Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who is Collingwood's most important player in 2017?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is Collingwood's most important player in 2017?
Alex Fasolo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Daniel Wells
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brodie Grundy
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Billy Elliott
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Adam Treloar
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Scott Pendelbury
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Ben Reid
27%
 27%  [ 18 ]
Steele Sidebottom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Darcy Moore
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 65

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pendles
Grundy
Treloar
:
:
:
:
:
Would LOVE to see WHE be a gun and Elliot and Shazza return with all guns blazing.

IF all this happens, put us down for somewhere between 6 - 8 I reckon.

duke750 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Interesting post whats'inaname...

I too believe that this post really looks at who we would really miss. And yes, Pendles is our best player, but we could probably get by without him. Grundy is good and has made progress but is still not a really dominant all around ruckman.

To me, now that Class ken is gone Moore is the main key forward, he is critical to our success. If he goes down, or goes missing, we will be dependent on a lot of smaller players such as Elliot and Fesola, or inconsistent players like White and Cox, or untested people like Cox.

Huge responsibility for such a young forward. Good reason to rotate Pendles and Sidney out of the forward line rather than the bench.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:06 pm

There are arguments for alot of players, but if I had to pick 1 it would be Reid.

What I usually ask myself is, if I had to pick 3 players that I want to improve while all the rest played at their usual standards , who would they be....then sometimes I increase it to 5 then 7 then 10...

3 players would be...Reid...then Elliott...then Moore
add a couple more....Fasolo...then Scharenberg
add a couple more...Broomhead...then Aish
add a couple more...DeGoey....then Maynard

and so on.

It virtually means the second tier of players who I want to bring their best game to the table to support Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom, Grundy, Adams.

Maybe Grundy should be listed in the Improvers list...

It really is a squad game these days as injuries play a vital role, almost to the point that if your club has very few injuries then you should be able to make the top four at least.

So for me knowing what Im already getting from the mainstays and A graders, I look forward to seeing the likes of Moore, Broomhead, Aish, Fasolo, Elliott and DeGoey having a good year.....also Mayne, WHE, Dunn, Wells...
There are heaps of players that can make this club great again and Im excited for 2017 !!
I believe we traded very well and did what we had to, to get who we wanted.
Mayne could be the story of the year!!

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:16 pm

BTW my best 26/28 are.

Ramsay...Dunn...Scharenberg
Varcoe...Reid...Maynard
Sidebottom...Adams...Wells
Whe...Mayne...Howe
Elliott...Moore...Fasolo
Grundy...Pendlebury...Treloar

Broomhead..Crisp..DeGoey...(the best tall out of White, McLarty or Keeffe)

Emerg..Greenwood, Wills, Smith, Blair.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:08 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Travis Cloke.

If he returns to AA form and destroys us in round 1

And it's going to happen. Nothing surer.

Not on this planet though.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 am

Our most important player? Dunn.

I hope that Dunn doesn't get a senior game.

No, not because I have anything against the guy, but because if Dunn is fit and can't get selected, that means that Reid and Keefe are doing well at CHB and FB, and it also means that Ramsay, Maynard, 'Berg, Howe, and/or Langdon are in such good form as medium rebounders that we feel no need to redeploy Reid as a mobile floating defender.

In short, if Dunn is fit and can't get a game, our defence will be in top shape. If you have a great defence, you'll win more matches than you lose.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Tannin wrote:

No, not because I have anything against the guy, but because if Dunn is fit and can't get selected, that means that Reid and Keefe are doing well at CHB and FB, and it also means that Ramsay, Maynard, 'Berg, Howe, and/or Langdon are in such good form as medium rebounders that we feel no need to redeploy Reid as a mobile floating defender.

In short, if Dunn is fit and can't get a game, our defence will be in top shape. If you have a great defence, you'll win more matches than you lose.

Smith, Greenwood and Crisp are similar barometers. Were good enough to get a game whenever they were available last year but not in most people's best 22. If these three cant get games this year (and they are as good as they were last year), you will have seen great improvement from the club.

I would love someone to surprise me this year by really stepping their game either from good to elite or from kid to potential star.

I live Aish, DeGoey, Moore, Adams and Fasolo for the former.

My dad thinks Seir is the darkehorse for the latter. I dont know about that, but could it be Wills or McLarty?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 am

How do you like living there?
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:21 am

Tannin wrote:

Excellent post and I agree 100%

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:52 am

De Goey
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 pm

Understand the posters who claim Pendles is our most important player. He's clearly our best. Some suggest the only elite player which I disagree with as I think Treloar finished 2016 as an elite mid.

Personally though I've looked at this as a question of who we could least afford to lose. I'd hate to go without Pendles for any games but the midfield runs deep and while lacking experience, contains numbers of developing prospects and I'm optimistic a couple of them will take great strides toward delivering on potential from this season. Think players like DeGoey and Aish. And we've added Wells who adds experience and class. Consequently not a huge difference btween mids 1-10 over 2-11.

Conversely, losing any of Grundy, Reid, or Moore would really hurt. Yes, as has been suggested, we could cobble together some level of coverage, but the drop in class would be significant. Hence, they were my 3 and in that order.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Some excellent posts here, agree with a lot of the points but I think Moore is the player we need to play consistently well and the one we can least afford to lose. Much like Pebbles was our most important player in his era, Moore has a lot of effect on our structure, will influence the role Elliott, Blair, etc will play as small forwards. If he takes two backman, then surely the forwards reap the rewards. Moore kicks well so if he takes multiple grabs near goal he is so dangerous.

Losing Reid would be awful but White, Dunn, Howe and Keefe are there. Not in Reid's league but good back up.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:43 pm

If I was an opposition supporter and it was the Grand Final, I would be most stoked if Pendlebury was out injured. Most influential player in black & white. Peerless all over the ground and, in his own way, a General.
69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:36 am

I'd like to look at the question slightly differently. My belief, long held, is that the 3rd tier players (bottom 6-7 if you like) are the difference. Last couple of years, this group of players has been our weakness due to injuries, youth and development. Look at Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong in recent years, and see why they have been so successful. So, who are those 6-7 players that need to step up or be replaced? Have we improved the group by the addition of Wells, Maine, WHE, Dunne and the draft? I think we have and if our Tier 1 and 2 players stay fit and develop further, we can be a force.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:58 am

Good post, I think the 6-7 players that will break into this team and recharge us will be.

Elliot Wells Mayne Dunne Thomas Keefe Scharenberg.

Our bottom 6-7 on the ground including bench could be White Crisp Thomas Dunne Maynard Scharenberg and Aish. Or DeGoey/WHE

Thats a strong bottom 6 with great potential. Reminds me of 2010 Dawes Beams Sidebottom Wellingham Blair McCafeer etc...Then we have the formula for a team ready to compete with the sky as the limit. Dermott Brerton said games are won and lost in Finals by the strength and output of your bottom 6 players. It was the differnce for us in 2010 like it surely would have been for the doggies last year.

As for our most important player.

Pendlebury will win the brownlow this year.
Mark My Words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: