Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who is Collingwood's most important player in 2017?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is Collingwood's most important player in 2017?
Alex Fasolo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Daniel Wells
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brodie Grundy
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Billy Elliott
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Adam Treloar
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Scott Pendelbury
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Ben Reid
27%
 27%  [ 18 ]
Steele Sidebottom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Darcy Moore
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 65

Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year as soon as i found out Pendles was playing with injured ribs I placed 100$ each way on Treloar for top 3 or to win it. 26-1 and 80-1. After i saw the way he played against Sydney I thought it was a good bet. Sidebottom doesnt get noticed and Adams is too much of a Hot Head. But if Pendlebury starts 100% fully fit with the AFL's best midfield brigade in support. mwahahahahaha mwahahaha. By the way Pendlebury is 26-1 for the Brownlow. Collingwood is 26-1 for the flag. 26x26=676-1. Put $100 on that and cheer on Pendles and the Pies to $67,600. If your weak hearted Pendles/Coll to make GF is paying Half and a much wiser bet considering our History with GFs
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Has to be a fit Ben Reid. While I love our captain, Reid when fit and firing makes the team so much better. Someone of his quality cannot be replaced and every time he's on the park the Pies are a far better and more importantly, more confident team.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:37 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Grundy by a country mile. It all starts with the ruck and as it stands he's the only established ruckman on our list.

Yep I agree - with Keefe back in the side Reid has some cover (obviously not to the same level but handy nonetheless) otherwise I would have put Reid in the same category

Big Dan 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Grundy.

No like for like replacement.

Similar to Pebbles 10 years ago. Not the best player or most skilled but critical to midfield success.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Stevo75 wrote:
Has to be a fit Ben Reid. While I love our captain, Reid when fit and firing makes the team so much better. Someone of his quality cannot be replaced and every time he's on the park the Pies are a far better and more importantly, more confident team.

Yeah I agree fully, will add Moore coming on and being more consistent will also be very important to us up the other end.

loki04 Leo

Stevo75 wrote:

Yeah I agree fully, will add Moore coming on and being more consistent will also be very important to us up the other end.

loki04 Leo

Stevo75 wrote:

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Surely Mr L Dunn without him we are lost.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Better late than never contribution to this thread. I chose 'other'. That other being Mason Cox. If this guy can improve again at the rate he improved in 2016 he becomes a very dangerous tall forward who could kick 40 goals and a viable 2nd ruck option. This takes a hell of a lot of pressure off Moore and Grundy who are pivotal to our success. After all the euphoria of his amazing debut season I sense the big fella is flying under the radar this year. I'd have him in the side every week this year. I just reckon the more games he gets the better he'll become. On the lead, if our delivery to him can improve, he can be the next Paul Salmon (think his debut season before he did his knee against the Pies). In the 1990 GF he was slaughtering us before Sheedy moved him into the ruck which I am eternally grateful to Sheeds for. Mason Cox could be anything. I reckon most on here still think of him as a bit of a novelty act and underestimate what he is capable of.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:56 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Surely Mr L Dunn without him we are lost.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Damien wrote:
Better late than never contribution to this thread. I chose 'other'. That other being Mason Cox. If this guy can improve again at the rate he improved in 2016 he becomes a very dangerous tall forward who could kick 40 goals and a viable 2nd ruck option. This takes a hell of a lot of pressure off Moore and Grundy who are pivotal to our success. After all the euphoria of his amazing debut season I sense the big fella is flying under the radar this year. I'd have him in the side every week this year. I just reckon the more games he gets the better he'll become. On the lead, if our delivery to him can improve, he can be the next Paul Salmon (think his debut season before he did his knee against the Pies). In the 1990 GF he was slaughtering us before Sheedy moved him into the ruck which I am eternally grateful to Sheeds for. Mason Cox could be anything. I reckon most on here still think of him as a bit of a novelty act and underestimate what he is capable of.

i think he could be a 40 goal a year goal kicker for a 12th place team (i.e., a team who will take the goals because goals are sexy even though he gets slaughtered on the defensive side of his game). Not sure he can be part of a contender unless the other 5 forwards can make up for his shortfalls when the other side has the ball. the doggies, for example would let us kick the ball into our forward line knowing that it makes them more likely to score a goal than us. Mason will kick 4 out of 20 entries and the dogs would kick 10.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 pm

No Reid, no finals. As simple as that.

Grundy is replaceable see: Hawthorn roving to him, Bulldogs
Pendles is replaceable see: Wellingham stepping up when the guns were out before he was moved on. Seems easier to find another mid who can get 30 touches than an elite intercept marker who marshals the backline and leads the rebounding.
Moore is replaceable see: Hawthorn, Bulldogs.

Last year without Reid, Buckley would have been sacked by round 10. He seriously stood up amongst our losses and stymied them to a degree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: