Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie to remain club president until 2020.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Damien wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Damien wrote:
35forever wrote:
Nope! No accountability, doesn't have to worry about results, memberships, attendances. He can just concentrate on what he does best. Squiring whichever celebrity is in town, and making sure his mate stays as coach until he wins one or dies.

Might be a long 32 years.

Yeah right. No accountability. Yeah he would be one on the most unaccountable people going around. I'm sure Ed doesn't spend every spare moment he has thinking about all those things you mentioned. He clearly doesn't care and must be in the job for the money. Almost 20 years of service for not a cent for his 'other family' as he describes it. 🙄

We all know Eddie gets no direct financial benefit from being the Prez.
But my god, as Eddie Everywhere in the media.... the position of Prez has been a gold mine for him in terms of exposure and connections.
I just love the naive defense of Eddie in this thread.

Actually, I believe the opposite applies. Collingwood have benefited a great deal more from Eddies profile in comparison to Eddie benefiting from being the CFC President.

Exactly! There certainly are some naive people on here. Ed's paid gigs have been a major reason that sponsors have flocked to us ever since his early days on the footy show. Some people really do have it arse-about don't they.

Absolutely, the biggest Club in the Country would be struggling desperately for sponsorship deals if it wasn't for Eddie, blind Freddy can see that...fair dinkum, do you actually believe that tripe? You would have been drinking down that Kool Aid at Jonestown like it was mothers milk!

Just remember, the position of Collingwood Prez may be unpaid, but it has a hell of a lot of prestige, leading the most famous sporting club in the Nation. I have no doubt it cuts both ways, and has opened a few golden doors for eddie. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Eddie's failed Woman experiment

4 games - 4 losses

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:32 pm

MY last comment on this issue, is simply, if we fail yet again to make the Finals, I really cannot see how eddie can stay on at this seasons end. Bucks will walk, which is what real man does, he has conceded this fact. No Finals yet again, and we need real change at the top, not just the coach. This is a line in the sand year, we have to play Finals, period. If we fail again, Eddie should do the right thing and move on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: