Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best 22 for 2017: First of many I am sure

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
nashy17 wrote:
I think you will find Sinclair in the side come round 1. I get the sense that the coaches like him. It is perhaps because he breaks the lines and breaks the game open.

That and a DE% around 80%

he should be in the best 22 (at least until he gets within 5 meters of someone else being tackled - the sonic boom of the tackle is likely to cause him another concussion).

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Picking our best 22 is a some what futile experiment as there is so many variables still unknown to all of us.
I get the desire for us all to be armchair selectors I really enjoy it personally.
Until I have answers to the following questions I can't select what I would consider our best 22
How will Ramsay Scharenberg Langdon Elliott come back from injury
How quickly can Thomas Keefe pick up the pace of afl again
How long will it take Wells Dunn and rookies recruits to learn and be part of the game style we want to play
What is the game style we want to play

All of these are important questions
Also will the coaching stuff give favourable consideration to those players who played last season late
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:20 pm

These are my definite starters (assuming fitness), and those in the mix for selection, depending on form.

Backs: Reid, Dunn, Scharenberg, Ramsay, Maynard, Howe

Mids: Grundy, Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Wells, De Goey, Aish

Forwards: Moore, White, Elliott, Fasolo, Mayne

In the mix: Varcoe, Hoskin-Elliott, Crisp, Cox, Smith, Langdon, Greenwood, Wills, Keeffe.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
These are my definite starters (assuming fitness), and those in the mix for selection, depending on form.

Mids: Grundy, Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Wells, De Goey

In the mix: Varcoe, Hoskin-Elliott, Crisp, Cox, Smith, Langdon, Greenwood, Wills, Keeffe.

For round 1, I'd take Scharenberg, Ramsay and Dunn out of the back 6. The only locks I can see are Reid, Manyard and Howe.

Mids, add Aish

Forwards, remove White as he and Cox have an equal chance depending on pre season form and how the coach wants to structure up.

varcoe is right on the cusp of a lock, just depends where, similar for greenwood.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 am

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Mids: Grundy, Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Wells, De Goey

For round 1, I'd take Scharenberg, Ramsay and Dunn out of the back 6. The only locks I can see are Reid, Manyard and Howe.

Mids, add Aish

Forwards, remove White as he and Cox have an equal chance depending on pre season form and how the coach wants to structure up.

varcoe is right on the cusp of a lock, just depends where, similar for greenwood.

I forgot Aish. I've added him in.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:56 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Mids: Grundy, Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Adams, Wells, De Goey, Aish

I'd have Crisp, Smith, Wills and Varcoe as definite starters as I can't see anything they have done wrong over summer that would cause them to lose their spot in the team that played against Hawthorn in the last home and away game.
npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:28 pm

I don't get why so many people have Scharenberg in their best 22. Sure, he was a low pick and he showed some potential in his AFL games but he has only played 4 senior games. At this stage of his development he is not in our best six defenders. If fit, blokes like Varcoe, Ramsay, Maynard, Sinclair, Langdon are more experienced and are better players (at the moment).

Hopefully, he'll get a clear run with injuries and build up 50 games of experience over the next 2-3 years. If he does, I'm sure he'll be a very good player.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Well I might as well throw my opinion in as well.
I'm going in a different direction to most posters who use the theroy assuming everyone is fit.
I going with the guys I think will start round 1 allowing for those coming back from injuries time to build real match fitness in the seconds and earn a senior spot.

B. Maynard. Dunn. Howe
HB. Varcoe. Reid. Smith
C. Treloar. Wells. Aish
HF. Mayne. White. WHE
F. Sidebottom. Moore. Fasalo
R. Grundy. Pendlebury. Adams

Int. Crisp. Greenwood. DeGoey. Goldsack

Yes there will be changes to the side for sure from this but picking players who have missed large chunks of last season or all of last season without being truly match fit I think is a mistake.
I've gone with Goldy on the bench for his versatility he can go forward or back and his hard at the ball.
I've tried to mix runners on each line and have at least 1 ver you'd kick on each line.
It's anyone's guess what the side will look at come round 1 so there's my guess
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I'm going in a different direction to most posters who use the theroy assuming everyone is fit.
I going with the guys I think will start round 1 allowing for those coming back from injuries time to build real match fitness in the seconds and earn a senior spot.

B. Maynard. Dunn. Howe
HB. Varcoe. Reid. Smith
C. Treloar. Wells. Aish
HF. Mayne. White. WHE

Yes there will be changes to the side for sure from this but picking players who have missed large chunks of last season or all of last season without being truly match fit I think is a mistake.
I've gone with Goldy on the bench for his versatility he can go forward or back and his hard at the ball.
I've tried to mix runners on each line and have at least 1 ver you'd kick on each line.

Your entire centerline and half forward line was traded into the club. In fact 12 of your starting 22 were traded into the club. Our trading policy is mocked a lot, but gee, where would we be without it!!!!

R.Barham 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:36 am

Maybe, Elliot will be introduced back into the side via the VFL????
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

B. Maynard. Dunn. Howe
HB. Varcoe. Reid. Smith
C. Treloar. Wells. Aish
HF. Mayne. White. WHE

So what's happened to Wills? Averaged around 25 possessions and 10 tackles a game in 2016 and hardly missed a training session over summer, yet most people can't fit him into the 22.
NthQldMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Why do most nicksters have Moore at FF, with his endurance and mobility wouldn't he be perfect for CHF? Big Cox at FF for me, he'll clunk a few and provide a contest that our crumbers can feed off plenty of other times. I like the sound of Elliot, Faz and Sidey together roaming the fwd line collecting those crumbs and at some point young Daics as well.
Also prefer Cox as the 2nd ruck, he already offers more in the contest than White. Hope to see some improvement in his defensive play this year, he's a fast learner where as white has peaked and will not play in our next flag.
Greenwood easily ahead of WHE in the starting side ATM. WHE has a lot to prove pre season before he can be considered for the seniors.
Gotta love a good 22 discussion I must say!!

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:23 am

darcy doesn't actually have good endurance... yet.

& going by training reports, I tend to agree re Greenwood ahead of WHE. Though again, our pace drops down even more. Despite being in the system for 5 or so years, he still seems to need to earn his place. Could say the same re Goldy & Shaz...
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:16 am

foreigner wrote:

Also, anyone know why Treloar and Mayne left early?

They had to get to dinner with Lara Bingle.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:28 am

[quote="NthQldMagpie"]Why do most nicksters have Moore at FF, with his endurance and mobility wouldn't he be perfect for CHF?

FF and CHF do not exist any more but tradition dictates that a team is named with positions. In the current style of game you are either a tall forward, a medium forward or a small forward and you play high or low at different times of the game.

What position would Hawkins at Geelong play? In their last final last year he commenced in the goal square then ran defensive of centre (together with the rest of his team) each time the opposition had the ball. He was never back in the goal square by the time the ball returned as he wasn't quick enough, and didn't have the aerobic capacity, to get there. I don't know what position he played, but it wasn't FF or CHF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: