Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Climate change

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i said the damage caused by smoking, and i stand by that. i didnt say the cancer caused by smoking, the heart attacks caused by smoking, or even the wrinkles caused by smoking - hell i know from looking in the mirror you dont need to smoke to get them.

i didnt even say its a contributing factor, (yes i believe it is, but i am not a doctor and cant back that up) but there is no denying it sure as hell wont help. ask any reformed smoker how much better they feel.
kinda like asking the reformed "drinker" people seem to think i am!

basically, if you want to give your body the best shot to fight off nasty diseases, then give your immune system the best shot you can. and any doctor will tell you, no.1 quit smoking. unless of course you take hard drugs, or are an alcoholic.

and no, i dont live or hang around in heavily polluted areas!

Last edited by think positive on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:40 pm

think positive wrote:
if they don't get the damaged caused to their immune system, Cardiovascular system, Respiratory system, hell even their skin and teeth

think positive wrote:
i didnt say that smoking causes anything.

think positive wrote:
yes i said the damage caused by smoking.

confused AF Confused
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 pm

luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
if they don't get the damaged caused to their immune system, Cardiovascular system, Respiratory system, hell even their skin and teeth

think positive wrote:
i didnt say that smoking causes anything.

think positive wrote:
yes i said the damage caused by smoking.

confused AF Confused

damage does not equate to disease. hence many smokers dont get sick. it does however prevent your system working to your best capacity.

im out!
cheers

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:47 pm

think positive wrote:
( i mean your going to compare the odd slice of burnt toast - which i toss away anyway!- with a regular smoking habit?!) then that's just delusion, denial, whatever.

Umm no what I actually said was

Morrigu wrote:
.... it has been identified as a contributing factor due to classification of some substances in cigarettes as carcinogenics. Just like those identified in burnt toast!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:49 pm

actually no im not - i know 8 people who have, have had, or died from cancer. only 1 didnt smoke or was a reformed smoker. and she had bowel cancer, (she did however, eat and drink nothing but crap.) they are pretty shit odds.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:
( i mean your going to compare the odd slice of burnt toast - which i toss away anyway!- with a regular smoking habit?!) then that's just delusion, denial, whatever.

Umm no what I actually said was

Morrigu wrote:
.... it has been identified as a contributing factor due to classification of some substances in cigarettes as carcinogenics. Just like those identified in burnt toast!

fair enough,
but please quote the whole sentence,
"yeah i don't even bother to argue with smokers anymore; if they don't get the damaged caused to their immune system, Cardiovascular system, Respiratory system, hell even their skin and teeth, with all the research out there, ( i mean your going to compare the odd slice of burnt toast - which i toss away anyway!- with a regular smoking habit?!) then that's just delusion, denial, whatever."

you can take out the bracketed toast line, its still valid.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:06 pm

think positive wrote:
and no, i dont live or hang around in heavily polluted areas!

Didn't say 'heavily polluted', I said built up - ie: not the middle of nowhere. Trust me, your lungs will be black.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:16 pm

think positive wrote:
actually no im not - i know 8 people who have, have had, or died from cancer. only 1 didnt smoke or was a reformed smoker. and she had bowel cancer, (she did however, eat and drink nothing but crap.) they are pretty shit odds.

And I've nursed shiploads of 70, 80, 90 year olds who smoked all their lives and never got cancer and many including those much younger that never smoked and did.

Any many who were fit and ate healthily who did and many who ate nothing but crap who didn't.

Smoking undoubtedly causes damage as does drinking as do drugs both illicit and prescription.

And it has been identified as a "contributing" factor in the development of some cancers.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:58 pm

So, what's the consensus? Should I go out and buy a pack? Razz
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 pm

David wrote:

Hell no - have you seen the prices Shocked Ingmar is still growing he needs to eat Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:48 pm

David wrote:

Don't start and you never need to quit.

I know smoking does damage, I've given up twice for 12 months each time but after so long, I just don't feel right without the nicotine in my system. The only delivery mechanism close to replicating it is the cartomisers and they're banned because of dickheads. (I've got one I bought in San Fran, i intend to use it more often)

Funny thing is, Doc told me to quit to lower my blood pressure so I did, but it didn't. My BP is as good as it's been in 10 years and i'm smoking 30 a day.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Don't start and you never need to quit.

I know smoking does damage, I've given up twice for 12 months each time but after so long, I just don't feel right without the nicotine in my system. The only delivery mechanism close to replicating it is the cartomisers and they're banned because of dickheads. (I've got one I bought in San Fran, i intend to use it more often)

Funny thing is, Doc told me to quit to lower my blood pressure so I did, but it didn't. My BP is as good as it's been in 10 years and i'm smoking 30 a day.[/

When I found out I had high... VERY high BP (160/110), I was 78kg (now 98kg) I was 30 (now nearly 50), I was training in a boxing gym 4 days a week which was a 7k sprint on the pushy each way and not smoking at the time, hadn't for about 3 years.

Went to the docs for a sore elbow that was killing my jab and got told I was verging on hospitalisation Shocked

I walked outa the docs, bought a packet of winny red and a carton of Crownies Laughing

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Thread split maybe Confused
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:55 am

Some new stuff...

In his global-warming propaganda film An Inconvenient Truth, Gore spoke of how ice melt-off could lead to the flooding of low-lying areas, including Manhattan. In fact, nine years ago he warned of a high probability that the entire North Polar ice cap may well be gone in five years. Instead, reports are that Arctic ice is the thickest it has been in 75 years. And Manhattan? Well, its still dry and as all wet with liberalism as ever.

Al Gore... the biggest lying hypocrite ever?......

And Gore himself should come with guidance notes. Consider: Speaking at the 1996 Democratic National Convention, Gore slammed GOP presidential nominee Bob Dole as a shill for Big Tobacco. Rendering a tear-jerking story about his sisters tragic 1984 death of lung cancer, the then-vice president emotionally vowed that he would fight the tobacco companies till his dying breath.

Yet the facts tell a different story. While campaigning for the presidency in North Carolina in 1988 four years after his sisters death Gore tried to woo the states tobacco producers with the following impassioned appeal: Throughout most of my life, I raised tobacco. I want you to know that with my own hands, all of my life, I put it in the plant beds and transferred it. I've hoed it. I've chopped it. I've shredded it, spiked it, put it in the barn and stripped it and sold it."

Was there a lag between his sisters tragic demise and the emergence of his feelings surrounding it?

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/25224-al-gores-latest-climate-change-lie

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:25 pm

You're not going to find many people out there who don't already think Gore is an amoral, careerist hypocrite. But attacking people is a poor substitute for engaging with scientific research.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 5 of 51   

Jump to: