Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Illegal downloading – is it illegal?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question, is illegal downloading illegal.

I'm not a lawyer nor an expert on copyright law, but that's what the argument hinges on, copyright law.

Under Australian law, as I understand it, people who share on torrent sites may be breaking the law, people who download for personal use, not so much. But that's under Australian law, I'm not sure about US law and what reach that has into Australia.

Personally, the reason I download things is because I don't like going to a movie cinema and sitting with a group of people I don't know to watch a movie, I prefer to watch them at home and I usually CBF waiting for the DVD to come out. if it's actually good and i like it, I'll often buy the DVD or the Blue ray for the better quality.

Until the movie industry gets with the program and starts making content more available and less expensive, people will find a way around them. I don't hold out any hopes of a resolution any time soon as anything that impacts the movie studios profits will be heavily resisted.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:

I'm not a lawyer nor an expert on copyright law, but that's what the argument hinges on, copyright law.

Under Australian law, as I understand it, people who share on torrent sites may be breaking the law, people who download for personal use, not so much. But that's under Australian law, I'm not sure about US law and what reach that has into Australia.

Personally, the reason I download things is because I don't like going to a movie cinema and sitting with a group of people I don't know to watch a movie, I prefer to watch them at home and I usually CBF waiting for the DVD to come out. if it's actually good and i like it, I'll often buy the DVD or the Blue ray for the better quality.

Until the movie industry gets with the program and starts making content more available and less expensive, people will find a way around them. I don't hold out any hopes of a resolution any time soon as anything that impacts the movie studios profits will be heavily resisted.

You have to wait awhile for this Generation to get into Place that can Change this.

At the moment is mostly old Codgers who don't know much about Technology just sooking and crying as they want more money.

98%-99% of Pirates are only doing it for Personal Use

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:34 pm

You think only "old codgers" are greedy? I look forward, then, to the systematic dismantling of capitalism as the "old codgers" die out. Should be a hoot.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You think only "old codgers" are greedy? I look forward, then, to the systematic dismantling of capitalism as the "old codgers" die out. Should be a hoot.

Absolute hoot. When I retire ( and I will) I'll be sitting back watching. As long as interest rates and the share market stay up, I can afford popcorn.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Absolute hoot. When I retire ( and I will) I'll be sitting back watching. As long as interest rates and the share market stay up, I can afford popcorn.

I would hope so but you never know Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

What's the "cut off" age for becoming an "old codger"? Is it when you can no longer jump over a speeding Lambo that's bearing straight at you? If so, we may have a new sport (or, at least, I might).
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Jumping high enough isn't a problem, timing would be.

Make you a deal. I'll try it, you drive. If i live I get the Lambo. Cool

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Now I've got the popcorn Cool
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:32 am

I saw this done in Sydney a few years back with Clarkson driving the Gallardo and a British Olympic athlete doing the jumping. He survived (just). So they made him do it again. Best of 3 Stui?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 am

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

You have to wait awhile for this Generation to get into Place that can Change this.

At the moment is mostly old Codgers who don't know much about Technology just sooking and crying as they want more money.

The part of this 'this' generation that want to sit on their arses watching pirated shows on TVs and internet systems paid for by the old codgers who work for a living? Ok then, that should be good!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:21 pm

think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

The part of this 'this' generation that want to sit on their arses watching pirated shows on TVs and internet systems paid for by the old codgers who work for a living? Ok then, that should be good!

Maybe they should Treat Aussie better with there Media and not Treat Us Like Shit. Then things Might Change

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8xrgLqQZ8
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8xrgLqQZ8
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Maybe they should Treat Aussie better with there Media and not Treat Us Like Shit. Then things Might Change

Dave, apart from the fact my post went right over your head, you really don't get it do you? Nothing is free. Someone pays for every part of every show, and shows are made so people can earn a living, no other reason, they may enjoy their jobs but they still have to eat.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:55 pm

I think there needs to be someway to make more pay, and less download, I think there are a few that are downloading mainly because they want better access to the movies and shows they are downloading. Or they want a better price on things, rather then paying a lot of money for movies.

I prefer to wait awhile and then buy a movie, but I do download it first, as mentioned in a previous post. I am not against paying, just want a reasonable price. I would love to go to the cinema as well, but the price at the moment is way out of the price range of me and all.

I think once we fix the issues of distributing movies it might help a lot I do believe there are some that would rather get shit for free all the time, but some of us would rather pay but do not want to pay way too much.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: