Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Unbelievable!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As I wrote elsewhere a little while ago:

How about you grow some balls and do what really needs doing, Turnbull? Work out which of the members of your parliamentary party are the dishonest, selfish scum and expel them. Start with Seenodonors and work your way down from there.

Of course, that wouldn't leave many bums on the government benches, would it. So, when you think about it, there is no actual downside.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:44 pm

You reckon there is any chance of it?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Tannin wrote:
Fair enough Stui.

I agree with your point about large electorates as a generality. However, the former Health Minister was very clearly rorting, no question about her guilt. Hell, even Turnbull, who is so blind to naked venality that he has re-elevated the disgusting Arthur Seenodonors to the ministry, felt he had to get rid of her. Being sacked for having your snout in the trough my Cayman Mal is like being tried for being unlovable and found guilty by your mother.

I have to pick you up on your 'both sides" comment though. Yep, there have been dishonest Labor members. But very few of them by comparison with the Liberals, and nearly always their sins are lesser ones. I'd love to see the numbers on this, if anyone has collated them. Would it be 3 to 1? Five to one? Seven to one? My guess, about 4:1` corrupt Liberals vs corrupt Labor MHRs and senators. Noe also that corrupt Liberals are much, much more likely to be helping themselves to public money, which is a worse crime than ordinary graft.

How many Greens have been guilty of travel and other rorts? They have been in parliament for decades now and off the top of my head I can't think of a single bad one. (There are ones I don't like because of their policy views, but I can't recall a single corrupt one.)

I'll pay the Greens, I can't recall any of them in expense rorts either. Mind you, there's not many of them in parliament comparatively.

Labor vs Liberal, if you go across the board and include state as well as federal, I'd be surprised if it wasn't close to 50/50

A couple of years old but relevant.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/datablog/2013/oct/14/coalition-labor-travel-expenses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: