Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is repeating Dubya's mistake - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_United_States_steel_tariff
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:20 pm

AUSTRALIA is in limbo over Donald Trump’s trade war, but if we’re exempt it could be thanks to an unlikely saviour.

The US President has talked up the US-Australian relationship this morning, singling out Australia as an “ally” that may not face the steel and aluminium tariffs he is imposing.

Speaking to reporters this morning, he specifically noted Australia as a country that may receive a special deal.

“We have a very close relationship with Australia, we have a trade surplus with Australia, great country long term partner we’ll be doing something with them,” Mr Trump said.

He also said his administration would be “flexible” with the tariffs, and look at our trade relationships with other countries to determine who would and would not be affected.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/australia-may-end-up-avoiding-trumps-tariffs/news-story/4300f989e854b6baf31dab9676a51397

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:20 am

Jezza wrote:
Great progress made on this issue under Trump's presidency, unlike Obama who did nothing other than utilise his ineffective "strategic patience" policy for eight years while North Korea built up its nuclear arsenal.

Hopefully the meeting is not anti-climatic (if it reaches that stage) and an agreement of some sorts can be reached, which is beneficial for everybody concerned.

It's likely the sanctions are having an adverse impact on the rogue state which has prompted these latest developments.

I'm willing to bet nothing much will come of this.

North Korea wont be giving up their nukes as the US will demand and the yanks wont be leaving the South as little Kim would want in return if he was to even consider it.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:35 am

swoop42 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Great progress made on this issue under Trump's presidency, unlike Obama who did nothing other than utilise his ineffective "strategic patience" policy for eight years while North Korea built up its nuclear arsenal.

Hopefully the meeting is not anti-climatic (if it reaches that stage) and an agreement of some sorts can be reached, which is beneficial for everybody concerned.

It's likely the sanctions are having an adverse impact on the rogue state which has prompted these latest developments.

I'm willing to bet nothing much will come of this.

North Korea wont be giving up their nukes as the US will demand and the yanks wont be leaving the South as little Kim would want in return if he was to even consider it.

What odds are you offering ? It's clearly not even money, but we have little insight into the pressures acting on Kim (eg back channels and economic pressure from China). I don't think it'll happen, but it is a surprising offer and I would not be offering very long odds, were I you.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Australia is officially exempted from the US metal tarriff.

Donald Trump, Malcolm Turnbull hit on deal to exclude Australia from new US tariffs

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-10/trump-turnbull-working-on-tariff-exemption-agreement/9534984

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:00 pm

After Trump finishes his second term in office, I predict he will be rated as the best US president for 40 years or more once his achievements are reviewed.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 am

stui magpie wrote:
After Trump finishes his second term in office, I predict he will be rated as the best US president for 40 years or more once his achievements are reviewed.

I predict he will be seen as an embarrassment and an aberration. The dismissal today of Tillerson, one of few grown-ups left on his team, more or less clears the way for the cranky five year old to pilot the jet as he wishes. There is at least a Supreme Court and a parliament, so the whole squadron of state is not yet in peril, but this is the most chaotic, loose-cannon administration I have ever seen in a significant democracy.

He just fired the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs without speaking to him first. Shameless, spineless, amateur, weak. What a mess.

Last edited by Mugwump on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:23 am

Xi Jinping and Trump. Same Same but different. Both Dictators, just different Countries.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 am

Culprit wrote:
Xi Jinping and Trump. Same Same but different. Both Dictators, just different Countries.

Either you do not understand the Us political system, or you have not spent 10 seconds thinking about what you just posted. Because it is completely untrue.

It is very possible that Trump has those tendencies, but there are massive constitutional and legal barriers against that eventuality. It is why the US is so important for us.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:54 am

Both Xi Jinping and Trump remove those who don't agree with them. Same same but different.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am

Obama removed people who disagreed with him too, including the current, highly respected Secretary of Defence General Mattis.

Try going to China and saying something bad about Xi in the street and see how long until you get dragged off. Trump is smashed daily all over the media; both social and legacy and people say what they want about him all over the country.

Your comparison is inane.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:19 am

^ agreed, Wokko. A post which apparently stems from not understanding the concept of dictatorship vs a constitutional democracy with clear separation of powers and free speech. From such ignorance liberty sickens and dies.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:09 pm

If you only want people that agree with you and say yes to you and remove those that oppose you, I am pretty sure you can be defined as a Dictator.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:00 pm

It's the executive branch, they serve at the pleasure of the President, it is totally up to him who works for him. He appoints everyone in the executive in the first place and can fire any of them except the VP.

There is a bicameral Parliament and Supreme Court; otherwise known as the separation of powers. This is the very antithesis of a dictatorship. Trump CANT make laws beyond executive orders pertaining to the various departments that report to him. He can only sign or veto laws after they're passed by Congress. It's a Republic, not a democracy and certainly not in any way, shape or form a dictatorship. The Constitution was created to protect against it, including the 2nd amendment.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Obama, who certainly held some dictatorial tendancies and subverted power to the executive at every turn was pretty vocal about the lack of power that the President really has.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 75 of 222   

Jump to: