Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies run all over Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good summary and yes still need to get defence sorted which Reid may bring something to it

We still overposses but thought I saw some improvement

Agree Mayne may not fit but get Elliot ,WHE with last nights display and Faz/Darc picking up the pace thats a hell of a forward srtucture

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 am

Thought Schade showed a fair bit of promise, had a lot of composure.

Feel for Sinclair, he looked raring to go. We really need his pace off the half back line this year so hopefully its not too bad.

Mayne is easily in our best 22 by the way, settle down people...

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:23 am

Stinga wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Did anyone else catch that "Hand of God" moment from little Daics that resulted in De Goey's goal in last quarter. I think he's going to be okay for us!!! Smile

Indeed!

Strictly speaking, it was a "Hand of the Son of God" moment, but it was a nice moment, nevertheless. Good catch!

"Hand of the Son of God" - good one MB!!!
Laughing

Jesus looks like a very smart footballer. Clean hands and class in heavy traffic. Subtle but promising debut from the Son of God.

I like it..I assume its pronounced 'Hey-zus'?

Is there a replay available at all?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:40 am

Donny wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Josh Smith - 22 disposals, 15 kicks, 7 handballs, 11 marks - 93 DT points.

The epitome of underrated.

He and Crisp were the best of any of our players, with a significant number of disposals, for disposal efficiency. Both around 82%.

Next best was Blair. 76%.

Worst were Phillips and Greenwood. Around 63%.

Go Blair!
Philips and greenwood surprised me, I thought they looked better than that, how much of the ball did they have Though?

The best: Jamie's mark and goal, I actually got tears I was so happy! So relieved. And Fazs goal too. (Played like a millionaire? I didn't see it, played smart, doesn't want to get hurt again). Mayne is a really good pickup, but WHE, oh my goodness who didn't cheer when no. 32 kicked a brilliant goal on the run! I turned to my bandwagonbulldogbloodypremiershiptshirthatwearing hubby and said 'WOW can't remember the last time no. 32 did that!" (Junior is in Cairns, I needed a designated driver) (trav, I was pissed the way you were treated last year, sad you left, but seeing you in that scuzbucket jumper the other day, you can get £$%$ed)

And then he did it again! Classy, so classy. Shame Daics didn't get a goal, but we are not really a get the fairytale team, but you can't miss him, has his old mans legs!

Great to see Scharenberg out there, I can't even remember seeing him play!

The good: beat the drugsters, (and the booos! So many feral bummer fans in amongst our end, they were giving it to us, and then the Jobe booos started! So glad he missed, otherwise could have been embarrassing. I booed because they pissed me off!) two outside 50 goals, some nice goals apart from that too, only one awful shouldabeenagoal miss, and no clokemedication needed.

The bad: we still need a defensive general IMHO. Hopefully it will be Adams. That awful awful awful kickin, ugh, and apart from that he wasn't bad! Also, it was fricken freezing!how can that be in February!

R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:02 am

De Goey, Daics, Wil, Big Cox's tap work, Elliot ++

Negative: We are persevering with the 'leave your man to get to the contest' zone rubbish. Can work against sloppy, slow teams but even against Essendon last night created too many 'loose man' over the top plays.

The coaching staff have about 3 months left to sort it out. I have my doubts.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:16 am

We're building for the start of the season but I don't think we'll be at our best till about mid season. Almost a new team out there last night. Teammates still learning about each other's game. The key to our success on the field will depend on keeping a healthy list on the field. One dropped off last night (Sinclair). At times last season we were averaging the loss of one player a game. If we can't get players like Sier, Broomhead, Kirby and Wills, active and pushing for selection in the team and we suffer from injuries like we did last year, we'll be in trouble again this season. So it's vital every player on our list contributes to the success of the team.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:29 am

R_T_RUSH wrote:
De Goey, Daics, Wil, Big Cox's tap work, Elliot ++

Negative: We are persevering with the 'leave your man to get to the contest' zone rubbish. Can work against sloppy, slow teams but even against Essendon last night created too many 'loose man' over the top plays.

The coaching staff have about 3 months left to sort it out. I have my doubts.

We dropped men back into the defensive zone in the last 10 minutes and we won the game, so that's not rubbish footy mate. That's modern footy and Buckley isn't Robinson Crusoe.

Also Essendon is far from the best team in the competition but they aren't the slowest team in the comp either. We beat a fast team last night.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:39 am

Did anyone else notice that both of DeGoey's last quarter goals were extracted from the pack and delivered (in the second case via Blair as an intermediary) by one J. Daicos ? This boy looks very interesting indeed !!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 am

2 things.
1. Diacos will be an excellent player.
There were a couple of examples last night which just showed class.
2. De Goey will be an A grader soon.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 am

Apart from some sloppy mid game footy, we looked OK.Loved Mason Cox.He's going to be something very special I think.It was good to see him get to plenty of contests.I'm thinking that WHE has a "Small" touch of Fabulous Phil about him and I guess we can only hope. Degoey was brilliant and should shut up a few of the knockers.Agree that Phillips needs some penetration in his kicking but he knows how to get it and will only improve if his numbers stay like that. Aishe was good and he keeps his head over the ball.A bit underrated I reckon.Dunne is better than than Brown and Frost put together and neither of them ever kicked a goal like that.Great to see Billy back.We really missed him last year. Faz just needs to stop being such a smart arse or he might find himself in the 2's.Permanently!!Daicos was superb and it was great to hear a 'DAICS" call from the crowd in the last 1/4.
Turnovers are still a problem, but I think with peddles ,Adams and Treloar back, that will sort itself out.I'm happy with what I saw and I'm looking forward to seeing our best 22 in full flight.I think we'll take some beating.And to whoever said it would only have been 5 points except for the 2 nine pointers, it would have been 10 without them paying goals for hitting the post.And then we had that fat arsed muppet Jonathan Brown,saying they should allow a goal if it hits the post and goes through the goals???
Bad luck to Sinkers.I hope he recovers but he isn't in my best 25.Neither is Goldsack.I think our backline is going to be just fine.
Well done lads.You beat the dopers and that is always good.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:36 am

Mugwump wrote:
Did anyone else notice that both of DeGoey's last quarter goals were extracted from the pack and delivered (in the second case via Blair as an intermediary) by one J. Daicos ? This boy looks very interesting indeed !!

I did Very Happy I think Blair has been a bit unfairly treated here. He was always there and always in and under and got a few hard ball gets and out to a team mate.
69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:54 am

Generally good all round effort. Not getting carried away, a lot of work still to be done. 5-6 reasonable players to come in for the next game, so after that we will have more of an idea. Turnovers expensive, but, how many goals did we kick from stoppages - a hell of a lot more than last year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:09 am

Jezza wrote:
Josh Smith - 22 disposals, 15 kicks, 7 handballs, 11 marks - 93 DT points.

The epitome of underrated.

Good game but I'm still to be convinced he's a defender.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 am

Hard to gauge just how well we are going based off one game where both teams rested star players.

But there were plenty of positives;

De Goey; Brilliant at the clearances and showed the ability to break away from packs, which has been the main criticism of him, his lack of pace. Will be a A grade mid if we play him there and not at half forward.

Josh Smith; Just gets better, I wondered if he would just stay at the level he played last year but judged on 2 games (intra club and last night) he's improved. Lock him in for round one, coaches pet.

Lynden Dunn; Maybe not as defensively good one on one as a Brown or Frost, but makes up for it with better skill and decisions under pressure whne he gets the ball. Handy fill in for 2-3 seasons down back.

Hoskin-Elliott; The Elliotts (Will and Billy) will transform our forward line from a mess to elite. Well worth the future second round pick.

Sidebottom; Showed more leadership in one pre season game then he has maybe ever. Loved that he was having on field conversations with younger players throughout the game. Then just tore Essendon to bits when it counted in the last quarter. Injury permitting will play 300 games for us.

Plenty of other positives with the only negative being Sinclair's injury.

Nice start, now to continue training hard for two weeks before the whole club heads to Mandurah on March 4th for the double header.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:12 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Didn't see a single defensive mistake from Maynard. On the other hand there were a couple from Goldsack, a shocker from Dunn and two or three from Schade.

Yep, I'm a little less critical of players who make mistakes taking the game on which is generally where Maynard errs. Kid has 29 senior games to his name so he'll improve markedly in this area as he gains further experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: