Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Climate change

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/chris.dynon/videos/10216306351231927/?__tn__=%2CdCH-R-R&eid=ARAJsgsqfJ9zerrGQkJIyY4DhFe2fpEY2M2kV6eSfsmLSzXawxxdwuZdoNfV8Bj2QVtcu4Orkr5_5FWi&hc_ref=ARRCNlZ1x8Hgf5OuibQbPESBakA0X5IQ-BcG9LHIFav6rqza7E742ztG9nmbfByRIXc&fref=nf

Try that.

or this https://www.facebook.com/chris.dynon/videos/10216306351231927/

Are you taking over Skids’s role of posting inane rubbish from the shallow end of the gene pool?

Tired old disproven conspiracy theories about “the Greens” to deflect attention from:

1. The contextual role of climate change
2. A 35% reduction of paid employees in the fire protection/forest management like areas by the NSW state Government

Let me see: All ex fire chiefs including ex CFA and their view that climate climate change is playing an instrumental role in the fires or a drongo who just learned to stand erect the day before and his view on climate change. Tough choice......

But wait it those freakin’ greens because they’ve been in power all these years and can implement their policies and agendas ( even though they advocate targetted and informed burning off)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 pm

If you don't understand that environmentalist groups have been lobbying and influencing how National Parks are maintained for decades, you need to get that fat arse out bush.

Locking areas up to preserve stuff doesn't work, it was purpose designed to burn over 10's of thousands of years. Slightly warmer spring weather doesn't create the fuel, it just dries it out a little earlier.

We're actually lucky these bush fires hit this early, if they happened in January (and it was only a matter of when, not if) it would have been far worse

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
If you don't understand that environmentalist groups have been lobbying and influencing how National Parks are maintained for decades, you need to get that fat arse out bush.

Locking areas up to preserve stuff doesn't work, it was purpose designed to burn over 10's of thousands of years. Slightly warmer spring weather doesn't create the fuel, it just dries it out a little earlier.

We're actually lucky these bush fires hit this early, if they happened in January (and it was only a matter of when, not if) it would have been far worse

Man, this arse is slim and the body svelt Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Didn't you go to inquire about a price for a butt crack wax and they gave you a quote per square metre? Razz Wink
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Didn't you go to inquire about a price for a butt crack wax and they gave you a quote per square metre? Razz Wink

Who moi?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9PwuQeXONw

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:37 pm

sorry WPT but thats funny Stu!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:31 pm

I try.

Meanwhile, Albanese makes more sense than most politicians in justifying continuing coal exports.

No motivation from the massive swing against Labor in mining seats I'm sure, but still.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/albanese-says-australia-should-continue-to-export-coal-20191208-p53hyp.html

Couple of quotes

Quote:
Mr Albanese said Australia’s priority should be to reduce greenhouse gas emissions under strong global agreements but that this would not be achieved by stopping coal exports.

Quote:
“If Australia stopped exporting today there would not be less demand for coal – the coal would come from a different place,” Mr Albanese said in an interview.

Advertisement

“So it would not reduce emissions – which has to be the objective. I don’t see a contradiction between that and having a strong climate change policy.

“We’ve got to consider what the actual outcome is from any proposal, and the proposal that we immediately stop exporting coal would damage our economy and would not have any environmental benefit.”

Has Albo been reading my posts? I said something very similar a while back.

Quote:
Mr Albanese said the demand for coal around the world would not change if Australia stopped its exports, which meant the ban would have no impact on emissions.

“What happens with our exports depends on demand – and our exports do not create demand,” he said.

While the world was transitioning away from coal, he said, the Australian priority should be to reduce emissions under United Nations negotiations such as the Paris agreement.

Way too sensible.

Quote:
Mr Albanese spoke of the link between climate change and the heightened risk of bushfire.

“You can’t link any specific event, but what you can look at is the trends – and the trends are very clear,” he said.

“Bushfire season is getting longer and it’s getting more severe.”

Note the term "heightened risk" not "cause". You still need fuel to make bush burn

Quote:
Mr Albanese said the environmental “convoy” to Queensland during the election campaign hurt the climate change cause by offending voters,........You can’t change people's views by screaming at them.

Acknowledging that which many denied.

Well done Albo

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Greg Jericho noted in an article the other day that Albanese’s comments are pretty much indistinguishable from Abbott’s about coal exports back when he was PM. Typical Labor, really – they’ve never met a slightly unpopular good idea that they haven’t at some stage run away screaming from.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Labor are meant to be the workers party, I might disagree with a lot of that rhetoric but I at least respected them then. If Albanese gets back to that and drops this ridiculous Greens/Labor crap they'll start winning again.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:

No motivation from the massive swing against Labor in mining seats I'm sure, but still.

Well done Albo

Yes that solves it Rolling Eyes

On the other hand all ex fire chiefs including the CFA say "Climate Change" has played an intsrtrumental role in the current bush fires (and they're not trying to be populist)

Let me see, should I quote someone from the shallow end of the gene pool as some one did earlier, quote a politician who wants votes from the deplorables in Queensland electorate or prefer some people with first hand knowledge? ...tough question.

However, given your penchant for quoting politicans then try this right wing Liberal NSW Minister and a Federal Minister to boot:

"...NSW Environment Minister Matt Kean and his federal counterpart Sussan Ley have broken ranks with some Coalition colleagues and blamed Australia's devastating bushfires on climate change..."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-11/matt-kean-blames-bushfires-on-climate-change/11787498

The argument is over about climate change (apart of course from a few dying paroxysms of the looney right). The only debate is: timing, extent and what is to be done.

Relying on coal is not an answer and Australia cannot ask other countries (emitters) not to emit if we continue the way we have been

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Australia is the worst-performing country on climate change policy, according to a new international ranking of 57 countries. The report also criticises the Morrison government for being a “regressive force” internationally.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/11/australia-ranked-worst-of-57-countries-on-climate-change-policy

The Morrison Muppets who bring a lump of coal to Parliament Shocked who'd a thunk?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Good work, that's rousing endorsement of this Government.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Australia is the worst-performing country on climate change policy, according to a new international ranking of 57 countries. The report also criticises the Morrison government for being a “regressive force” internationally.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/11/australia-ranked-worst-of-57-countries-on-climate-change-policy

The Morrison Muppets who bring a lump of coal to Parliament Shocked who'd a thunk?

It’s apparently not shameful to everybody but I reckon it will be to everybody’s kids in 25 years’ time.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Well done Albo

Yes that solves it Rolling Eyes

On the other hand all ex fire chiefs including the CFA say "Climate Change" has played an intsrtrumental role in the current bush fires (and they're not trying to be populist)

Instrumental role does not equal cause. The weather conditions in previous months are hardly unprecedented. Temperatures and rainfall may have been outside the average, but that's how averages work. We've had worse conditions before, sometimes it's lead to fires sometimes not.

Leaving your mind reading ability where you can discern their intent, it would hardly be a good look for the ex fire chiefs to throw the state governments under the bus for poor forestry management.

Quote:

Let me see, should I quote someone from the shallow end of the gene pool as some one did earlier, quote a politician who wants votes from the deplorables in Queensland electorate or prefer some people with first hand knowledge? ...tough question.

shallow end of gene pool? Deplorables? Classy response.
Quote:

However, given your penchant for quoting politicans then try this right wing Liberal NSW Minister and a Federal Minister to boot:

"...NSW Environment Minister Matt Kean and his federal counterpart Sussan Ley have broken ranks with some Coalition colleagues and blamed Australia's devastating bushfires on climate change..."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-11/matt-kean-blames-bushfires-on-climate-change/11787498

Lovely misleading headline. Did you read the article?
Quote:

The argument is over about climate change (apart of course from a few dying paroxysms of the looney right). The only debate is: timing, extent and what is to be done.

Relying on coal is not an answer and Australia cannot ask other countries (emitters) not to emit if we continue the way we have been

Great. So your solution to stopping bushfires is to focus on reducing CO2 emissions which should, if successful, start reversing global warming in a few decades, and in the meantime we just throw our collective hands up and chant "climate change" everytime we get bushfires rather than trying to do practical prevention. Great plan.

Coal is not the answer, but until China and India in particular develop alternative means to generate electricity, they're going to keep burning coal and if they don't get it from us they'll burn low quality rubbish which pollutes more. Or would you prefer they go without power?

Electricity generation in Aus is the responsibility of the states, not the feds. Solar is already producing a fair percentage of our power and that's causing all sorts of issues with the grid. See WA where the state still owns the power company. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-01/rise-of-rooftop-solar-power-jeopardising-wa-energy-grid/11731452

It's the people who simply regurgitate populist cant without understanding the depth and breadth of issues at play who should have their intelligence challenged

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:40 pm

^
1. The fire chiefs actually said cause: I put instrumental

2. The shallow end of the gene pool is your mate and his video previously

3. Deplorables because to you it’s like saying union (hook line & sinker) in reality the ALP federally lost in QLD & those idiots should be prevented from voting. Anyone who allows Pauline Hanson and Joh Bjelke and the Clive Palmer can only be referred to as deplorable (and that’s mild)

4. NSW has experienced the hottest and second hottest years on record

5. The debate is over.

It’s how we deal with climate change that is in question

If you think the Federal Government doesn’t or shouldn’t play a role in climate policy which can effect outcomes (for states) then coal is for you, Adani can be ur friend 🙄

Watch out for the 16 yr old girl: she’s coming to get you ( and Sky News)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 37 of 51   

Jump to: