Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

I Can't get my head fully around how Obamacare worked, but it was nothing like what we've got. May have been a step in that direction but the private health funds have such a grip on the whole system you'd have to be a very brave president to try to upset that.

The system is futterly ucked.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:18 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

I Can't get my head fully around how Obamacare worked, but it was nothing like what we've got. May have been a step in that direction but the private health funds have such a grip on the whole system you'd have to be a very brave president to try to upset that.

Obamacare got rooted because of the interference of the Republicans funded by the health funds.

Trump now has presided over a situation where millions will not have any health cover. Some of us were very concerned before the US election that this would be an outcome should Trump be elected.

This is merely the tip of the Iceberg. One of the ironies is that despite Trumps rhetoric during the election his policies will serve to operate against the interests of those who voted for him in terms of the so called deplorables.

I loved his curtsey to the Saudi Muslim Royals - remember how Obama was hectored by the right for bowing in front of the Saudi's. Donald Trumped him.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:57 am

watt price tully wrote:

I loved his curtsey to the Saudi Muslim Royals - remember how Obama was hectored by the right for bowing in front of the Saudi's. Donald Trumped him.

Laughing Jesus, a curtsey you reckon?
I just watched as he dipped down a bit so the midget could put, whatever it was around his neck.

**** me, you make me laugh sometimes Laughing

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:23 am

Comey's written statement and testimony - funny stuff. Did anyone else listen to or watch the testimony overnight?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Comey's written statement and testimony - funny stuff. Did anyone else listen to or watch the testimony overnight?

I did stumble upon it by chance.

The guy came across as honest, professional and highly intelligent.

He actually seemed liked a movie version of what an ideal FBI director would be.

I was impressed and what a shame a good man lost his job because of a flawed one.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:14 am

I watched the whole thing live, WPT. Lord knows why, I don't generally follow US politics. I echo Swoop's comment: a highly professional man.

Trump comes across as a greasy sleaze to whom corruption is as natural as breathing. The slimy way Trump tried to get the investigation stopped by alternately buttering up Comey and trying to make him grateful for not being sacked was sickening.

Being opposed to this weak, corrupt fool .... Putin must laugh himself to sleep every night.

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:16 am

Laughing like this?

http://gph.is/2cCsiOR

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 am

Dear Donald could you possibly build your wall around your country to keep your mob in - the rest of the world would be very very grateful!! Razz

The most loud annoying and stupiedist people you will meet anywhere ( and yet they think they are fascinating ) Rolling Eyes - all the different nationalities sitting around having a beer and a chat agreed - only took one septic for everyone to instantaneously be tired and off to bed! Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 am

Oops. Too much data.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:25 pm

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680

Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:52 pm

That's our Donald, all right.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:15 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Obamacare got rooted because of the interference of the Republicans funded by the health funds.

Trump now has presided over a situation where millions will not have any health cover. Some of us were very concerned before the US election that this would be an outcome should Trump be elected.

This is merely the tip of the Iceberg. One of the ironies is that despite Trumps rhetoric during the election his policies will serve to operate against the interests of those who voted for him in terms of the so called deplorables.

None of which was helpful.

After doing some checking, it seems like it's an example where government control actually works better than the private sector.

70% or thereabouts of the US hospitals are private NFP's. There is no public system that we could relate to, no government run health services except for a few community ones.

With no actual public health care network or system, the insurance companies and private NFP's run the show and the governments just tip money into a black hole.

The only way to fix that system is tear it down and rebuild. Renovation won't work, demolition and rebuild.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Americans have better survival rates than Europeans for common cancers.

Americans have lower cancer mortality rates than Canadians.

Americans have better access to treatment for chronic diseases than patients in other developed countries.

Americans have better access to preventive cancer screening than Canadians.

Lower income Americans are in better health than comparable Canadians.

Americans spend less time waiting for care than patients in Canada and the U.K.

People in countries with more government control of health care are highly dissatisfied and believe reform is needed.

Americans are more satisfied with the care they receive than Canadians.

Americans have much better access to important new technologies like medical imaging than patients in Canada or the U.K.

Americans are responsible for the vast majority of all health care innovations.

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba649
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Americans spend more per capita than any other country, yet can't get seen in an emergency without insurance or a massive bill afterwards.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:06 pm

More unnecessary, primitive violence which impairs, rather than facilitates, whole swathes of folks.

One can understand national blind spots based on peculiar histories and such, but that sort of aggressive re-imposition of hardship on people would be deemed brutal extremism anywhere else on earth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 36 of 222   

Jump to: