Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Climate change

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
And the 31000 scientists in the USA that dispute the climate change lie?.... the ones that don't accept the billions of dollars to play along with the charade.... what of them?

You choose to believe the paid off brigade, some of us don't and that promptly earns us a label??

Ahhh, the hypocrisy Surprised

Skids, are you referring to one of my posts? I didn't label anyone.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 pm

The weather certainly feels changed to me compared to when I was a kid.

As one vivid example I can recall during Winter you'd leave for school and it would be pissing down and when you left to go home it still would be and it would happen on numerous occasions.

The seasons themselves seem to have shifted a month to me with Winter more July to September now and so on.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:09 pm

In reference to an earlier post obviously I meant right winger.

Ring winger sounds like the mate you take along to a night of expectant gay loving.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 am

npalm wrote:
Skids wrote:
And the 31000 scientists in the USA that dispute the climate change lie?.... the ones that don't accept the billions of dollars to play along with the charade.... what of them?

You choose to believe the paid off brigade, some of us don't and that promptly earns us a label??

Ahhh, the hypocrisy Surprised

Skids, are you referring to one of my posts? I didn't label anyone.

No, not you. I've hardly seen you post here to be honest.

The usual suspects Wink

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:36 am

swoop42 wrote:

As one vivid example I can recall during Winter you'd leave for school and it would be pissing down and when you left to go home it still would be and it would happen on numerous occasions.

The seasons themselves seem to have shifted a month to me with Winter more July to September now and so on.

You're not being serious are you swoop?

Of course seasons change, when they build bridges and roads and mines, they plan for 50 year floods and 100 year floods.

I don't dispute for one second that the climate 'changes' . It has done and will do continually (hence the ice ages and different atmosphere compositions planet earth has had).

What I do dispute, along with many other people and scientists as well, is the alarmist dribble that is force fed to us by people with a money making agenda.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Skids wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

You're not being serious are you swoop?

What I do dispute, along with many other people and scientists as well, is the alarmist dribble that is force fed to us by people with a money making agenda.

You're not being serious are you Skids? This belongs in the jokes, jokes & more jokes thread. Get out & enjoy the fresh air. I suspect it's the methane again.

The paid off ones you refer to (OMG) Who funds the looney right anti climate change information distribution sites. No money from big coal & big oil? Follow the money Skids.

That has to be one of the dumbest arguments I've ever read (Mind you that climate change scientists are only in it for their jobs has been pedalled by the extreme right for years) just I didn't think that people would be gullible enough to believe it.

Remember: "it's good to have an open mind but not so open that your brains slip out" said the Professor to the coal industry propagandist for one nation.

Mind you, your mate Malcolm Roberts accuses NASA of being a culprit behind climate change science. When asked in parliament for what end he replied: he didn't know Laughing

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:11 pm

A MATHEMATICAL discovery by Perth-based electrical engineer Dr David Evans may change everything about the climate debate, on the eve of the UN climate change conference in Paris next month.

A former climate modeller for the Governments Australian Greenhouse Office, with six degrees in applied mathematics, Dr Evans has unpacked the architecture of the basic climate model which underpins all climate science.

He has found that, while the underlying physics of the model is correct, it had been applied incorrectly

He predicts global temperatures, which have plateaued, will begin to cool significantly, beginning between 2017 and 2021. The cooling will be about 0.3C in the 2020s. Some scientists have even forecast a mini ice age in the 2030s

http://www.news.com.au/national/western-australia/miranda-devine-perth-electrical-engineers-discovery-will-change-climate-change-debate/news-story/d1fe0f22a737e8d67e75a5014d0519c6

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Do they work for the government?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:29 am

Also in the news tonight, a Penrith-based burger flipper has discovered that gravity is caused by mice.

A Miranda Devine column in a Murdoch rag .... FFS, we are not completely stupid here.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:31 am

Tannin wrote:
Also in the news tonight, a Penrith-based burger flipper has discovered that gravity is caused by mice.

That could explain why so many women can defy gravity when they see a mouse. Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:34 am

Tannin wrote:

A Miranda Devine column in a Murdoch rag .... FFS, we are not completely stupid here.

Lookie here sunnyboy, you might scoff but climate change is only being advanced by those on the take.

I know for a fact that you've been funded by two unemployed greeny BA students on their newstart allowances, that you run out of electricity when they stop pedalling, that Alan Finkel as head of the CSIRO that is, Australia's top scientist was not successful & financially secure until he accepted less money to be appointed to his current job. Good god what's the matter with you.

npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:57 pm

^^ Skids, that link is nearly two years old. It says his analysis was going to change the climate change debate and his work would be published as two scientific papers and undergo peer review. I can't find anything on Google to indicate that the work was ever published, let alone properly reviewed.

And the national science bodies of the world are still warning about the risk of man-made climate change.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:01 pm

I've heard that before.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:47 am

npalm wrote:
^^ Skids, that link is nearly two years old. It says his analysis was going to change the climate change debate and his work would be published as two scientific papers and undergo peer review. I can't find anything on Google to indicate that the work was ever published, let alone properly reviewed.

And the national science bodies of the world are still warning about the risk of man-made climate change.

How can you say it's not been peer reviewed? It's been peer reviewed by Andrew Bolt, Piers Ackerman, Tim Blair... Wink

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:03 am

https://youtu.be/C35pasCr6KI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 8 of 51   

Jump to: