Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New rule?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
There was a match at Arden Street in the late 70's when a North player had a set shot from a long way out. Ron Wearmouth climbed onto a defender's shoulders - it may have been Bill Picken but I could be wrong about that - and stopped the goal. Of course it was penailsed, but very funny at the time.

Yes I remember that and you are spot on, it was Ronnie Wearmouth on top of Billy Picken!!! Geez, we laughed Razz Laughing Smile

Redcraze Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:30 pm
Post subject: Re: New rule?Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Redcraze wrote:
My father used to maintain that, in a situation where the final siren had gone, the margin was 5 points and one team had a free kick from 50 yards out there was nothing to prevent the defending team from forming a human pyramid in the goal square. Any comments?

No. That would be your grandfather. Smile

Hello and welcome to the 21st Century, by the way.

No. He definitely said "yards". I'll bet you a quid.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 pm

jayaykay wrote:
Yes, true! I do recall this rule was brought into effect after the Brisbane Koalas tried it on during a game against the Dogs, late 80s I think. Not sure if it was that, or the mass of Bears supporters on the ground which put off Beasley's kick! :p

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNigUF-oYk

From the Footy Almanac:
"A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player or a Team where the field Umpire is of the opinion that a Player has lifted a Player or climbed on the shoulders of a Player from the same Team. This Free Kick shall be taken by a Player from the opposing Team where the infringement occurred or where the football is at the time of the infringement, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending Team."

Who else but the Brisbane Bears? When else but the '80s? Laughing

Great thread, by the way. Wish there was footage of the other incident mentioned.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:22 pm

My confession: when I played under 16s, I tackled an opponent with my legs. I don't quite recall how it happened, only that I was flat on the ground in defence fighting for the ball and I thought he'd be a good chance to pick it up and score if he got free – so, I scissor tackled him and didn't let go. I'm sure an AFL-level ump would have called it holding the man without a second thought, but ours was nonplussed and called a ball-up instead. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: