Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie to remain club president until 2020.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
A bit concerning is that there seems to be nothing else out there, not even a hint of a challenge. Not even a half brother? Shocked

Even I can't support the less well known McGuire brother.

tumblr_inline_n90tieuMC11qj37jb.jpg

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:06 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you but I feel less passion for the club now than I did when I joined Nick's in 2008 and it's got me feeling angry.

With all due respect, to blame Eddie and Eddie alone for your current lack of passion and anger issues is a bloody loooong stretch. Many other far more relevant factors triggering it, I suspect.... Shocked Exclamation

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:13 pm

swoop42 wrote:
A bit concerning is that there seems to be nothing else out there, not even a hint of a challenge. Not even a half brother? Shocked

jeeesus, not the sharpest tool In the shed, one would think. Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:15 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Not seen for while. Traveled to Malaysia recently?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Perhaps our HAL should run for President ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:28 pm

You seem uncertain. It would be nice if our you should run for President.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Perhaps our HAL should run for President ?

HAL campaign came to a halt when a video was leaked of him saying the he "likes to grab other computers by the peripherals , they let you do it"

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:46 pm

What if it didn't happen?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
So Ed still has no Accountability?

Nobody was stopping you standing against Eddie Dave.

Like I would stand a Chance and Then I would have to find Board Members.

Maybe we can get some together on here and we can run for the Board Wink

You have my vote Dave

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
For those who say Ed isn't accountable, anyone can nominate to run against him.

My view is he's done a great job for the club on every metric except one. Premierships. I don't believe that's for lack of trying, but something hasn't worked.

20 years is a long time in a leadership role like this. part of me doesn't want Ed to go, another part thinks new blood would be good.

Changed your tune a little...happy to sink the slipper at people who suggest he has had long enough, and then co-adopt the idea for yourself..the Eddie runs deep in this one perhaps.

For what it worth, I applaud the rubber stamping of another term for 'Pappa Doc' Ed, and I think he see's the need for some succession planning.....how old is Ed's oldest now? Couple more years and he will be ripe to take over the reigns

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Redlight wrote:
5150 wrote:
Great news.

Best person for the job.

We don't realise how lucky we are, how many other candidates out there have the profile, time and cojones to lead one of the biggest sporting clubs in the country for no income.

Absolutely agree. I'm shocked at how many posters on here fail to appreciate the incredible job he's done, and continues to do, for Collingwood. He is the best president in the AFL by a country mile.

There will be plenty of time to look back, wistfully, on the good-old-days when Ed was president, when we had a powerful voice in the media and the AFL.

Plenty of weaker presidents let him do the heavy-lifting on the behalf of all the (particularly Victorian) clubs. Brisbane's concessions, Sydney's COLA cheating, the academies, the concessions for the new clubs. Who else has the balls and the clout to fight those issues on behalf of, not just the Pies, but all clubs?

Don't wish him away you pack of ingrates. Smile

It looks to me like Joni Mitchell should've been a Nick's poster, she might've talked some sense into you lot - 'Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone'.

Hows that working out for you? King-Kong-gate, Ice-bath-gate....yep, good to have a Pres in the media alright..Whats the name of the Bulldogs President again?

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:00 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Until someone can show me a better candidate than Eddie then as far as I am concern Eddie has the job if he wants it. I am a firm believer in getting the best man for the job and at the moment it is Eddie.

I also would have to say that those that judge Eddie by the number of premiership wins are completely off target and irrational. Certainly, the ambition of every club, player, servant and member is to win the ultimate success but there are far too many factors that are outside of the clubs or an individuals control for it to be a fair benchmark. How would like to see your professional evaluation based on something out of your control? Sound a bit unfair???

Eddie is not perfect and I am sure he rubs us all the wrong way at times. At the same time, he brings a lot to the table and his impact and contribution to the club cannot be diminished.

So member when the band plays crap it is not the conductors fault?
After all the conductor in this case is also the band manager, chief organizer and spruiker.
SOUNDS a bit off.....

I have no idea why you still bother Thompsoc

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:04 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

On the flip side if the ball had bounced the other way and a goal was award to Milne in the drawn 2010 Grand Final, Eddie would have been a worse president.

So Member you are saying luck is often a big contributing factor.
And we have had overall less than our fair share of luck.
This argument has been trotted out numerous times over the last few years.
See Lazza re injuries!
I don't buy it.
I look at it like climate change scientists do on climate warming.
Every extreme individual event cannot be directly linked to climate change but the overall trend of multiple extreme events can be.
And the overall trend of Eddies reign has been one of cronyism, bad admin, bad decisions both on and off the field.
Eddie did a good job in his first few years.
He cleaned out the cronies from the last admin and made some good decisions.
But now the old problems of long term political power has again raised the flag.
This happens everywhere.
I like that old saying;
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!
I am a firm believer in a fixed time limit for any Prez, prime minister, Ceo etc....

But such a view in deemed anathema on this board, despite being the corner stone of all democratic organisations since the days of Athens...

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Damien wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Damien wrote:
35forever wrote:
Nope! No accountability, doesn't have to worry about results, memberships, attendances. He can just concentrate on what he does best. Squiring whichever celebrity is in town, and making sure his mate stays as coach until he wins one or dies.

Might be a long 32 years.

Yeah right. No accountability. Yeah he would be one on the most unaccountable people going around. I'm sure Ed doesn't spend every spare moment he has thinking about all those things you mentioned. He clearly doesn't care and must be in the job for the money. Almost 20 years of service for not a cent for his 'other family' as he describes it. 🙄

We all know Eddie gets no direct financial benefit from being the Prez.
But my god, as Eddie Everywhere in the media.... the position of Prez has been a gold mine for him in terms of exposure and connections.
I just love the naive defense of Eddie in this thread.

Actually, I believe the opposite applies. Collingwood have benefited a great deal more from Eddies profile in comparison to Eddie benefiting from being the CFC President.

Exactly! There certainly are some naive people on here. Ed's paid gigs have been a major reason that sponsors have flocked to us ever since his early days on the footy show. Some people really do have it arse-about don't they.

Absolutely, the biggest Club in the Country would be struggling desperately for sponsorship deals if it wasn't for Eddie, blind Freddy can see that...fair dinkum, do you actually believe that tripe? You would have been drinking down that Kool Aid at Jonestown like it was mothers milk!

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Damien wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
^^^^

There is nothing at all stopping any Collingwood member from nominating and being elected to the board in any years that Ed has been President.

Here is the other line being run by the Ed lovers.
Anybody can be president of the good old USA or even CFC!
Anybody who thinks by just putting up your name and a few policies will get you elected is really stretching the truth.
Have you ever heard of factions, alliances, money, family and other powerful influences.
We have 70000 thousand so called members but a lot of them have no voting rights. Non whatsoever!
Collingwood has been notorious over the years with the control of the Board.
Afterall, we had very strong links with the Australian Labor Party
and they are champions of controlling pre selections.
The Board has come to an agreement to keep Ed as Prez until 2020.
And I guarantee Ed will have his replacement ready and able when he finally leaves.
Most of these Board replacements are a stitch up.
Only when deep divisions come along within the board or the members go crazy will there be any real chance of a change of direction.

I bet if you were in the states you'd be one of those 'sore loser' Hillary supporters protesting because you don't like the result. Anyone eligible could have put their hand up and run against Ed but nobody had the guts or could be bothered getting off their ass and be prepared to put in the hours required gratis. End of story. Get over it and support your President.

Exactly

When Eddie got his group together back in 1998 they were no guarantee of being successful with any of their ideas , but Eddie got on with anyway.

In 1998 Eddie was just a sports reporter , 5 year host of the footy show , and footy triple m radio match caller.

When did he have spare unpaid time to be President.

But hid did

And to this day no one has come close to even giving up as much unpaid time as Ed has for this club the past 18 seasons.

Indeed..just a sports reporter....not the financial whizkid the hivemind declare him to have been...or is it he got that experience and knowledge while on the job? Which is it Team Eddie?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: