Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hey sunderland fans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 4:26 am
Post subject: Hey sunderland fansReply with quote

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaa fancy letting man_ure kick ur ass!!!

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 4:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

and it was the man u reserves as well lol

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:18 am

as Metro radio said, it was a case of men against boys.
not a bad reserves team of 10 internationals.

"consectatio excellentiae"
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:12 am

what can I say? I stayed up until 2am listening to this match live on the internet (I will have to get Foxtel dammit). it was definitely a case of men against boys. man utd fielded a second string side but they were still too good. they were just too structured and organised, while sunlun was left chasing shadows. sunlun played like a 1st division team, and were duly spanked. the midfield was a shambles; they brought in thirwell in place of the suspended mccann, and williams in place of haas. just didn't work. I don't want to bag reidy. I have the greatest respect for the man who took the club from the brink of the 2nd division to the premiership. but he has to start spending soon, otherwise sunlun will end up in mid-table obscurity, or worse. sinclair, mcateer, I don't care. if sunlun doesn't qualify for europe this season, or pick up some silverware, I'm afraid that it will be the last we see of phillips, sorenson and arca in sunlun colours. to do that, they need quality players.

the two bright spots from the game (and I'm grasping at straws here) was david belion's game and super kev's goal. when belion came on for kilbane, he at least gave the crowd something to get excited about, and was unlucky not to get a penalty after beating 4 manure players in a brilliant run. the kid's got a bright future. also, SKP again stuck it up sven goran erikson by scoring one against the champions, and beating wes brown no less. how this man is not playing for england is beyond me. are you listening sven? stop picking mediocre players from the so-called top teams, and start picking players who are in-form. stop getting swayed by the london media mafia.

it's true that the rest of england doesn't give a fanny's fart about the NE, and where sunlun and newcastle end up. but the fact is, the region is well known for their fanatical support for their footy teams, and it's good for the premiership if they're doing well (I discount boro - they are in yorkshire not the NE). the skunks seem to have got their act together and are, for the moment, flying high. it's time for the wearsiders to do the same. the past two years have been promising; now it's time to shed the inferiority mentality and join the ranks of the elite. the setup at sunlun is fantastic. they are financially sound, the SOL is the best ground in england, the academy of light and youth set will soon rival man utd and leeds, and of course the fans and support are fantastic. it's time to take the next step.

GO THE MACKEMS!!! HA'WAY THE LADS!!! let's kick the shite out of boro this weekend!!

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:54 am

yep we are flying high junkboy, but at this time last year we were top of the table, were we not? I wouldn't be surprised if Robert, Shearer, Solano, Dyer, Cort, Bellamy, Dabizas, Given all got injured and we end up finishing at the foot of the table. At the same time, Newcastle are so unpredictable that anything can happen, we could be pushing for a champions league spot, but so can other clubs like the mackems. Before you laugh, remember that there are 4 CL spots up for grabs this season, so anything can happen. Another thing - the league cup is definately a possibility for us this season, we have finally started to assemble something that reflects a talented squad. Bellamy is a revalation, Robert would have to be close to recruit of the season, and if we manage to snare Sinclair, we will have a midfield of Solano, Robert, Sinclair, Dyer and Bellamy and a front pair of Shearer and Cort. You cannot tell me that isn't a classy attack, it would rate alongside that of Leeds and Chelsea, and now that confidence is up, this squad can go anywhere with Uncle Bobby at the helm.

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:09 am

not to mention that you were 12pts up in the premiership a few years ago and were overhauled by man utd. actually, I have a bit of time for given, because he was instrumental in sunlun's promotion year in the mid-90s. ironic that he is now a mag.

sinclair will definitely leave, esp. after west ham's drubbing. 10 million pounds is a lot of dosh though. mcateer looks set to sign with sunlun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: