Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Trump donated his $400k salary to rebuild military cemeteries today.

We won't see that on the news....

Maybe because it never happened, lol.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-salary-military-cemeteries/

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:53 pm

LOL indeed, he still donates according to that Snopes article, his entire salary, just in 3 month increments, and does it after tax.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 am

And we know this ... because of the mainstream media factually reporting it.

I'd be the last person to say that we shouldn't be sceptical of mainstream news. We absolutely should question what we read. But the problem with those who rely on 'alternative' news sources is that they only exchange one credulity for another and the things they believe on face value are invariably clumsier, less reliably sourced, or outright lies. Thank god we have sites like Snopes to patiently clean up that mess (though, of course, to alternative-news devotees, Snopes too is fake news...).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:04 am

Well here's some real news...

Quote:
Under Trump, the jobs boom has finally reached blue-collar workers. Will it last?

Growth in this sector is occurring at the fastest rate since 1984.

Blue-collar jobs are growing at their fastest rate in more than 30 years, helping fuel a hiring boom in many small towns and rural areas that are strong supporters of President Trump ahead of November's midterm elections.

Jobs in goods-producing industries mining, construction and manufacturing grew 3.3 percent in the year preceding July, the best rate since 1984, according to a Washington Post analysis.

Blue-collar jobs, long a small and shrinking part of the U.S. economy, are now growing at a faster clip than those in the nation's much larger service economy. Many factors collided to produce the blue-collar boom. Some are linked to short-term boom-and-bust cycles, but others may endure.

The rapid hiring in blue-collar sectors is delivering benefits to areas that turned out heavily for Trump in the 2016 election, according to the Brookings Institution, a shift from earlier in this expansion, when large and midsize cities experienced most of the gains.

The biggest drivers of the blue-collar hiring surge are the rebound in oil prices, the need to rebuild after disasters such as Hurricanes Irma and Harvey, and rising demand generated by a growing economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/09/under-trump-jobs-boom-has-finally-reached-blue-collar-workers-will-it-last/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.544ce8a959f9

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Jezza wrote:
Well here's some real news...

Quote:
Under Trump, the jobs boom has finally reached blue-collar workers. Will it last?

Growth in this sector is occurring at the fastest rate since 1984.

Blue-collar jobs are growing at their fastest rate in more than 30 years, helping fuel a hiring boom in many small towns and rural areas that are strong supporters of President Trump ahead of November's midterm elections.

Jobs in goods-producing industries mining, construction and manufacturing grew 3.3 percent in the year preceding July, the best rate since 1984, according to a Washington Post analysis.

Blue-collar jobs, long a small and shrinking part of the U.S. economy, are now growing at a faster clip than those in the nation's much larger service economy. Many factors collided to produce the blue-collar boom. Some are linked to short-term boom-and-bust cycles, but others may endure.

The rapid hiring in blue-collar sectors is delivering benefits to areas that turned out heavily for Trump in the 2016 election, according to the Brookings Institution, a shift from earlier in this expansion, when large and midsize cities experienced most of the gains.

The biggest drivers of the blue-collar hiring surge are the rebound in oil prices, the need to rebuild after disasters such as Hurricanes Irma and Harvey, and rising demand generated by a growing economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/09/under-trump-jobs-boom-has-finally-reached-blue-collar-workers-will-it-last/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.544ce8a959f9

The devil of course is in the detail (from the article quoted above)

...Small towns and rural America are finally winning a little, said Mark Muro, a senior fellow at Brookings, but he added: Very little of the favorable economic shift likely owes to President Trump's erratic flailing and bluster....

Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:37 am

America is becoming even more divided with the appointment of Kavanagh. I can't wait till they make abortion illegal in most of the States in the US. The Christian movement is booming thanks to Trump.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 pm

David wrote:
And we know this ... because of the mainstream media factually reporting it.

I'd be the last person to say that we shouldn't be sceptical of mainstream news. We absolutely should question what we read. But the problem with those who rely on 'alternative' news sources is that they only exchange one credulity for another and the things they believe on face value are invariably clumsier, less reliably sourced, or outright lies. Thank god we have sites like Snopes to patiently clean up that mess (though, of course, to alternative-news devotees, Snopes too is fake news...).

Snopes is trash when it comes to political stuff.

https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/Snopes-and-Facts

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

He spent $98k on prostitutes?

That's a hectic week or two.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:03 pm

^ Whether thats true or viciously defamatory, its pretty irrelevant. Why should we care who hes married to? Snopes had a well-earned reputation for diligent fact-checking long before right-wing fake news outlets emerged and decided that they were the enemy. And such resources will need to exist so long as people think that a badly designed Facebook meme is a quality source of information.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Trump loses financial records case.

https://amp.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/donald-trump-loses-financial-records-case/news-story/cd3bcc7e7ee1823707ee0d8eeffb7033

This could (potentially) lead to details proving Trump has transgressed / violated the constitution.

Follow the money. Hes been covering up more than his scalp. His failure to declare his taxes in contrast to most if not all recent POTUS has always invited suspicion given hus dodgy financial past.

Follow the money. If I was leading the Democrats I would always stick to money trail. Crooked Donald 😉

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Interesting piece on evangelical Christianity and Trump:

https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/the-political-theology-of-trump/

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/business/the-economy/trump-s-2-1-trillion-deal-with-the-devil-has-failed-20181108-p50eom.html
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Associate professor of Fire and Forest managment Donald make America rake again has (i know you won't believe it) done it again: You couldn't make this stuff up (it's not pizza gate)

"Trump ridiculed over advice to 'rake forest floors"

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/trump-ridiculed-over-advice-to-rake-forest-floors-20181119-p50gyd.html

Trump when questioned blamed it on the leader of Finland. Not even my kids at pre school blamed each other.

Good old Donny: Making Iran, Russia and Turkey great again.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:02 pm

California has dry, windy and often hot weather conditions from spring through late autumn that can produce moderate to devastating wildfires. At times, these wildfires are fanned or made worse by strong, dry winds, known as Diablo winds when they occur in the northern part of the state and Santa Ana winds when they occur in the south. Wildfires in California are growing more dangerous as people build in rural burn areas. United States taxpayers pay about US$3 billion a year to fight wildfires, and big fires can lead to billions of dollars in property losses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_wildfires

Of course, it's Trumps fault they built there Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Disneyland was built where it is due to the lack of rain.

That was a fair while back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 101 of 222   

Jump to: