Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lachie Keefe...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to shudder about with Lynden Dunn...this time last year, the AFL Prospectus ranked Dunn the number one player at Melbourne in his relevant position on the ground (key defender). Dunn, T.McDonald and Gawn - in that order - were the only 3 to rank as "above average" in their respective positions.

Melbourne simply made a conscious decision in 2016 to go with O.McDonald...potentially a 10 year centre half back. Dunn didn't get a look in after arguably his finest year in 2015. Dunn's as good defensively as N.Brown, with an elite kick and better intercepting skills. He's an upgrade...and he cost us peanuts!

My preferred set-up:

B. Maynard Dunn Howe
HB. Scharanberg Reid Smith
C. Sidebottom Treloar Aish
HF. Elliot White Wells
F. Fasolo Moore Keefe

Rucks: Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams

Inter: Wills, Crisp, De Goey, Varcoe

Depth: Langdon, Hoskin-Elliot, Ramsay, Greenwood, Goldsack, Cox, Mayne, Thomas, Sinclair, Blair

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Keefe is a defender his background in soccer was as a goalie his AFL training has been as a defender.
Doubt he will make it as a forward and less chance as a ruckman every time he has been tried in either position he was poor

Hope he proves me wrong and becomes a first ten picked each week

The Weed 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:34 pm

neil wrote:
Keefe is a defender his background in soccer was as a goalie his AFL training has been as a defender.

Actually he was a defensive midfielder.

<Mod edit: Gentle reminder, but can we check our formatting in the future, please? Thank you!>
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Dunn >> Keefe

Has the runs on the board. I hated his guts, but if he annoys people like he did for the Dees, then we is gonna love him.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:13 am

I'm fascinated to see how him and Thomas re-adapt to the nature of the game after a two-year absence.

Don't expect instant results, but I'm really hoping both boys can make it, especially Keeffe as a KPP.

Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:16 pm

[quote="Sir Alan of Didak"]Nothing to shudder about with Lynden Dunn...this time last year, the AFL Prospectus ranked Dunn the number one player at Melbourne in his relevant position on the ground (key defender). Dunn, T.McDonald and Gawn - in that order - were the only 3 to rank as "above average" in their respective positions.

Melbourne simply made a conscious decision in 2016 to go with O.McDonald...potentially a 10 year centre half back. Dunn didn't get a look in after arguably his finest year in 2015. Dunn's as good defensively as N.Brown, with an elite kick and better intercepting skills. He's an upgrade...and he cost us peanuts!

My preferred set-up:

B. Maynard Dunn Howe
HB. Scharanberg Reid Smith
C. Sidebottom Treloar Aish
HF. Elliot White Wells
F. Fasolo Moore Keefe

Rucks: Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams

Inter: Wills, Crisp, De Goey, Varcoe

Depth: Langdon, Hoskin-Elliot, Ramsay, Greenwood, Goldsack, Cox, Thomas, Mayne, Sinclair, Blair

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Cam wrote:
Dunn >> Keefe

Has the runs on the board. I hated his guts, but if he annoys people like he did for the Dees, then we is gonna love him.

Most of the people Dunn annoyed were Dees supporters.....just saying. Wink
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:16 pm

I have to say I didn't rate Keefe at all until he had that standout season before he did his knee and sort of came back as bad as he ever was in his earlier days.I willed the ball away from him, such was my disregard of him.
Having said that,I have ,Sir Allan,put him in my best 22 as a backman.I feel the 2 years away, obviously not under the best of circumstances, he will have matured in a way that can only come through adversity and with not many petrol tickets in the kitty,I feel it's shit or bust for Lachie and I reckon he'll produce the goods .As long as he takes the No3 forward as it was when Brown and Reid were down back with him, he shone and with the likes of Dunne,Reid and Howe,he will be able to utilise his height and pace and be a very good player for us.As an added bonus he can be the extra Ruckman drifting to the forward line and kicking a goal or 2.He will of course attract a heap of barbs from all corners and hopefully none of the faithful be be amongst the ranks who will surely set out to fully destroy his career. He's served his time, it's been handled well by all concerned and hopefully we see him repay the club with some good positive football.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:03 pm

E wrote:
Josh Thomas was a personal trainer in Brisbane last year and on the 3 or 4 occasion that Lachie Keefe visited him at his gym, it is apparent that the lad has worked his arse off. If he doesn't make it, it will not be for a lack of trying.

the problem is that you cant simulate AFL footy. Not even in the VFL. It will take him a while to catch up to the speed of the game again me thinks.

I suspect however that he wont be knocked off the ball ....

Yep, this. Make take him a bit of time, may even struggle for senior games early, but I think he'll ultimately finish 2017 a better player than he's shown in any of his previous seasons.
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:46 pm

1 hour match simulation yesterday and where did Lachie Keefe play? Up forward. This guy is the key...YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 pm

E wrote:
duke750 wrote:
I think Keefe could be a better player than Brown. In my estimation Nathan Brown played one standout game, albeit in GF! He was very slow, a very ordinary kick, on his left side only, and was at sea when the ball was on the turf.

Here's hoping Lachlan has a great season

Players like Presti and Brown are to be judged by the output of their opponent. If you look back, Brown was a dominant shut down backfor several years. There were seasons post 2010 when Browns opponents would routinely have poor days (even in form power forwards). I agree with another poster who noted that injury slowed him and form tailed off in 2016 such that he appeared to be limited in his ability to execute that one skill that he was very good at.

however, credit where credit is due. He was a very very competant full back in his day just as Cloke was at the other end of the ground in his day.

Once they leave the club, i think its unfair to judge a player's career by its ending.

Yep, this. Well said.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
1 hour match simulation yesterday and where did Lachie Keefe play? Up forward. This guy is the key...YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!

Love your enthusiasm but I'll keep my powder dry on Keeffe until he has some runs on the board in his return. Still think he's better suited to defense though.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:56 pm

I think he's better in defence too, but if can pinch hit forward, that's a handy trait to have
rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Prefer him in defense and he is coming from a long way back having been out of the game as long as he has. Hoping more than expecting at this stage.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:46 pm

They play forwards in the back line to teach 'em a different perspective. Maybe this is the same thing in reverse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: