Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Live stream of the intra club match.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was very impressed with the ball transition from defence to attack. Still worried about the reverse of that but hopefully they are still working on it.

Ball use was impressive even late into quarters where we struggle.
Sharenberg, Aish, Pendles, Adams, Cox where the stand outs for myself.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 am

themonk wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
For Rd 1:
Crisp - tick
Goldsack - ?
Aish - tick
Grundy - tick
Cox - ?
Ramsay - tick
Sinclair - tick
Dunn - tick
Mayne - tick
Scharenberg - no
Schade - no
Wells - ?
De Goey - tick
Varcoe - tick
Blair - tick
WHE - ?
Sidey- tick
White - tick
Elliot - tick
Fasolo - tick
Phillips - tick
Lynch - no
Mackie - no
Moore - tick
Adams - tick
Maynard - tick
Greenwood - tick
Howe - tick
Treloar - tick
Pendlebury - tick
Smith - tick

All this from a 75 min stroll in the park in 35 degree heat?

For some like Pendles, Grundy and Treloar, a 75 min stroll is enough to get you a game in Rd 1. Others are going to have to fight for it, but Elliot, Faz, Ramsay and Aish looked primed to play the first round. To me it is all about experimenting with defensive and forward set ups to come up with the right combination for round 1. Learned a little bit from last night such as Phillips continues to impress and Daicos just gets better every time you look at him. Schade is a good defensive unit but sits behind Dunn for a spot in the 22. And old stagers like Goldy, Blair and Greenwood aren't spent yet. Having watched a bit of other teams train, I think we're got a lot of catching up to do before the first round so next week's game against Essendon is going to be a good test for the boys.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:43 am

That Daic's goal screams balance, awareness, poise and goal sense - apple apparently didn't fall far from the tree but it's a practice game with no pressure whatsover.

Treloar is something else, seems very intent on this preseason could be anything if injuries don't intervene.

Good to see Billy get through and look to be involved, anyone expecting screamers at this stage is seriously out there, fingers crossed.

Cox has improved again in the ruck but anyone expecting real mobility around the ground is waaay out there. Best option appears forward/ruck relief still.

DeGoey appears as intent as Treloar and may take the next step but needs to become a tad more 'slippery' in close.

A few glimpses from Shazza shows why we ante'd up #6 but don't expect miracles until at least after the bye.

Adams is damn good value, always knew he'd be a bull at the ball but his all round game continues to improve.

Aish is an enigma, when he's on you can see it's all there but then it slips away and he fades into the pack. If something or someone can make the penny drop and make him realize his potential we could have a wonderful player but for the present he remains a player of potential.

Howe seems destined for defence, despite those screamers in the forward line early on for the D's his composure and disposal coming out of defense is essential and invaluable.

No injuries a huge plus and a nice run out for the usual suspects to blow the cobwebs away.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 am

i liked the look of Sidebottom last night.
Would love to see him play as a forward/midfielder in a 50/50 role.

69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:50 am

Absolutely over the moon - sitting at work in Hong Kong just checked the website and there it was, LIVE!!!!!!! Oh joy, orgasmic joy. I know, I know, just a practice match but wonderful. Generally liked what I saw, understanding that it's intraclub (so let's not kill each other) and bloody hot. Some good ball movement, disposal looks better and very happy with the form of the recruits. Like Dunn, think he will add a lot, Schade interesting, Daicos exciting. Cox looked better, Phillips bullish, WHE could be anything, a bit like Aishe. Will be interesting next week against the dons, have a btter idea after that. Excited.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:08 am

I think Hervey summed it up best with this little bit and I quote:

" There was a bit to like with some of the new guys like Henry Schade, who did well, and Josh Daicos in his first hit out, so there was a bit to like from a fair bit of it. With the heat, the third quarter got a bit scrappy but there was a bit to like about the first half."

Bit to like about a report like that. Well done Herv's

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:37 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
That Daic's goal screams balance, awareness, poise and goal sense - apple apparently didn't fall far from the tree but it's a practice game with no pressure whatsover.

Treloar is something else, seems very intent on this preseason could be anything if injuries don't intervene.

Good to see Billy get through and look to be involved, anyone expecting screamers at this stage is seriously out there, fingers crossed.

Cox has improved again in the ruck but anyone expecting real mobility around the ground is waaay out there. Best option appears forward/ruck relief still.

DeGoey appears as intent as Treloar and may take the next step but needs to become a tad more 'slippery' in close.

A few glimpses from Shazza shows why we ante'd up #6 but don't expect miracles until at least after the bye.

Adams is damn good value, always knew he'd be a bull at the ball but his all round game continues to improve.

Aish is an enigma, when he's on you can see it's all there but then it slips away and he fades into the pack. If something or someone can make the penny drop and make him realize his potential we could have a wonderful player but for the present he remains a player of potential.

Howe seems destined for defence, despite those screamers in the forward line early on for the D's his composure and disposal coming out of defense is essential and invaluable.

No injuries a huge plus and a nice run out for the usual suspects to blow the cobwebs away.

Cox would leave Sandilands in his wake 100 times out of 100. How many times was Sandilands AA???
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Quote:

That does Summaries Aish a Bit. He has all the Tools but Had some 2 Games where he had 26-28 Touches last year but Had games where he was in and out of the Game.

Though I would not take a Ton out of Intra-Club. Moore showed next to no Intensity in the Intra-Club.

Do that and he takes his game to last night very Highly/

Quote:

Treloar only has 1 Gear and that is Full On

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Do what and he takes his game to last night Highly [quote]Treloar is something else seems intent on this preseason could be anything if injuries don't intervene?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:29 pm

I caught bits of the game on the iPad and will re-watch the three quarters shortly.

Does anyone know if this was live-streamed through the club Youtube channel?

I ask (more for the future, but) because it is easier for me to put that on my big screen than to AirPlay my iPad onto the screen. I know the ABL (baseball) does live Youtube games.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:41 pm

themonk wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
For Rd 1:
Crisp - tick
Goldsack - ?
Aish - tick
Grundy - tick
Cox - ?
Ramsay - tick
Sinclair - tick
Dunn - tick
Mayne - tick
Scharenberg - no
Schade - no
Wells - ?
De Goey - tick
Varcoe - tick
Blair - tick
WHE - ?
Sidey- tick
White - tick
Elliot - tick
Fasolo - tick
Phillips - tick
Lynch - no
Mackie - no
Moore - tick
Adams - tick
Maynard - tick
Greenwood - tick
Howe - tick
Treloar - tick
Pendlebury - tick
Smith - tick

All this from a 75 min stroll in the park in 35 degree heat?

And good on us if they let us take 23 players into round 1.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:52 pm

droversdog65 wrote:

I think we can forgive players fading in a practice match in 35 degree heat. I'm happy to take what he offered particularly in the 1st quarter when he and Treloar kept the grey side in it.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:17 pm

mudlark wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:

Cox would leave Sandilands in his wake 100 times out of 100. How many times was Sandilands AA???

Please point out where I disparaged Cox??

Just agreeing with others he's not as mobile as Grundy - as you would expect.

SHEEEEESH !!
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:23 pm

jackcass wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:

I think we can forgive players fading in a practice match in 35 degree heat. I'm happy to take what he offered particularly in the 1st quarter when he and Treloar kept the grey side in it.

NOT disparaging Aish but he seems to float in and out of games, some players are like that - won't matter so long as he keeps influencing the game when he floats in.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am

droversdog65 wrote:
jackcass wrote:

NOT disparaging Aish but he seems to float in and out of games, some players are like that - won't matter so long as he keeps influencing the game when he floats in.

Where did I suggest you'd disparaged Aish?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: