still hold out hope. )

More people should remember that when they be arm chair critics of players.

back on topic, I've read her article in the Herald Sun about it and yeah, well played. She got to live the dream for 3 minutes after believing the dream had been dashed as a kid, not because she wasn't good enough but because she was a chick.

Kudos to all involved, I hope she has a crack next year.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:34 pm

It was moving to read the items on the CFC website.

Good on her. Hope she is able to make it back.

Thanks P4S

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:18 pm

I liked the interview she did on AFL360 when she first got to the club as well, as well as having her dad there with her on the set that night. I was excited for her after hearing her story the first time, it is that story that I am glad there are so many youth leagues starting. Also the start of more senior comps for the girls to get a chance to make it to the AFLW in the future.

I really hope she can get another game, she seems to have a very good head on her shoulders, and would be nice to finish what she started in her journey.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
interested observer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Same here.

Awesome to see that even after all of this she still had that beaming smile and tears of joy for her club and teammates when they won their first game and sang the song.

Well done Kate and bigger things to come for you I reckon. Media and TV beckons.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:36 am

Yep, well posted. I find AFLW hard to watch with enthusiasm, but fair play to the women who do it and I hope it succeeds for their sake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: