Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies run all over Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
courtza 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Degoey very good
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Don't you just want to win every game we play, regardless if its a praccy match. I was content to go half arsed and lose, but, white line fever gets us all. Glad we fired up in the last and stole an unlikely win. DeGoey looked good and was the most impressive I guess. Not sure if we showed signs of improvement though, probably need a few more game first. Nice to beat the peptide kings.

MONCO: Your life.
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Very encouraging start. The nine pointers evened up the hit the post goal they were given. Tay Adams was excellent in the commentary box. Looking forward to seeing ya in Mandurah Tay. And all of ya's!! Very Happy Very Happy

WHE WOW! Mason became a factor, Tom Phillips reminds me of Scotty Burns. Jordan De Goer, Josh Daics, all encouraging. Good luck recovering Ben Sinclair, you deserve a break.

Go 'Pies

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Always nice to win, and spread of goal kickers was great. It's only one game, but we look better without Cloke. Ball movement was so much better too,

but

Up til 3/4 time, Bombers kicked 10 goals from Collingwood turnovers which isn't good.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Turnovers still hurt us times . Fab 5 out of the midfield to come back in is a good sign.
Stinga 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Did anyone else catch that "Hand of God" moment from little Daics that resulted in De Goey's goal in last quarter. I think he's going to be okay for us!!! Smile

Indeed!

Strictly speaking, it was a "Hand of the Son of God" moment, but it was a nice moment, nevertheless. Good catch!

"Hand of the Son of God" - good one MB!!!
Laughing

Jesus looks like a very smart footballer. Clean hands and class in heavy traffic. Subtle but promising debut from the Son of God.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Did anyone else catch that "Hand of God" moment from little Daics that resulted in De Goey's goal in last quarter. I think he's going to be okay for us!!! Smile

Indeed!

Strictly speaking, it was a "Hand of the Son of God" moment, but it was a nice moment, nevertheless. Good catch!

now now, according to the scriptures of the poster that shall not be named (his head is big enough already), on the day before the first day, Daicos created God.

So Josh is, strictly speaking the son of the father of god. SOFOG for short.

Razz Wink

Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm

It's always good to beat those drug-cheating flogs, but tonight rings a note of caution for me.

From (my admittedly suspect) memory, last year we had a pattern of being down early in the preseason matches, and then coming back to win - if not in all three matches, then in a couple.

At the time that gave me some optimism for the season ahead. However I think there's a danger that opposition sides might put the cue in the rack once they've done what they had to do. Everything seems to be working, why take unnecessary risks?

Tonight followed that same pattern, the Bombers had us under control and then rested some players and we came back to win. Great, but this wasn't a performance that I was all that happy with.

After last year I don't think I'll take a relaxed breath until I see the results of round one.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Wouldn't read anything into the result. We handed Essendon the game in the third quarter when we took players off. They handed the game back to us in the last quarter when they took players off. Pity about Sinclair who was playing well when he got injured (why didn't we take him off the ground at half time?).
The recruitment of WHE could turn out as significant as the recruitment of Treloar. Daicos is the crumber we have been craving for, but I'd be surprised if he gets games in 2017. Schade could be a player but needs to do more work on his one on one body work to be an effective key back.
Like the body work of De Goey who is heavier than last year but hasn't lost any pace. Cox, Crisp and Phillips rounded out our best players. Keeffe started out a bit rusty having missed 2 years out of the game, but soon settled down. He took the ruckwork in preference to White and was significant in our comeback in the last quarter.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 pm

Didn't see a second of it but it's always better to win even if in the scheme of things it means diddly squat for season proper.

Always good to see old eel face suffer another loss and I hate Essendon so good start to the year.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:28 pm

Captain's victory.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:32 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
. Keeffe started out a bit rusty having missed 2 years out of the game, but soon settled down. He took the ruckwork in preference to White and was significant in our comeback in the last quarter.

He looks so fit, which is an absolute credit to him. Yeah, it was a plus being able to swing him into the ruck, to give Coxy a break, but still leaving White free to roam around the forward half.
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Only caught the second half, De Go Go with the big last qtr looks to have put on some size, loved his inside work. Greenwood is a monster in the trenches and terrible when he has it in space, so weird. Happy to have the footy back!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Are we keeping Sinclair to use the parts? I can't believe he got injured again.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:39 pm

courtza wrote:
Degoey very good

He Won us the Game with the last 2 Goals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: