Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Watching Pies from Interstate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:36 pm
Post subject: Watching Pies from InterstateReply with quote

Happy New Year Nicksters!

Now I know I should have researched this before I headed north but now me and the family have moved to Brisbane does anyone know if my only option for watch the Pies is as follows:
- Foxtel
- AFL TV ... but only on mobile/tablet

Is that it?

I think we've only got 4-5 free to air or something stupid this year so going to be tough to watch. I've got a mate's Foxtel Go details (haven't logged in for a while... hopefully it still works!) but that leaves me stuck on an iPad.... not good for the neck!!!

Was kinda hoping I could sign up to AFL TV and watch on laptop but doubt it.

Anyone know of anything I don't? Would really appreciate any help.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:11 am
Post subject: Re: Watching Pies from InterstateReply with quote

GoWoodsmen wrote:

Now I know I should have researched this before I headed north but now me and the family have moved to Brisbane does anyone know if my only option for watch the Pies is as follows:
- Foxtel

Is that it?

I think we've only got 4-5 free to air or something stupid this year so going to be tough to watch. I've got a mate's Foxtel Go details (haven't logged in for a while... hopefully it still works!) but that leaves me stuck on an iPad.... not good for the neck!!!

Was kinda hoping I could sign up to AFL TV and watch on laptop but doubt it.

Mate Foxtel is the best option really (I live in Qld as well) there are a few pubs and clubs that show the games live on Foxtel so depending on where your living that might be a option
Foxtel isn't as expensive as it seems really if the rest of your family want to watch doco's or other sports

Hope that helps a little mate
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you will find more live coverage of AFL on free to air TV on 7 Mate in Queensland than you get in Victoria. The only time you won't see Collingwood on live TV in Queensland is when there is a clash with one of the local Queensland teams. Otherwise as above if you need to watch every Collingwood game live you should get Foxtel as you get better commentators and more extensive coverage. Minimum Foxtel package will set you back about $65 per month.
duke750 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:09 am

For some reason the NSW teams also seem to take precedence up here in QLD.

I have used my iPad through AirPlay to an Apple TV and that has worked well for the AFL app and for a couple of streaming web sites. We are getting NBN rolled out to our neighbourhood in March, so it will be interested to see how that impacts streaming sport.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:15 pm

If your one of those guys or gals who hates rooting around with device channeling or frustrating free to air programming just cross over to the dark side and get a fox subscription then you'll never miss a game or Throbbo for that matter.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:38 am

Thanks everyone. Might have to have a squiz at the Foxtel subscription! Cheers and Go Pies
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:18 pm

^

Sports pack $55 per month.

So that's less than $15 per week to watch the games live with no ads during play plus all the other footy programs and other stuff as well, all without leaving home.

Go to a pub to watch it you'd spend more than $15 each match easily

https://www.foxtel.com.au/get/tv-combos/sports.html

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:55 pm

most of the online bookies now stream AFL as long as you have a few bucks in the account.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:16 am

On a slightly different tack does anyone know if the AFL premium is still free of charge after 31 Janaury to Telstra customers?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:13 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Sports pack $55 per month.

So that's less than $15 per week to watch the games live with no ads during play plus all the other footy programs and other stuff as well, all without leaving home.

Go to a pub to watch it you'd spend more than $15 each match easily

https://www.foxtel.com.au/get/tv-combos/sports.html

Yes, but you only have to go to the pub for those games not on FTA.

My biggest issue with the Foxtel only games is access to a replay. The free AFL Live Pass for Telstra customers last season alleviated that issue. Wonder if they'll offer up the same this season. Was great, just hooked the phone into the TV and could watch to my hearts content.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 pm

I posted this some time back in the "Free AFL live pass" thread. I used it last season to stream from the AFL live app on my ipad to my TV. It worked quite well.

September Zeros wrote:
Ok so I have successfully linked it up with an iPad and an adapter. (I posted this a few years back but the resolution was too poor to watch) No jailbreaking, no fancy IT work or use of terminology that Belongs in sci fi movies, Just a cheap arse iPad to hdmi adapter from eBay. Haven't tried it for a few years and now that I have nbn it's streams well. I'd love to get rid of Foxtel. It's a money pit with very little return. So I'll watch a few games like tjhis and see how it goes. Before anyone rushes out and does this i should add the picture quality via this method is like watching footy in standard definition. If you are use to watching high def and want it this isn't for you, but for a few bucks it maybe worth a try.

Here's the eBay link. You'll pay a lot more for newer iPads/ iPhone adapters ($50 upwards)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/S-for-Apple-iPhone-iPad-1080P-Digital-AV-Adapter-30Pin-Dock-Connector-to-HDMI-/301191314196?hash=item462066bb14:g:nrcAAOxy3cJTfXQT

I'll try and post a pic.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:34 pm
Post subject: Re: Watching Pies from InterstateReply with quote

GoWoodsmen wrote:

- Foxtel

Is that it?

I think we've only got 4-5 free to air or something stupid this year so going to be tough to watch. I've got a mate's Foxtel Go details (haven't logged in for a while... hopefully it still works!) but that leaves me stuck on an iPad.... not good for the neck!!! Was kinda hoping I could sign up to AFL TV and watch on laptop but doubt it.

As much as I hate to tell you,I live on the Sunshine coast,Foxtel is your only real option.I turn off sport in summer and have movies, dunno why, and swap over to sport when the footy starts. No decent radio programs either but at least you can listen to any radio station on the net. Welcome to Queensland.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool
duke750 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:55 am

I was in Canada for a large part of last AFL season, and used VipBox to stream live games. Worked well. Also works in Aus. It is free, legal to use and doesn't cause any problems with computer or iPad, but the streaming must cause copyright violations...

I will probably use the AFL app via my iPad

Dswan36 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 pm

You can always get Kodi. There is an addon call afl video. It has every game from 2013. I haven't had it during a season as I only bought apple tv about a month ago.

You can also load Kodi on to your laptop or phone.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Dswan36 wrote:
You can always get Kodi. There is an addon call afl video. It has every game from 2013. I haven't had it during a season as I only bought apple tv about a month ago.

You can also load Kodi on to your laptop or phone.

What does it cost?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: