Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Footscray evacuated

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using my mouth for Good not Evil.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Did well today Cloke. Happy for him to do well at the Bulldogs.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:55 pm

I don't begrudge anyone normally but I don't want him to do well? He basically gave up on the Club and instead of putting his head down and working his way back into form he left. I guess the thing that bugs me the most is he is a great player on his day and we got zero for him.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:31 am

Stevo75 wrote:
I don't begrudge anyone normally but I don't want him to do well? He basically gave up on the Club and instead of putting his head down and working his way back into form he left. I guess the thing that bugs me the most is he is a great player on his day and we got zero for him.

maybe if the fans weren't such disloyal pigs to him for such a long time, his desire to do right by us might have been increased.

he owes us nothing. His so-called fans sledged him mercilessly and relentlessly instead of supporting a guy who had been a champion and helped deliver us one and nearly 2 flags (over three wonderful seasons for Collingwood fans).

I love people who now act all aggrieved. As in "how dare Cloke do this to us after all the support we showed HIM!"

Grow up!

Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks for that E. I would consider myself a true supporter and don't bag the players or coach at every chance I can get. I don't even know why people bother going on here to do so and should get a life! I always liked Travis and while he frustrated me at times he will always be a premiership hero to me. I guess we'll never know the real reason he decided to go but we should have got something decent for someone of his ability.
You're right too he doesn't owe us fans anything. He owed his team mates plenty though after some of his efforts last year!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:23 am

E wrote:
Stevo75 wrote:

maybe if the fans weren't such disloyal pigs to him for such a long time, his desire to do right by us might have been increased.

he owes us nothing. His so-called fans sledged him mercilessly and relentlessly instead of supporting a guy who had been a champion and helped deliver us one and nearly 2 flags (over three wonderful seasons for Collingwood fans).

I love people who now act all aggrieved. As in "how dare Cloke do this to us after all the support we showed HIM!"

Grow up!

So you teleport your self to the game every week do you? You might want to try it, because quite frankly that is a load of crap. He always always got support at games from the fans, us fans that is, he got plenty of cheers, and I don't ever recall any boos even at the worst miss kick. I'm sure he copped a bit from the sidelines, but tell me a players name that never has. I've been to a fair few training and fan days too, and have never seen one person have a shot at him. Unless he is dumb enough to read fan forums he wouldn't know.

IMO The only person that totally lost faith in him, and didn't give him the chance to redeem himself was the coach. Now what's his name again? You can't kick goals from cooee up the wings no matter how good you are. But by the same token, what did he try to do to fix his kicking himself? And if you can honestly answer 'heaps' well my reply is, he triedthe wrong things. I didn't want him gone. I'm sad he's gone, but it's done. If he didn't have the stones to stay and fight it out, to try and get back to his glory days, then stuff him. At least we ain't wasting a kings ransom anymore, because he's cost us far more than he was worth the last few years. Was that partly the coaches fault? Until/unless Buckley is gone, we won't know the answer to that until another coach has a shot with our list. I'm probably more on the "perceptive fellow" side now, but it's been a long time coming. I want to believe so badly but I've just not seen much to convince me, in all honesty.

As for Cloke, thanks for your part in the premiership, now get stuffed and start splaying it again. He owes the fans nothing you say? Well I don't owe him anything anymore either. As for his kicking, he let everyone down, himself included, and if a summer as a bulldog has suddenly completely fixed it, well golly me, that sure says something about someone's character, I'm just not totally sure who's.

(Oh wow, that's funny, love the swear filters efforts! BTW it was a sack word!)

Last edited by think positive on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:25 am

Stevo75 wrote:
Thanks for that E. I would consider myself a true supporter and don't bag the players or coach at every chance I can get. I don't even know why people bother going on here to do so and should get a life! I always liked Travis and while he frustrated me at times he will always be a premiership hero to me. I guess we'll never know the real reason he decided to go but we should have got something decent for someone of his ability.
You're right too he doesn't owe us fans anything. He owed his team mates plenty though after some of his efforts last year!

Yep owed his teammates plenty.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:55 am

Cloke was being paid a handsome salary, so I think it was reasonable from supporters to expect him to live up to that price tag and reciprocate the financial investment that we placed upon him.

Still early days whether the Bulldogs can reignite his career, but there's no regrets from me that he's gone. We became too predictable with him up forward and I think the move was the right one for both parties concerned.

Cloke needed a fresh start, and Buckley and the coaching staff obviously were not impressed with him for whatever reason. Whether this was the coach's fault or whether Cloke had shortcomings is something I can't ascertain at the moment.

Cloke has been on a decline since 2014 so I don't think he'll ever relive the form that he displayed between 2011-2013, but time will tell I suppose.

The only time I recall a few boos toward Cloke was in 2012 when contract talks were stalling, otherwise supporters unequivocally supported him and wished him the best in every match he played with us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: