Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Foxtel and Village are Bullies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm
Post subject: Foxtel and Village are BulliesReply with quote

They rather Bully People then Actually Fix the Problem with getting more People to go to Cinema's and Buy DVD's. Buy stop Raising the Prices but that mean less Money for the Board Members

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/piracy/village-roadshow-announced-an-aggressive-fivepoint-program-for-combating-piracy/news-story/5b7de45b6a1aae0ee7d80f983196e756

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dave, but it is not "bullying" when someone takes your product without paying for it and you seek legal remedies against them.

I understand that you want prices lowered, but the fact that I think bicycles are too expensive does not entitle me to take one without paying for it.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 am

I do not think the price is the only problem, but the waiting in Australia for the release of some movies. Some of the movies over in America have been out for 2-3 months and have yet to come to Australia yet. The wait time for a lot of TV shows is annoying as well, even though they have started to fast track a lot of them there is still a great deal of wait for many.

The focus of Foxtel and also Village is on the money they lose by people downloading perhaps they can see why people are downloading aside from getting it for free. Most want to go to the movies, most want to watch them on TV but they do not want to wait for them to be released and want the distributors to fix the problem. The prices to go the movies turn me off a lot, I'll probably never go to another movie at the cinema again unless I get discounts and stuff. My downloads are often older movies, not recent. If I can get them on DVDs I get them first, and not download. But if I cannot find them, or they are a bit too pricy I download until I can.

I have Stan and Netflix if there was an ability to stream newer movies faster I would never need to download same with the newer TV shows. You are never going to stop people from pirating stuff, you can block this site, that site, every site they are going to pop up people are going to keep doing it. You have threatened to sue, they have tried to sue already on one movie and failed the threat of that didn't stop anyone.

A lot of people are finding alternatives to Foxtel nowadays, opting to cancel their subscriptions or reduce their packages as they have Netflix, Stan, and a few are watching their sport through other means. Perhaps Foxtel looking at the content they do, and do not have and then look at how they do and do not deliver a lot of it can reduce the numbers opting for Netflix, and Stan without being petulant children about them taking over from them.

Clearly Foxtel's PR department saw the bad idea in the whole suing over the streaming of the fight so they backed off and forced apologies, and made them post said forced apologies that they had written. They knew that these people would never sincerely apologise so the opted for the forced. I do not believe they are bullies for wanting to make more money from us, and wanting to prevent them losing money I think if we were all in the same boat as these companies we would be wanting to prevent the theft of our services for free as well.

I just think they need to learn how to deliver their content better, and start to repair the damages done by downloading. Give someone a reason not to download and seek out VPN's and illegal ways to download stuff. Village not having recent movies in a timely fashion has lead to many seeking them online since they are out there and they're able to download it. Had them movies not been taking three months to appear at the cinema they'd have been able to have them people in the movies.

TV shows taking forever to come on the screens and lagging behind the United States has seen many seek out downloading. FreetoAir have also had this issue and have tried to combat it another way too. Time to try and fix something that is broken, and you will win people back, but threatening to sue those that download just makes them want to download more and find more ways to hide it. So many ways to hide it have made it so very much easier to keep doing it.

Turn a negative into a positive and find other ways to get your clients back, not alienate them with what you think is best for you by suing. While suing people recovering loses is justified and all, it's damages your image in public leading to more people looking for alternatives to your product.

Since the problem as to why someone chooses downloading still remains, you telling people how they can do it has added more willing to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 am

Village Roadshow are mostly all bark and no bite on this. Let's wait and see what happens.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Sorry Dave, but it is not "bullying" when someone takes your product without paying for it and you seek legal remedies against them.

I understand that you want prices lowered, but the fact that I think bicycles are too expensive does not entitle me to take one without paying for it.

True but The Problem is they are not trying to Fix it. Instead are just making it Harder for People to get it.

That will just make people want to Pirate it More

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 pm

David wrote:
Village Roadshow are mostly all bark and no bite on this. Let's wait and see what happens.

How Little they can Sue For. They would be just about Losing Money by Suing.

They just bitch about losing money so I doubt they do it more

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:40 pm

The Prototype wrote:
I do not think the price is the only problem, but the waiting in Australia for the release of some movies. Some of the movies over in America have been out for 2-3 months and have yet to come to Australia yet. The wait time for a lot of TV shows is annoying as well, even though they have started to fast track a lot of them there is still a great deal of wait for many.

The focus of Foxtel and also Village is on the money they lose by people downloading perhaps they can see why people are downloading aside from getting it for free. Most want to go to the movies, most want to watch them on TV but they do not want to wait for them to be released and want the distributors to fix the problem. The prices to go the movies turn me off a lot, I'll probably never go to another movie at the cinema again unless I get discounts and stuff. My downloads are often older movies, not recent. If I can get them on DVDs I get them first, and not download. But if I cannot find them, or they are a bit too pricy I download until I can.

I have Stan and Netflix if there was an ability to stream newer movies faster I would never need to download same with the newer TV shows. You are never going to stop people from pirating stuff, you can block this site, that site, every site they are going to pop up people are going to keep doing it. You have threatened to sue, they have tried to sue already on one movie and failed the threat of that didn't stop anyone.

A lot of people are finding alternatives to Foxtel nowadays, opting to cancel their subscriptions or reduce their packages as they have Netflix, Stan, and a few are watching their sport through other means. Perhaps Foxtel looking at the content they do, and do not have and then look at how they do and do not deliver a lot of it can reduce the numbers opting for Netflix, and Stan without being petulant children about them taking over from them.

Clearly Foxtel's PR department saw the bad idea in the whole suing over the streaming of the fight so they backed off and forced apologies, and made them post said forced apologies that they had written. They knew that these people would never sincerely apologise so the opted for the forced. I do not believe they are bullies for wanting to make more money from us, and wanting to prevent them losing money I think if we were all in the same boat as these companies we would be wanting to prevent the theft of our services for free as well.

I just think they need to learn how to deliver their content better, and start to repair the damages done by downloading. Give someone a reason not to download and seek out VPN's and illegal ways to download stuff. Village not having recent movies in a timely fashion has lead to many seeking them online since they are out there and they're able to download it. Had them movies not been taking three months to appear at the cinema they'd have been able to have them people in the movies.

TV shows taking forever to come on the screens and lagging behind the United States has seen many seek out downloading. FreetoAir have also had this issue and have tried to combat it another way too. Time to try and fix something that is broken, and you will win people back, but threatening to sue those that download just makes them want to download more and find more ways to hide it. So many ways to hide it have made it so very much easier to keep doing it.

Turn a negative into a positive and find other ways to get your clients back, not alienate them with what you think is best for you by suing. While suing people recovering loses is justified and all, it's damages your image in public leading to more people looking for alternatives to your product.

Since the problem as to why someone chooses downloading still remains, you telling people how they can do it has added more willing to do it.

Like TV Shows of South Park,Simpsons and Family Guy. Out in America Last Year but we are still waiting for it here in Australua

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Mugwump wrote:

If the bicycle belongs to a Tom Cruise or Harvey Weinstein I think we can all let it slide.

They spend more on lunch.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:27 pm

A better analogy is whether it's ok to put their bike in a duplicating machine and clone it, so they get to keep theirs and you get a free copy.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:29 pm

David wrote:
A better analogy is whether it's ok to put their bike in a duplicating machine and clone it, so they get to keep theirs and you get a free copy.

Can't you do that with a 3D Printer Wink

npalm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:39 pm

^ A better analogy but not really accurate.

It should be something like:

I sell bikes. If cloning machines didn't exist I would sell 100 bikes next year. But cloning machines do exist and as a result Dave and his mates clone 500 bikes next year and I only sell 50 bikes.
I've lost 50 sales (not 550).

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:08 pm

npalm wrote:
^ A better analogy but not really accurate.

It should be something like:

I sell bikes. If cloning machines didn't exist I would sell 100 bikes next year. But cloning machines do exist and as a result Dave and his mates clone 500 bikes next year and I only sell 50 bikes.
I've lost 50 sales (not 550).

Does Dave sell them Bikes Cheaper?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm

He makes cheap copies!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 pm

think positive wrote:
He makes cheap copies!

Then he might not lose as many Sales as the Person who brought the Cheap Copy might never of Brought it at Full Price then

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Can you remember any time that [quote] Then he might not lose as many Sales as the Person who brought the Cheap Copy might did it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: