Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

You know you're back on Nick's when ...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:35 pm
Post subject: You know you're back on Nick's when ...Reply with quote

It's round 1 of pre-season and some posters have already given up on the season
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.....some posters gave up on the season after the women lost to carlton.....wtf??? I love this site, it's a riot!!!

MONCO: Your life.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:47 pm

The Fights between different Fans
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:30 pm

It's great to have something in common with so many.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:43 pm
Post subject: Re: You know you're back on Nick's when ...Reply with quote

dalyc wrote:

The way some of the negative nellies post, I sometimes wonder why they even bother. If every thing is shit, and you know that because you didn't watch it, maybe you should be seeking counselling or give up not watching

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Meanwhile other Collingwood supporters are declaring our club as the 2017 premiers already (according to Kevin Bartlett):

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-fans-getting-ahead-of-themselves-says-kevin-bartlett-after-premiership-declaration-following-preseason-win/news-story/d2b5743fad615d5918132833d4c0eadd

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:10 pm

You'll have extreme on both sides. For every loon that throws in the towel after preseason game 1, there's another loon thinking we're top 4 certainties.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
Meanwhile other Collingwood supporters are declaring our club as the 2017 premiers already (according to Kevin Bartlett):

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-fans-getting-ahead-of-themselves-says-kevin-bartlett-after-premiership-declaration-following-preseason-win/news-story/d2b5743fad615d5918132833d4c0eadd

Laughing Laughing

Who writes this shit?! I haven't even seen a highlight from the game yet, it was a practice match Cool

(The Coooolllliiinnnnggggwoooood chant didn't really go up.... did it?)

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
You'll have extreme on both sides. For every loon that throws in the towel after preseason game 1, there's another loon thinking we're top 4 certainties.

And there's you god help us! Laughing

www.facebook/the hybernators
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:35 am

Bucks5 wrote:

KB talking more bullshit.

The myth of Collingwood supporters getting ahead of themselves at this time of the year rears its ugly head again.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:43 am

3rd degree wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

And there's you God. Help us! Laughing

Fixed.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:47 pm

Providing we are not yet again, for the umpteenth time, decimated by mass injuries, I'm pretty positive, for me a top six spot beckons.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

The myth of Collingwood supporters getting ahead of themselves at this time of the year rears its ugly head again.

True.Any Collingwood supporters talking about premierships after one pre-season win are clearly joking.I'm sure they're not being serious.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:55 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

True.Any Collingwood supporters talking about premierships after one pre-season win are clearly joking.I'm sure they're not being serious.

I'm not so sure, given we heard the Col-ling-wood chant mid way through the last quarter as if it was a Prelim Final. It was pretty embarrassing.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:02 pm
Post subject: Re: You know you're back on Nick's when ...Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
dalyc wrote:

The way some of the negative nellies post, I sometimes wonder why they even bother. If every thing is shit, and you know that because you didn't watch it, maybe you should be seeking counselling or give up not watching

If you're speaking of people like me, whoever said "everything is shit"? I've never seen anyone say anything like that. Personally I think the coach is a joke. He's easily the worst performed in the game, I don't remember a coach who took a side from top to 12th with worse results each year for 5 years who was given a 6th. It certainly hasn't happened at Collingwood.

That, however is FAR from "everything". We have the best list in the game & have beaten everyone apart from Hawthorn more than once, and we'll rectify that this year. If Thursday is any guide ALL our debutants, from Dunne to Daicos will be as good as our previous 3 years of imports. Since 2013 our ability to turn imports & kids into stars is the best in the game. From Grundy onwards nearly all of our recruits have succeeded well beyond expectations, with last years crop blowing minds. Treloar, Aish, Crocker, Wills, Phillips & Smith showed amazing things last year. Its frankly hard to believe the last 4 have less than 40 games between them, Phillips in particular looked like a future captain on Thursday, which was particularly interesting given that we rested 3 of the best mids & arguably the best ruck in the game
My problem is that this side, with winners in every line, will once again be lucky to make the 8 when they should easily make the 4.
I knew Buckley would be a disaster, as did many others, but I promised to support him while the season was on, and I did. However by the end of 2013 it was obvious to anyone with a clue. If more folks here had a clue he'd be gone & our new coach would be in his 2nd or 3rd year, hunting down flag 16, and attendance & membership wouldn’t be at GWS levels.

But don't worry, eventually even he has to get the idea, just do as little as possible, except swap anyone getting flogged, and let the players take care of it.
The players, the recruiting & list management, & the player development staff are doing great work. The only big problem is the Coach, and to a lesser extent the President who won't shift him & spends way too much time on celebs, TV, and Womens Football.

That's hardly everything. But lets be honest, what you really want is no one holding different opinions from yours.
Sorry.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: