Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Illegal downloading – is it illegal?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. How do you assume this statement holds true for me?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:52 pm

think positive wrote:
If waiting an hour or two for a tv show, or even longer, is your biggest problem, your doing ok!

Pirate away if your comfortable with it, but don't whinge if you get caught

Not Talking about Hours we are talking about Days and Weeks and Even Month.

Well has anyone Australia been Arrested for Non-Commerical Piracy?

All they Can sue you for is a Loss of Sail and what sue you for $15-$30?

Foxtel was thinking of Doing it but Changed there Mind when they Knew they be Losing Money Laughing

If you going to be Negative you are Adding Nothing to the Conversation

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
think positive wrote:
If waiting an hour or two for a tv show, or even longer, is your biggest problem, your doing ok!

Foxtel was thinking of Doing it but Changed there Mind when they Knew they be Losing Money Laughing

So if no one has been convicted what are you whinging about? Like I said if your comfortable breaking the law keep doing it.

And I'll remind you of that last line about 5 million times during the season! Cheers

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:18 pm

think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
think positive wrote:

So if no one has been convicted what are you whinging about? Like I said if your comfortable breaking the law keep doing it.

Hey I am 1 of 100's of Millions that are Comfortable about it

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:37 am

think positive wrote:

I can admit my impatience in waiting for some shows, but I am looking at them to buy on DVD once they're out just been waiting a bit for that. I try to limit my downloading. If I cannot find it on Netflix or Stan, and cannot buy it then I download it until I can. I have found one in the United States but have to wait until I can afford the extra money being that it is in US dollars plus the double price of shipping. Which isn't too bad considering.

I got a few movies from Cash Converters cheap after the Rosny store closed so that has helped me avoid some downloading I'd love some cheaper options to getting movies though, either on DVD or legally download. Probably won't happen though. But it would be nice.

I think that there are so many that aren't going to wait though, even though I think they should at least give it a week and watch. But I do not think that there are many people in today's world that wish to wait to watch things, at least in Australia.

I found many that had been saying they were downloading these things because it took so long to get these two movies to Australia after they were delayed and delayed and then delayed again. Which came to my suggestion of the finding a way to fast track some things and having them available the same time as the US, maybe that would curve some downloading at least of most TV shows.

I am not sure about movies though, I would think maybe cheaper tickets at the movies would help get people there and not downloading them from the internet. Cheaper DVD prices maybe or offer a cheaper rate on legally downloading them and then maybe some will go that option. I think there will always be pirating though, even though some will get caught people won't stop.

Which is why I have suggested there needs to be other options then trying to threaten people because it's obviously not working people are still downloading despite the fact they could face jail and massive fines. Seems none of these potential threats have worked at all. I can understand the annoyance and wanting to make an example of these people, but I think they need to keep looking at other options.

Maybe getting themselves a better public image might see a few more want to buy the content and not be downloading but I still see downloading happening as there are a lot that love the fact they can get stuff for free and not have to ever pay.

It'll be interesting to see what the future holds for some that are downloading and the companies that are not liking the downloading and are losing money.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:17 am

Until someone is actually taken to an Australian Federal Court, convicted and damages awarded I would not stress. The industry will have people doing a cost benefit analysis and it will go like this. They grab Joe Blogs, unemployed from Sunshine and charge him. They then take him to a Federal Court and let's say for example he is found guilty and he has to pay $1000 in damages. I would suggest they spent at least $50k on legal representation as they wish to make a point and are awarded costs as well. The fact Joe Blogs does not have any money or assets means they are $50k out of pocket and Joe Blogs will be on a payment plan for the rest of his life. No winner in that example. It would be more likely to run like this. Joe Blogs would be taken to court and as it was only for his personal use and he did not make any profit from the said offence, no charge recorded and an official warning. Once again the industry are out $50k. Australia is a nation built by convicts, it's our right. RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:21 am

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:

I can admit my impatience in waiting for some shows, but I am looking at them to buy on DVD once they're out just been waiting a bit for that. I try to limit my downloading. If I cannot find it on Netflix or Stan, and cannot buy it then I download it until I can. I have found one in the United States but have to wait until I can afford the extra money being that it is in US dollars plus the double price of shipping. Which isn't too bad considering.

I got a few movies from Cash Converters cheap after the Rosny store closed so that has helped me avoid some downloading I'd love some cheaper options to getting movies though, either on DVD or legally download. Probably won't happen though. But it would be nice.

I think that there are so many that aren't going to wait though, even though I think they should at least give it a week and watch. But I do not think that there are many people in today's world that wish to wait to watch things, at least in Australia.

I found many that had been saying they were downloading these things because it took so long to get these two movies to Australia after they were delayed and delayed and then delayed again. Which came to my suggestion of the finding a way to fast track some things and having them available the same time as the US, maybe that would curve some downloading at least of most TV shows.

I am not sure about movies though, I would think maybe cheaper tickets at the movies would help get people there and not downloading them from the internet. Cheaper DVD prices maybe or offer a cheaper rate on legally downloading them and then maybe some will go that option. I think there will always be pirating though, even though some will get caught people won't stop.

Which is why I have suggested there needs to be other options then trying to threaten people because it's obviously not working people are still downloading despite the fact they could face jail and massive fines. Seems none of these potential threats have worked at all. I can understand the annoyance and wanting to make an example of these people, but I think they need to keep looking at other options.

Maybe getting themselves a better public image might see a few more want to buy the content and not be downloading but I still see downloading happening as there are a lot that love the fact they can get stuff for free and not have to ever pay.

It'll be interesting to see what the future holds for some that are downloading and the companies that are not liking the downloading and are losing money.

Cheers I Like the way you explained it. I agree about movie tickets, they are getting ridiculous.

the only shows I've ever been inclined to stream are sons of anorchy, (bought the DVDs as soon as I could!) breaking bad, ditto, and the walking dead. Now that's on Foxtel an hour after the USA,. I downloaded a couple of movies but I wasn't really comfortable with it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 am

Culprit wrote:
Until someone is actually taken to an Australian Federal Court, convicted and damages awarded I would not stress. The industry will have people doing a cost benefit analysis and it will go like this. They grab Joe Blogs, unemployed from Sunshine and charge him. They then take him to a Federal Court and let's say for example he is found guilty and he has to pay $1000 in damages. I would suggest they spent at least $50k on legal representation as they wish to make a point and are awarded costs as well. The fact Joe Blogs does not have any money or assets means they are $50k out of pocket and Joe Blogs will be on a payment plan for the rest of his life. No winner in that example. It would be more likely to run like this. Joe Blogs would be taken to court and as it was only for his personal use and he did not make any profit from the said offence, no charge recorded and an official warning. Once again the industry are out $50k. Australia is a nation built by convicts, it's our right. RRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Hahahaha sorry no chain marks here!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:25 pm

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:

I barley download any Movies and TV Shows at the Moment. Most Video's I download are off Youtube.

I also just buy my DVD's from Cash Conveters and 2nd Hand Stores Now

Movie Tickets just keep getting more Expensive so make it Harder to Justify going to the Theatre to Watch a Movie.

Companies need to Adapt and not Just Refuse to catch up with Technology and Just Blame Piracy for Everything that does not go right for the Movie

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Guys, loving the 6 pages of self-righteousness so far! My kinda peeps!
Not even the most recent Star Wars movies of late got me off my arse and back into a cinema. Haven't been to the cinema since The Hangover in 2009, and even then, that was just an attempt to get into a gals pants [which unfortunately failed, thanks for asking though...].
I'm happy to watch them at home once they get officially released on DVD.

Firstly all, have no remorse whatsoever for Hollywood, California.
Those studios have more money than God.
They do precious little for the poor or starving of this world.
I'm quite adamant that they are quite content sticking the majority of their profits up their collective noses in the form of cocaine.
Remember what the late great Robin Williams said back in the 80s: Cocaine. God's way of telling you you have too much money.

Are we agreed in that the majority of US television shows are sheer rubbish anyway? So what if some studios go broke? Find another career path like the rest of us had to when we lost our jobs in the 90s and later.
Would your world end if your favourite TV series ended due to lack of funding? No. You'd move on with your life.

And anyways, I was OVER watching advertisements interrupt what I was looking at every 5 minutes. I can tolerate the nightly news and ACA, but that's about it for free-to-air viewing. Apart from when the Pies [and other AFL] games are on live, and the odd session of the cricket.

Truth be told, we all watch way too much TV anyway.
We really should have better things to do with our spare time...
like maybe talk to random strangers on the internet?!

Having said all that [here we go Dyso, you great shameless bullshit artist...], guess who just signed up for Foxtel today for the first time?!
$99.00 per month for Foxsports, adsl broadband and home phone [+ install costs etc].

https://www.foxtel.com.au/get/broadband-bundles/200gb-sport.html

Dogs at Telstra failed to match the offer, so they are getting the arse; $120.00 per month for broadband and home phone and NO Foxtel - f*ck off parasites!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Cinemas are made for the vertically challenged. Unless I go gold Class then it has to be a good movie as I get pissed off at paying top dollar for crap.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:21 pm

I haven't been to the movies since I took my daughter and a neighbours kid to watch the 2nd LOTR movie. I've got 2 gold class tickets in my bag that the boss gave me that I'm not going to use.

It's not just movies, but the way TV shows are buried. A FTA station will buy the rights and if it doesn't rate well they bury it on one of their channels.

I started watching series 1 of gotham on 9, then lost it when they buried it somewhere. Found it and series 2 on Netflix then couldn't find series 3 anywhere til it popped up in a late night spot on Foxtel which I now have on series record.

I'm not adverse to paying for content. If providers would make it easy, timely and inexpensive to watch legally, I'll do it.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:38 pm

think positive wrote:

Cheers I Like the way you explained it. I agree about movie tickets, they are getting ridiculous.

the only shows I've ever been inclined to stream are sons of anorchy, (bought the DVDs as soon as I could!) breaking bad, ditto, and the walking dead. Now that's on Foxtel an hour after the USA,. I downloaded a couple of movies but I wasn't really comfortable with it.

I only ever really download Gotham and American Horror Story both of which I am content with also buying once they are available. I bought a few TV shows from Cashies the other day they were either $1 or $2 because they have a lot of stock with the closing of another store.

I haven't been to a cinema in a very long time, last time I went was Jurassic World in which I was invited by a friend was meant to go see Finding Dory but the car disagreed with wanting to go there so couldn't see it with her. Gold Class experience was quite nice though, pricy though but nice.

Prices are so bad though, I joined Village club to try and get cheaper tickets, it was better that way. It would be nicer if they lowered the prices more may even go see the movies.

They had a drive-in at the showgrounds, but they were charging way too much to go and view the movie it wasn't even a recent movie either. It failed and they haven't tried it since.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 pm

think positive wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Hahahaha sorry no chain marks here!

take hubby to one of those shades of grey movies and report back. Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:50 pm

If I were him and faced with such a situation, I'd chain myself to the house!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: