Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Noice article on The Smooth Operator: Schade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The future is bright.....
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 pm

MJ23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Was speaking to a senior GC player a couple of weeks ago.
Said Witts is settling in really well and his tap work was outstanding ( this blokes a mid)

He also said he was surprised Schade had not made it at GC and it was more so opportunities than anything else. He said he was a strong mark, a beautiful kick and obviously a great size. He said GC was definitely going to Rookie him if he wasn't taken by another club.

Change of environment will be a big benefit to him but also the NEAFL is not a great comp to develop in. Playing VFL until/if he is ready for AFL will make a huge difference.

Schade was contracted for 2017 at GCS so they had to pay him and include it in their 2017 TPPs. Be mad therefore not to rookie him. As I understand it, GCS still may contribute to his salary (that component above baseline rookie salary) at the Pies.

Correct, it was a senior list position they needed not salary cap relief. They may very well be contributing to his current rookie salary.

If that's true, it's good for Schade, because Rookies don't get paid much compared to senior players and Schade's expenses will be dearer now he lives in Melbourne. Even better for us because we get a player off a senior list and only have to pay his rookie expenses, whereas GCS have to include his top up expenses in their salary cap. Of course we take the risk of carrying a player on our list who may never play a another senior game (like Golds).
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:11 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Said Witts is settling in really well and his tap work was outstanding ( this blokes a mid)

He also said he was surprised Schade had not made it at GC and it was more so opportunities than anything else. He said he was a strong mark, a beautiful kick and obviously a great size. He said GC was definitely going to Rookie him if he wasn't taken by another club.

Change of environment will be a big benefit to him but also the NEAFL is not a great comp to develop in. Playing VFL until/if he is ready for AFL will make a huge difference.

Schade was contracted for 2017 at GCS so they had to pay him and include it in their 2017 TPPs. Be mad therefore not to rookie him. As I understand it, GCS still may contribute to his salary (that component above baseline rookie salary) at the Pies.

Correct, it was a senior list position they needed not salary cap relief. They may very well be contributing to his current rookie salary.

If that's true, it's good for Schade, because Rookies don't get paid much compared to senior players and Schade's expenses will be dearer now he lives in Melbourne. Even better for us because we get a player off a senior list and only have to pay his rookie expenses, whereas GCS have to include his top up expenses in their salary cap. Of course we take the risk of carrying a player on our list who may never play a another senior game (like Golds).

Unless I'm mistaken, the prescribed rookie salary only sets a minimum. Clubs can come to agreement with players to pay above. I think Cox negotiated a salary around $120k to match what he would have earned if he'd taken the US job he'd been offered, and I'd think Frost would have negotiated a higher salary because he'd been retained on the rookie list.

Certainly a good thing for us if GCS are paying some of Schades salary in 2017.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:47 pm

He was one of the bright young stars of the TSL when he was with North Hobart, one player I hoped we'd have looked at back then but it's good he's at Collingwood now. I hope he does well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Coast to coast, into the 50, watch out man
Across the ground to large key forward, punch the hand
Smooth operator, smooth operator

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:39 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Coast to coast, into the 50, watch out man
Across the ground to large key forward, punch the hand
Smooth operator, smooth operator

You ignore my Timbuk3 reference, I give you doughnuts.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:23 am

jackcass wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, the prescribed rookie salary only sets a minimum. Clubs can come to agreement with players to pay above. I think Cox negotiated a salary around $120k to match what he would have earned if he'd taken the US job he'd been offered, and I'd think Frost would have negotiated a higher salary because he'd been retained on the rookie list.

Certainly a good thing for us if GCS are paying some of Schades salary in 2017.

this is all true, but if you pay above the rookie scale, the extra is counted towards the salary cap.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:55 pm

The Prototype wrote:
He was one of the bright young stars of the TSL when he was with North Hobart, one player I hoped we'd have looked at back then but it's good he's at Collingwood now. I hope he does well.

Yeah, me too hope this guy does well. Good lord we need the backline help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: