Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. AFLW. Pies down to Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Its NOT the real Collingwood team, who gives a rats ? Not me.

For someone who doesn't give a rats you're investing a lot of time and energy posting about it.

Yeh like quite a few others who share the same view as I do. Cool

Well 2-3 anyway, I guess that constitutes a few.

Of course, threads on subjects I don't give a rats about I don't even bother reading. Seems to me your actually quite obsessed about it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:23 am

watt price tully wrote:
The skills will develop. It was a wonderful occasion. Shame about the result.
I'm looking forward to womens league developing. .

That's a key point i think.

The league is basically a new born, just starting it's infancy.

Yes crowds will drop from the initial novelty, but the skills and spectacle will improve as more young women see it as a genuine pathway and athletic option.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:31 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Full Time Stats:

Carlton vs Collingwood
198 Disposals 163
112 Kicks 115
86 Handballs 48
9 Free Kicks 20
25 Inside 50m 27
11 Scoring Shots 6
59 Tackles 83
25 Rebounding 50m 18

Mona Hope with only 4 disposals (1 kick and 3 handballs) + 1 tackle. Has the worst DT stats of the entire Pies team with 17. Hope she can turn it around next week.

She reminded me of Anthony Rocca at his worst; here's hoping she can turn it around like the Big Ant was wont to do, cause she is on the best coin of the lot of them.....which is a pittance, it must be said

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Throw her into the ruck
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:22 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Throw her into the ruck

All 5'8" of her?

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:56 am

I enjoyed it even if it wasn't AFL standard. As others have posted, it will develop rapidly over the next few years. Having said that I think that we drafted poorly. A quarter of our team were over thirty, and two other 30+ women are also on our list. That being said, I was quite impressed by Cecilia McIntosh who at 36 is the oldest woman on our list.

I thought that the Carlscum women seemed faster and more athletic (and probably younger) than our girls and were more often first to the ball. Hopefully in the next few years girls will play football at school and in junior teams and will arrive on draft day with far greater skills than women footballers have today. This will benefit the game as a whole and if the Pies draft wisely it will benefit us as well.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:03 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Maybe, maybe not, so if the games are free, who pays the players then, cant be just sponsors ?? We have enough cash strapped clubs now, like the always skint Dogs and Dees, Norf etc, on the League tit, how can these clubs afford extra bucks to pay these players, they are struggling now to keep their heads above water, let alone have these extra expenses of this comp to pay for ?? Confused

Sponsorship, membership, media rights, etc. Have you seen how much these girls are getting paid? It's not exactly a king's ransom. And there is a fair bit of doubling-up going in the football departments, to spread the dollar that little bit further. The clubs who put bids in obviously believed they had the finances right to run a team, otherwise they would not have done so. And the AFL selected what it thought were the best business models to award licenses to.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:58 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Maybe, maybe not, so if the games are free, who pays the players then, cant be just sponsors ?? We have enough cash strapped clubs now, like the always skint Dogs and Dees, Norf etc, on the League tit, how can these clubs afford extra bucks to pay these players, they are struggling now to keep their heads above water, let alone have these extra expenses of this comp to pay for ?? Confused

Sponsorship, membership, media rights, etc. Have you seen how much these girls are getting paid? It's not exactly a king's ransom. And there is a fair bit of doubling-up going in the football departments, to spread the dollar that little bit further. The clubs who put bids in obviously believed they had the finances right to run a team, otherwise they would not have done so. And the AFL selected what it thought were the best business models to award licenses to.

So who is paying for the Bulldogs? Don't see how a club that gets handouts gets a licence.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Women's Footy has a long way to go. You have taken basically 4 teams and made eight so you have halved the talent pool. It's a step back but you now attract young girls to join. The AFL/Council/EFL and Footbll Victoria were not interested 4 years ago when I was involved in VWFL and all of a sudden they are interested. Crowds were great on the weeknd but lets put it into perspective. No Football at all so have a game and you will get people. Great Weather, no charge and it's an inaugural event. All good and it worked out great. The football is very negative as the talent and skills are not there as you have split the talent pool. In the VWFL - low scoring, one sided and the teams played each other 4 times and you were pretty much guaranteed a final. The media are in overdrive and lifting expectations. You have the u16 girls competition getting there but at least 3 years off, so that transpires to 6 years before those girls hit the main squads. Give it time and it will be competitive fast and exciting.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Culprit wrote:
Women's Footy has a long way to go. You have taken basically 4 teams and made eight so you have halved the talent pool. It's a step back but you now attract young girls to join. The AFL/Council/EFL and Footbll Victoria were not interested 4 years ago when I was involved in VWFL and all of a sudden they are interested. Crowds were great on the weeknd but lets put it into perspective. No Football at all so have a game and you will get people. Great Weather, no charge and it's an inaugural event. All good and it worked out great. The football is very negative as the talent and skills are not there as you have split the talent pool. In the VWFL - low scoring, one sided and the teams played each other 4 times and you were pretty much guaranteed a final. The media are in overdrive and lifting expectations. You have the u16 girls competition getting there but at least 3 years off, so that transpires to 6 years before those girls hit the main squads. Give it time and it will be competitive fast and exciting.

Female poster on BF (Carlton supporter if that matters) claimed that there are a number of more highly skilled 15-16 year olds on the horizon so potentially we'll see a marked improvement on the quality sooner than we may think.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I hope that's the case as 8 goal games are not good at any level of Aussie rules unless it's juniors.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:17 pm

I'd still rather watch the AWFL than Rugby 9s or 7s, or the soccer. It's an ideal period of the year for them to play.

Like Women's cricket, maybe the boundary could come in 10 metres at either end?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:48 pm

think positive wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

So who is paying for the Bulldogs? Don't see how a club that gets handouts gets a licence.

GOOD Question !! The welfare Dogs are still skint, as are the Deeees, so who shells out the coin to pay for it ?? And if it is these teams, how is if fair they still get handouts from the League ?? Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:52 pm

No I have not seen how much these girls are getting paid . What's it like?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:41 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Throw her into the ruck

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I reckon they should get Wallsy to commentate the women's games, it would be good for a laugh Very Happy

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: