Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Good luck or bad luck? Glass half full or half empty?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:14 pm
Post subject: Good luck or bad luck? Glass half full or half empty?Reply with quote

Sometimes good or bad luck is just a matter of perspective.

I leave tomorrow on holiday, yesterday morning the remote control for the heater wouldn't work. Tried stuffing around yesterday morning then left it alone. tried again last night, couldn't get it to work so opened the front and resorted to manual.

(yes, there were batteries in the remote and they were working)

So this morning I got focused. Read the instructions, turned power off, tried to reset it, nada. Even tried the internet for troubleshooting. Nada. So I gave up and rang the place i bought it.

In the front is where the receiver is for the remote control. Pull that open, replace the batteries, reset the receiver to link with the transmitter and all good. Not an overly easy task, needing the reading glasses and torch to see what I was doing, 4 hands would have been helpful.

Anyway, bought new high power batteries and did the receiver and the remote so both are good for a while. Then, while quietly swearing to myself about the shit timing, farting around with this the day before I fly out for a week, it occurred to me.

yeah, it was a PITFA, but if it happened 2 days later while I was away and mum was here on her own, she would have been screwed. Zero chance she could have fixed it and, to be honest, minimal chance either of my kids would have figured it out if she actually rang them for help.

So, what I first took to be shitty luck, I realised was actually good luck. It may have been a serious nuisance but it would have been worse if it happened 2 days later.

So, good luck v bad luck, just a matter of perspective?

Anyone got any other examples?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going good luck and karma for mum who obviously had her hands full and deserves to be warm and comfortable! Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:16 pm

If she wants to be warm she should turn the fkn heater on in the back room like she's been told instead of sitting there with a blanket until the clock hits an arbitrary time.

FMD I've told her 100 times, I pay the utility bills, if you're cold turn on the heater, if you're hot turn on the aircon. It's not fkn hard.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:26 pm

^ grumpy old bastard bet she's looking forward to you going on holiday! Razz

Olds have a different mentality - my mum is the same - mum it's bloody cold in here turn the heater on!! No it's too early I'll put it on at later! Mum you have leukaemia you need to keep warm I'll pay for it if that is your worry. No I can pay my way I'll put another jumper on if I'm cold - ok says I Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:32 pm

hah.

Took her to to Doc this morning to get her flu shot and pills then grocery shopping for while I'm away. After loading up on veges and stuff, took her to the fresh microwave meals.

She's now got enough food in the fridge for 10 days, not counting all the stuff in the freezer.

I normally buy her 2x 5l casks of goon each Saturday. Last saturday she wanted 4. i say FMD I'm only going away for 5 days, are you going to drink 10 litres of wine in a week?

Yes.

Ok, 4 casks it is.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:33 pm

What's your favourite store?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Yeah I get that - the logic is something to behold isn't it! Laughing

Scott flys out to Zimbabwe Sat am - so a couple of days ago he did all the lawns for her and last night she rang and was desperate for him to come change light globes etc for her which he did today- not that they were not working!

It's seems that none of us 5 kids are capable of changing light globes Very Happy and with her usual tact well " you don't what might happen he might get killed by poachers" - hmmm thanks mum Shocked Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:55 pm

I need a break.

the kids are going to come see her on Sunday for mothers day.

The only way I'll be wishing anyone happy mothers day on Sunday is if I pick up a MILF at the courty. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Snapped a big filling off my back tooth today,

Better today than Tuesday, as we fly out Wednesday, I'm a half full thinker!

(No swoop, thinker, not drinker!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: